Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Master of My Domain
School education. I still don't get why learning basic programming and managing computers isn't mandatory, Instead we're teaching students how to use cursive, which I only use very few times an year as an adult, and deal with emails, bugs, online documents almost every other day. Hey teacher, I want to know how to buy a house, learn some public etiquette - oh shut the hell up and finish your calculus.

When people are ignorant about subjects that they should know.

Case in point: I work at a vet clinic.

Recently the staff have noticed that a crow has been constantly attacking the window of a nearby empty building. One of my coworkers who has worked at the office for over a year and who worked at another vet clinic prior to that said to me "I think that crow has rabies."

When I told her that wasn't possible (rabies is a disease that only affects mammals), she responded by saying "But aren't birds mammals?"
That goes waaaay beyond annoying. That's ... scary. There's also the one you get "birds (or fish, or insects etc.) aren't animals".
Do you think these people are mixing up animal and mammal?

Rep for waiting at the dentists. There's virtually no place I'd rather not be, so waiting there drives me batty.

"Annoy" isn't the right word for this one. "Enrage" or "infuriate" are more appropriate but...

Family members who can't grasp the concept of closing the ****ing door. I can't count the number of times my indoor cat Jasper has gotten out because some moron has neglected to shut the door. It used to be that I could pretty reliably find him up one of the trees in my backyard when he got out, but those trees were removed a few months ago. It freaks me out when he gets out because there are all kinds of stray animals and wildlife in my neighborhood, not to mention the threat of cars or ***holes with BB guns who think it's fun to shoot cats.

I went out grocery shopping with Funny Face tonight and came home a little after 9:00 to find the back door open and Jasper missing again. Searched around and FF spotted him in the neighbor's back yard. Only the neighbors weren't home and their gates were locked. Couple that with the fact that my cat is too damned stupid to figure out how to get back over to my yard and you get FF and I spending two hours fruitlessly trying to coax him back over.

Finally at about 11:00 p.m. my neighbors (who I've never actually met before because I'm antisocial like that) came home and I think we startled them pretty bad when FF and I went running over there. But the neighbor let me into the yard - where my cat proceeded to run away from me. I managed to catch him but he freaked out and scratched me up pretty bad as I was carrying him back out. I kept my grip on him though and got him home safe. Well, he's safe anyway. My arm and my side are scratched up and bloody but I got my cat and now I'll actually be able to go to sleep tonight instead of freaking out. This damn cat's going to be the death of me.

Now that sweet kitty is safe, isn't it a little funny imagining how ridiculous we looked?

A recurring one at the moment is the pathetic level of spelling errors on the news – and I mean BBC and Sky especially. It's just flagrant laziness when these things could be altered instantaneously.

People that use the bathroom, but DONT lock the door. Then when you open the door, youre shocked to see some dude trou down taking a dump, and they act like you are the one that screwed up!? Lock the bathroom door!!!!

Telemarketers in general, but late at night and early in the morning telemarketers are the worst.

The DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)

ANY morning talk show.

When youre leaving the movie theater, and the 17 year old usher has his flashlight thingy motioning the departing audience like a herd of cattle out the door. MOO!! MOO!!

Now that sweet kitty is safe, isn't it a little funny imagining how ridiculous we looked?
Pics or it didn't happen.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Well here's are some,
backseat drivers
bimbos
jocks
just general d-bags
Donald Trump
Trump supporters
when people mess up and say "silly me" and laugh

just to name a few of a million.

A recurring one at the moment is the pathetic level of spelling errors on the news – and I mean BBC and Sky especially. It's just flagrant laziness when these things could be altered instantaneously.
Is this something you've seen today? Also, are you talking about on tv or the websites?

I only ask because I'm sure there's a lot of copy/paste going on. That's not an excuse, but an explanation.

People acting as if hypocrisy is one of the worst crimes in the world. This is made all the worse when, rather than hypocrisy, there's simply been a change of mind/further information.

People who make a virtue out of telling it like it is, when what they're really doing is being rude/a ********.

Well here's are some,
backseat drivers
bimbos
jocks
just general d-bags
Donald Trump
Trump supporters
when people mess up and say "silly me" and laugh

just to name a few of a million.
Except for your Jake Gyllenhaal avatar, we don't have much in common.