Westerns HOF

Tools    

Where you at Camo?
I said above i'm going to wait for the second 50s HOF but i'll still follow this. Honestly, no offence to anyone who has dropped out of a HOF because i know there are reasons but i'd feel awful to the host personally so i'd rather only join when i know i could finish one.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I said above i'm going to wait for the second 50s HOF but i'll still follow this. Honestly, no offence to anyone who has dropped out of a HOF because i know there are reasons but i'd feel awful to the host personally so i'd rather only join when i know i could finish one.
It's the right attitude to have

Let the night air cool you off
Come on, people! Join! The western genre has gone through many changes throughout the history of cinema, I know there is a western out there for everybody. Saddle up, join this cattle drive, and pimp your favorites. John Ford, Anthony Mann, Sergio Leone, Sergio Corbucci, Clint Eastwood.

If you don't enjoy the "typical" western, get in here and nominate an atypical western. If you are worried that you will just end up watching ten John Wayne movies, have a little more faith in us. I can speak for myself and Swan, our nominations are not of the inside-the-box variety.

That's my plea, let's go!!!! JOIN OR DIE.

So tomorrow is the deadline. If at least two more people don't join we will go with the plan to nominate two. JJ I need you to let me know which nom you want to get rid of. Swan and Cricket need to send one more each. CR and Rauldc, you guys can send yours anytime.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
If at least two more people don't join we will go with the plan to nominate two.
That was going to be my plan if I didn't get enough people in the Silent HoF (I don't expect an overload of participants there). I am only telling you this in case it should happen and I don't want you to think I "stole" your idea.

I would join, but I haven't, honestly, given this much thought. I had a film in my mind awhile ago, but I am not in the mood to watch it now. Since then, I haven't thought about it. This week has been pretty busy for me, and I haven't given any possible movies for this much thought this week (I kind of forgot about it, to be honest). Your deadline is tomorrow, and I will be missing it because there is a good chance I won't be around until after Friday, anyway.

That was going to be my plan if I didn't get enough people in the Silent HoF (I don't expect an overload of participants there). I am only telling you this in case it should happen and I don't want you to think I "stole" your idea.

I would join, but I haven't, honestly, given this much thought. I had a film in my mind awhile ago, but I am not in the mood to watch it now. Since then, I haven't thought about it. This week has been pretty busy for me, and I haven't given any possible movies for this much thought this week (I kind of forgot about it, to be honest). Your deadline is tomorrow, and I will be missing it because there is a good chance I won't be around until after Friday, anyway.
If you want in I can name the other noms and add yours early next week. We are not that stringent around these here parts.

I put the nominations up since I will be gone all day tomorrow. I someone joins at the last second we will cross that bridge. Great set of noms, can't wait to get started.

Looks like a pretty good set. Calamity Jane and Red River are the only ones I have seen. Both 5/5 from memory. I watched only half of OUATITW. Should finish it up as I was liking it.

If I joined, I would have nominated Stagecoach (my third favorite western) and either How the West was Won or The Big Country.

Wasn't a fan of Dead Man or El Topo, but they interested me enough that I wanted to see both again.

Never heard of The Bravados, but I liked Gregory Peck in The Gunfighter so I'm looking forward to it.

I was planning on watching Calamity Jane soon anyway.

I saw The Great Silence last month and thought it was pretty awesome. I knew Swan or JJ would nominate it.

Never heard of The Wind.

Red River was excellent.

I liked The Professionals.

Unforgiven and Once Upon a Time in the West are great. I figured someone would nominate them.

I've never seen Young Guns.

I watched McCabe and Mrs. Miller for the 2nd time less than 2 weeks ago and loved it.

Looks like a pretty good set. Calamity Jane and Red River are the only ones I have seen. Both 5/5 from memory. I watched only half of OUATITW. Should finish it up as I was liking it.

If I joined, I would have nominated Stagecoach (my third favorite western) and either How the West was Won or The Big Country.
I'm actually pretty excited to watch The Big Country.

I'm actually pretty excited to watch The Big Country.
Its very good. Like a 8.75/10 ish. However, the soundtrack by Jerome Moross is unbelievable; alot better than the movie. I mean, its probably the unsung movie soundtrack. I love it.