THE REVENANT
1.72%
1 votes
ROOM
13.79%
8 votes
SPOTLIGHT
58 votes. You may not vote on this poll

My final vote in my Oscar pool goes to The Revenant, with Inarritu taking home Best Director.
Spotlight could take it, but I think a Best Original Screenplay win is enough for it, especially since Tom McCarthy is one of the writers and will not go home empty-handed.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I think the Revenant will take home the award but i also hope the Martian gets an award too, it is an excellent movie and i highly recommend seeing it

My guess is the revenant. But my personal favorite among the list is big short.

But I have to say, this year's animation line up is amazing. Although inside out wins it hands down. But the rest of the movies are great too.

Only seen 3 of the movies so far, but how the hell did Spotlight even get nominated? Some of the most bland, uninspired filmmaking I've seen in recent times.

Welcome to the human race...
Only seen 3 of the movies so far, but how the hell did Spotlight even get nominated? Some of the most bland, uninspired filmmaking I've seen in recent times.
You just answered your own question.

The big short.
It exposes how ludicrous corporatism has become,just a matter of time before it happens again.
The taxpayer bailing out the fat cats and the fat cats remaining fat cats.

The Revenent is another terrible Di Caprio film.

I'm a guy who actually doesn't mind saying, "I told you so", so....I fu*king told you so.

You're welcome.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wooh! I was in it for the long haul. Go Spotlight!

I watched this two days ago and never in a million years would I have thought I was witnessing a potential Best Picture winner. One of the most lightweight films I've seen, it's about time the Academy cared more about the filmmaking craft and less about their subject matter

I watched this two days ago and never in a million years would I have thought I was witnessing a potential Best Picture winner. One of the most lightweight films I've seen, it's about time the Academy cared more about the filmmaking craft and less about their subject matter
Lightweight is a very good way to put it, and i liked Spotlight. What would you have wanted to win?

I was rooting for Room, i only seen four of the nominees though.

I was really hoping The Relevant would win, but for some reason no one even mentioned it tonight.

Master of My Domain
I was really hoping The Relevant would win, but for some reason no one even mentioned it tonight.
Hush Swan, your post isn't relevant to the conversation.

Welcome to the human race...
It's a competently-made true-story dramatisation about an important issue - that makes it far more of a potential Best Picture winner than something like Mad Max: Fury Road. Also, the Academy obviously shows how much they care about actual filmmaking craft with the technical awards where people get played off after thirty seconds,

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
it's about time the Academy cared more about the filmmaking craft and less about their subject matter
Isn't that why The Revenant won Cinematography and Director???

Suspect's Reviews