Teacher Student Romance Movies

Tools    

Hello there
I just watched "A Students Obsession" and loved the theme and concept

Can someone tell me more movies with the same them or Concept

Would Appreciate

Beautiful Mind isn't centered around the romance, but it has a relationship between a teacher and student...and sychsophrenia as well!

This wasn't romance and a certain degree of attraction was only hinted at, but one of my favorites is To Sir With Love (1967) about an idealistic black teacher (Sidney Poitier) who forms a unique relationship with his white high school students from the slums of London's East End.

Hello there
I just watched "A Students Obsession" and loved the theme and concept

Can someone tell me more movies with the same them or Concept

Would Appreciate
I was thinking about the film Guinevere the other day as Stephen Rea and Sarah Polley came up in discussions separately. That might not be exactly the same idea, but it's a great film for their performances if nothing else.

And I mentioned this one in my Cinematic Crush thread. This isn't the backbone of the film's plot, but frankly it might as well be as it's the best part:

Emily Blunt in The Jane Austen Book Club:

A recent one for me and the film's main redeeming feature, playing as she does all that tortured repression. Apart from the fact that she looks beautiful it was nice to see her as a softer character than normal.

Love this question...of course, the first film that pops into my head is 1967's To Sir With Love... Sidney Poitier plays Mark Thackery, a teacher in the slums of London' lower east end who is denial about the fact that one of his students, Pamela Dare (Judy Geeson) has a major crush on him.

Love this question...of course, the first film that pops into my head is 1967's To Sir With Love... Sidney Poitier plays Mark Thackery, a teacher in the slums of London' lower east end who is denial about the fact that one of his students, Pamela Dare (Judy Geeson) has a major crush on him.
Wish I'd thought of this one!

Beautiful Mind isn't centered around the romance, but it has a relationship between a teacher and student...and sychsophrenia as well!
Thanks for the reply
You mean A Beautiful Mind (2001) of Russel Crowe

This wasn't romance and a certain degree of attraction was only hinted at, but one of my favorites is To Sir With Love (1967) about an idealistic black teacher (Sidney Poitier) who forms a unique relationship with his white high school students from the slums of London's East End.

Thank You for the Reply....
I meant a Female teacher and a Male student

Hello All
i meant s Romance Btn a Female teacher and a Male Student
Movies Like
1) My Tutor (1983)
2) All Things Fair
3) The Boy Next Door
4) Notes on a Scandal
5) a Students Obsession

Any more suggestions

1999's Election with Matthew Brodderick and Reese Whetherspoon. A comedy. I enjoyed it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126886/

1999's Election with Matthew Brodderick and Reese Whetherspoon. A comedy. I enjoyed it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0126886/
Broderick and Witherspoon were not romantically involved in Election...Tracy Flick had an affair with a colleague of Broderick's that was part of the film's backstory and over before the film began.

Probably not what the OP is looking for (as the genders don't fit the bill) but an interesting movie nonetheless:

Term of Trial (1962) starring Laurence Olivier as an alcoholic schoolteacher with a rocky marriage. A female student has a crush on him, but when he rightly refuses the teenager's advances, she accuses him of statutory rape (thus the trial). Deep film!

I think this is what the OP is looking for:
All American Girl: The Mary Kay Letourneau Story (2000 Made-or-TV movie).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232062/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

She's still married to her student (who was 12 when they started bonking!!!) They have 2 children together. And the couple has hosted three "Hot for Teacher Night" promotions at a Seattle night club!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

[quote=Captain Steel;1464977]I think this is what the OP is looking for:
All American Girl: The Mary Kay Letourneau Story (2000 Made-or-TV movie).

She's still married to her student (who was 12 when they started bonking!!!) They have 2 children together. And the couple has hosted three "Hot for Teacher Night" promotions at a Seattle night club!

Yes Buddy.... Something of that sort... thank You

and recently Irrational Man from Woody Allen with Emma Stone playing the student...

others i can remember:
Notes on a scandal *ing Cate blanchett
Election *ing Reese Witherspoon

Technically, she wasn't his teacher, but Nicole Kidman's Suzanne Stone does have an affair with a student played by Joaquin Phoenix in To Die For, but the relationship was hardly a romance, she was just using him.

A couple of student/teacher films that may stretch the definition of romance, but merit consideration for this thread are the 1945 film The Corn is Green and the 1956 film Tea and Sympathy.