Secret Window

Tools    

What does everyone think about this movie? I have been seeing the previews for this movie and they look really good. And I like Johnny Depp a lot, so that bodes well for the film.

Johnny is awesome and that is why I will see the film, but the book it is based off of....my friend told me was horrible. Maybe it will make a turn around,

I can't wait for this film, I'm a big fan of Koepp's last film, Stir of Echoes. This has a good all-round cast, including the always great Turturro.

I eagerly anticipate this one.

Originally Posted by Philmster
I can't wait for this film, I'm a big fan of Koepp's last film, Stir of Echoes. This has a good all-round cast, including the always great Turturro.

I eagerly anticipate this one.

wow- Depp and Turturro- theres an interesting match. Have they ever worked together before?
Im also looking forward to this one, im not sure why, but some movies just draw me to them (I should say, however, that i was also strangely drawn to Pluto Nash......)

they have worked together on:

The Man Who Cried
The Source

The trailer for this is also very interesting, I suggest people see it : Trailers.

I cant wait for this movie either, does anyone remember the release date though?

USA: 12 March 2004
UK: 16 April 2004

I was surprised to see that the film was rated PG-13. It looked scary to me! I guess if a 13 year old can do it, so can I!

Messenger from Hades' Gate
While I think Johnny Depp is the world's second greatest actor (after Bruce Campbell), Turturro is one of the world's best actors. He was by far the best part of Mr. Deeds and was excellent as "Pete" in O Brother Where Art Thou?.

The first time I saw the trailer for this movie, all I knew was that it had Johnny Depp and that the guy with the hat scarred the crap out of me. It wasn't until the second time I saw the trailer that I realized who he was.

This should be a great film.

im sure many of you have read a stephen king book called "the dark half" this is very similar to taht book with some changes of course.

Originally Posted by Philmster
I can't wait for this film, I'm a big fan of Koepp's last film, Stir of Echoes.

This guy did Stir of Echoes? I LOVE THAT MOVIE! And Secret Door looks awesome too. Depp and Turturro is a great match, but I'm used to seeing him in comedies like O Brother. . . and The Big Lebowski. My favorite film of his is The Big Lebowski, as Jesus. My favorite Depp film would have to be either POTCaribbean, or Edward Scissorhands. Dead Man kicked butt too. Secret Door is definately gonna be something to see, good or bad.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I had seen it or plan to but my friend is going to see it and I will rate it according to her!It does look alike a good movie!
And might be the best horror of the year!With Dep you know it is going to b e a good movie!Because he is without a doubt a great actor!and dare I say it not bad looking!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Up until now I was leaning, like, 60/40 towards seeing this movie, but after learning that the director of "Secret Window" also directed "Stir of Echoes", it went up to about 95/5, especially when you consider that Depp and Turturro are BOTH in it! For anyone who hasn't yet seen "Stir of Echoes", don't go rent it, go BUY it! Kevin Bacon did an awesome, awesome job in that movie, just like I'm sure Depp will do in this one. He pretty much steals every movie he's in, whether he's the "star" or not. I'm also a sucker for thriller/horror movies set at or around lakes....I guess cuz I have a lakehouse in a really creepy area, lol.

i wanna see it alot cuz depp is on of my favorite actors but if it comes and the reviews are horrible then i probobly wont.

can someone excplain the story to me cuz im kinda confused.

Originally Posted by Sedai
About four minutes after the introduction of Turturro’s character, I knew how the film was going to end, or more precisely, I knew the gimmick that would be used at the end of the film. About four seconds after finding out the name of Turturro’s character, I figured out the other gimmick that would be used at the end of the film. It seemed to me the director just wasn’t giving his audience much credit, as the clues he gave the audience seemed like anvils to me. Perhaps if Mr. Koepp had taken a more subtle approach with his hints the film would really have been something, as this was my main problem with the movie almost from the get go.
I don't see how that can be. Just by having seen somebody on screen and them presenting themselves can't (at least not to me or anyone I know of) tell how a movie is gonna finish......or even hearing his name just the "first" time, told you the "other" part ??

Secret Window was one film I would consider chilling and suspenseful. One great example of a twisted scenario.

Originally Posted by jrs
I don't see how that can be. Just by having seen somebody on screen and them presenting themselves can't (at least not to me or anyone I know of) tell how a movie is gonna finish......or even hearing his name just the "first" time, told you the "other" part ??

Secret Window was one film I would consider chilling and suspenseful. One great example of a twisted scenario.
I had it figured out way ahead of time too... about right after he said his name. [by had it figured out I mean the WHOLE thing]

The movie wasnt bad for me though since I hadnt read the story. Found it suspensful enough but certainly not SCARY...

I say not theater good but definatley video good.

Originally Posted by FiLm Fr3aK
I had it figured out way ahead of time too... about right after he said his name. [by had it figured out I mean the WHOLE thing]

How? How? How???

After reading Sedai's review, I asked friends of mine and people I know that question and they say it's impossible.

Just by hearing his name tells you the whole sha-bang.... nonsense.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by jrs
How? How? How???

After reading Sedai's review, I asked friends of mine and people I know that question and they say it's impossible.

Just by hearing his name tells you the whole sha-bang.... nonsense.
This post has a few spoilers interspersed....

That isn't quite what I meant. I just knew the little gimmick they would use with his name after hearing his name, not the whole plot. The rest I was already thinking about during the credits, believe it or not, when I saw T Huttons name. It got me to thinking about The Dark Half (Hutton was lead) and about the dual character in that T Hutton played. Once Depp started in with his lounging about and talking to himself, I started thinking of Ed Norton's performance in Fight Club, again with a dual character/personality. Far from impossible, guessing the ending was all to easy for both myself and my girlfriend. Maybe I have just seen that mechanic used too many times or something. It's like "Ok, there is a person harassing this guy that no one else ever sees, and he only comes around when the guy is alone, the other person is a construct of his mind."

I found myself thinking/saying that almost immediately after Turturro shows. These anvil like clues helped:

-The mirror scene Beale mentioned

-The Hat

-The stolen story that was exact, and the fact J Depp was unsure if he had actually stolen it or not when he really asked himself about it.

-The way some of the townspeople acted towards him

-The Pall Malls

-The fact that Shooter knew everything about Mort.

-The parts of the story Shooter reitterated to Mort, dealing with blocking things from the mind.

Originally Posted by Sedai
This post has a few spoilers interspersed....

That isn't quite what I meant. I just knew the little gimmick they would use with his name after hearing his name, not the whole plot. The rest I was already thinking about during the credits, believe it or not, when I saw T Huttons name. It got me to thinking about The Dark Half (Hutton was lead) and about the dual character in that T Hutton played. Once Depp started in with his lounging about and talking to himself, I started thinking of Ed Norton's performance in Fight Club, again with a dual character/personality. Far from impossible, guessing the ending was all to easy for both myself and my girlfriend. Maybe I have just seen that mechanic used too many times or something. It's like "Ok, there is a person harassing this guy that no one else ever sees, and he only comes around when the guy is alone, the other person is a construct of his mind."

I found myself thinking/saying that almost immediately after Turturro shows. These anvil like clues helped:

-The mirror scene Beale mentioned

-The Hat

-The stolen story that was exact, and the fact J Depp was unsure if he had actually stolen it or not when he really asked himself about it.

-The way some of the townspeople acted towards him

-The Pall Malls

-The fact that Shooter knew everything about Mort.

-The parts of the story Shooter reitterated to Mort, dealing with blocking things from the mind.

I underestimated your thinking/review. That and I just put 2 and 2 together just now. Thanks for that.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by jrs
I underestimated your thinking/review. That and I just put 2 and 2 together just now. Thanks for that.
It's all good man. Hopefully I didn't lower your enjoyment of the film, just wanted to explain where I was coming from.