Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

You can with a combination of real objects and CG. Where The Wild Things Are had fantastic CGI characters.
Yeah, I remember someone did recommend that film highly and they did look good. But we are on about a film from the early eighties compared to this brand new one. I think the crux is, I wonder how well-done these CGI characters are in relation to the original Ghostbusters. The equivalent of the library ghost for instance looks like Tim Burton-lite.

Yeah, I remember someone did recommend that film highly and they did look good. But we are on about a film from the early eighties compared to this brand new one. I think the crux is, I wonder how well-done these CGI characters are in relation to the original Ghostbusters. The equivalent of the library ghost for instance looks like Tim Burton-lite.
I don't really care to be honest. Relatively fakey ghosts aren't going to seriously distract from a straight comedy.

I don't really care to be honest. Relatively fakey ghosts aren't going to seriously distract from a straight comedy.
I think it's just taste. I liked the way Ghostbusters was anchored to the real world in various ways, Sigourney Weaver being one, where it had one foot in the comedy and the other in being scary and realistic.

I think it's just taste. I liked the way Ghostbusters was anchored to the real world in various ways, Sigourney Weaver being one, where it had one foot in the comedy and the other in being scary and realistic.
That realism kinda shatters on impact when it collides with Gozer shooting rotoscoped lightning out of his/her hands.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I...didn't hate the trailer, but I didn't love it either. Kate McKinnon is just awesome, so I feel like she will be the saving grace of this. I kind of wish they could have done this as an R so that Melissa McCarthy could do her stuff, like in Spy (That movie floored me), but I'll check it out. Right now I'm neutral, it's neither the abomination that I'm sure a lot of folks on this thread will cry about, nor is it the greatest idea in the history of mankind. Its...a movie that I might go see, or likely rent at Redbox. So yeah.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the human race...
I kind of wish they could have done this as an R so that Melissa McCarthy could do her stuff, like in Spy (That movie floored me),
If only. I'm kind of hoping that this is like Spy in that the promotional material doesn't do the best job of reflecting the film's actual quality, but if it's not going to be R then that might be a problem. Still remaining cautiously optimistic, though.

I didn't think it was funny, but it's a comedy trailer. They tend to lie. Easy example: Fieg's last trailer (Spy) was absolutely garbage, and that movie was enjoyable. The Heat was also very good, and I haven't seen Bridesmaids but I've heard great things about it. Fieg is the best director of female comedies that Hollywood has these days. It's ridiculous to hate this on principle, it will probably be decent.

Talking of the special effects and stuff and the CGI in the original film... you guys do realise the ghosts were actually puppets, and there no was CGI at all?
The other effects were rotoscoped or were men-in-suits.

I actually wanna see it now...... come, Rodent. Come with me to see the female Ghostbusters.

It figures that someone who thought it would be horrible wants to see it and everyone else is now hating on it.

Talking of the special effects and stuff and the CGI in the original film... you guys do realise the ghosts were actually puppets, and there no was CGI at all?
Yes. It was poor blue screen.

I...didn't hate the trailer, but I didn't love it either. Kate McKinnon is just awesome, so I feel like she will be the saving grace of this. I kind of wish they could have done this as an R so that Melissa McCarthy could do her stuff, like in Spy (That movie floored me), but I'll check it out. Right now I'm neutral, it's neither the abomination that I'm sure a lot of folks on this thread will cry about, nor is it the greatest idea in the history of mankind. Its...a movie that I might go see, or likely rent at Redbox. So yeah.
R-rated Ghostbusters?

No offence but that's literally the worst idea I've ever seen on the internet.

That realism kinda shatters on impact when it collides with Gozer shooting rotoscoped lightning out of his/her hands.
I don't see why. The character's played by an actor so it has a physical presence. Also I don't recall the lightning being a problem at all.

The other effects were rotoscoped or were men-in-suits.
Of course, and as I mentioned that adds to its success for me.

Of course, and as I mentioned that adds to its success for me.
Seriously?

Effects are much better now than they were in the 80s. Yes, what they achieved with the original Ghostbusters was clever but I don't believe it's one of the reasons for its success.

Originally Posted by DalekbusterScreen5
R-rated Ghostbusters?

No offence but that's literally the worst idea I've ever seen on the internet.
You live in a world where Twilight internet fanfiction has been adapted into a 40 million dollar movie and THAT'S the worst idea you've ever heard on the internet?

You must be new.

Originally Posted by SeeingisBelieving
I don't see why. The character's played by an actor so it has a physical presence. Also I don't recall the lightning being a problem at all.
I thought the absurdity was more than enough reason to stop questioning the plausibility of the situation.