Optimus Reviews

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Legend
Directed By: Brian Helgeland

The Story
The story follows 2 of the most notorious gangsters in london england back in the 1950's and 1960's the Kray twins. Everyone has heard of the Krays and heard of the crimes that they commited, well they should off because there has been enough bloody films and tv shows about them. Ive seen The Krays (1990), The Rise Of The Krays (2015), and a TV show called Whitechapel, but none of them have come close to Legend. For such a gritty movie Legend certainly has its moments of humour aswell. The movie is very dark and violent one minute, and then you find yourself laughing the next, its very cleverly made and its a fresh approach to the story of The Krays.

The Cast
The cast are great. Tom Hardy's double act of both Ronald and Reginald kray showcases why hes one of the best actors around at the moment. At the end of the movie i even thought to myself....would i have even liked this movie without Tom Hardy, dont get me wrong its a great film, but i think its made greater due to Tom Hardys performance/performances.

Movie Trivia: In the UK, Legend (2015) became the highest grossing 18-rated British film of all time, surpassing Trainspotting (1996).

When Ronnie tells Frances she had to cut a bit of herself off in order to grow to get over Reggie, it was the exact same thing Charles Bronson told Tom Hardy over the phone from prison who had just split up from his then girlfriend at the time using the oxford floods as a reference.

This is the second of three films in which Jacob Tomuri worked as Tom Hardy's stunt double. The others are Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) and The Revenant (2015).
Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to be the bar scene involving The Kray twins and there local rivals. The scene sums up just how different Ronald and Reginald are and just how good Tom Hardy was at portraying them. I swear you would think they where two different actors. Anyway, the scene is hillarious and this is were we find out just how bat sh*t crazy Ronald Kray is..was, whatever.

Verdict
Overall not a bad film at all. Legend has a great cast with some very fine performances. It has some pretty good action from what you would expect from a gangster film, and it has it fair shair of humour to top it all up.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
[center]Mad Max: Fury Road
Directed By: George Miller

The Story
What story? Is there a story?..... Who cares.

EXACTLY!!!

And a GREAT write up on Legend; been aching to see that one BECAUSE its Hardy doing both roles. And yes, seen the Krays back in the day when it came out and damn curious to see this movie's take on them.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Toy Story 3
Directed By: Lee Unkrich

The Story
In my opinion the Toy Story trilogy has gotten stronger with each movie. Toy Story 3 takes the story in a different direction, and this time its more imaganitive than ever. With the same Pixar magic as its predecessors Toy Story again offers a story of warth, humour, and emotion. The movie delivers a little bit of everything for all agers, and even tho its a tad more serious than the previous movies its still so damn fun.

The Cast
The Cast and Characters are fantastic. We still have the same old toy's we have grown to love, and now the inclusion of more. The evil Lotso hug and bear (My son has him and he really does smell of strawberrys), ken Doll, Big Baby, and lots more toy's join what is one of my all time favourite movies. Yeah, ime 28 years old but i don't give a sh**.

Movie Trivia: An early version of Lotso can be seen in Toy Story (1995) during the staff meeting. Woody asks if the toys "up on the shelf can hear" him, and we see a shot of a big, pinkish bear. John Lasseter wanted to use Lotso in the original Toy Story, but PIXAR had troubles getting the fur right.

For Big Baby's one line for the entire movie ("Mama"), the crew had a lot of babies audition by recording them saying the line. The baby that was chosen was named Woody. In fact, the director joked that was the reason why they chose that baby.

For inspiration for the Sunnyside escape, the Pixar staff watched numerous prison movies. Director Lee Unkrich said: "There are a lot of prison movies out there, and I think we watched every single one of them."
Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to be the movies ending. Its such an emotional ending with refferences to The Terminator 2: Judgement Day as an added little bit of humour. Its a perfect ending to the series and really showcases what Pixar are captable of doing.

Verdict
Overall Toy Story 3 is the best animated movie out there. It has a fantastic story, loveable characters, and a very beautiful ending to what is one of the best trilogy's of all time. If there is anyone out there (i doubt it) who has never seen this movie then i highly recommend you do.

Great review on Toy Story 3. The first Toy Story was a staple of my childhood but I only saw the second one once and I still haven't seen the 3rd one... I need to change that.

I most definitely don't agree that Toy Story 3 is "the best animated movie out there." It is a very good movie though and definitely the strongest of that trilogy.

I most definitely don't agree that Toy Story 3 is "the best animated movie out there." It is a very good movie though and definitely the strongest of that trilogy.
What is the best animated film out there?

What is the best animated film out there?
Up, of course.

Followed by Ratatouille and Mary and Max. One need only look at my top ten to get that answer.

Though I could come up with quite a long list of animated films that I prefer over Toy Story 3. Hell there were 25 of them on my MoFo Top Animated Films ballot alone.

To me, the epic ending is the only thing is really has going for it and nothing interesting really happens until they begin to escape. But that epic ending is also fantastic (oh, and the last few minutes are touching and well-done as well).

The rest is, in many ways, a rehash of the past films, especially number two.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Up, of course.

Followed by Ratatouille and Mary and Max. One need only look at my top ten to get that answer.

Though I could come up with quite a long list of animated films that I prefer over Toy Story 3. Hell there were 25 of them on my MoFo Top Animated Films ballot alone.
Ratatouille is fantasic. I love that film, i really need to rewatch it tho since its been a while.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Directed By: Wes Craven

The Story
A Nightmare On Elm Street is horror at its very finest. Wes Craven created a very smart, yet very imaginitive horror movie that leaves you hiding behind your hands, and scared to go to fu**** sleep. The story of Freddy Krueger is truly terrifying, and the idea of him visiting you when your asleep is very very smart. The whole am i awake, or am i asleep, is this a dream, or is this real.. is something we all can relate to, and it truly messes with your head. A Nightmare On Elm Street is a true horror classic and one of my all time favourite movies.

The Cast
The characters are pretty good, but a little dated now obvisouly. I watched this movie on saturday night and the cast do seem a little more cheesier than i remembered, but it has been over 30 years since its release so its understandable. Robert Englund is fantastic as Freddy Krueger. He's one of the scariest creations to ever come out of a horror movie. A true monster, a true beast, and the true Boogeyman. And trust me, John Wick does not give this boogeyman nightmares.

Movie Trivia: New Line Cinema was saved from bankruptcy by the success of the film, and was jokingly nicknamed "the house that Freddy built".

The original glove was used in A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985), and was also seen in Evil Dead II (1987). However, when Wes Craven loaned the glove to the A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) set, it was lost, and has never been located since.

The scene where Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is attacked by Freddy in her bathtub was shot using a bottomless tub, which was put in a bathroom set that had been built over a swimming pool. During the underwater sequence, Langenkamp was replaced with stuntwoman Christina Johnson. Langenkamp spent 12 hours in the bath during filming.
Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has got to the iconic bathroom scene where young nancy is singing.........

One, Two..Freddy's Coming for You!!!
Three, Four....Better Lock Your Door!!!
Five, Six....Grab Your Crucifix!!!
Seven, Eight....Better Stay Up Late!!!
Nine, Ten.....Never...Sleep Again!!!"

Nancy fall's asleep singing and Freddy's hand appears out of the water. Its such a frightening scene where you realise where ever you fall asleep he can get to you. Its moments like this that really showcase just how imaginitive A Nightmare On Elm Street is.

Verdict
Overall everything about this movie is truly terrifying. The story, the soundtracks, the song, and of course Freddy Krueger himself. Its a fantasic slasher, and another horror classic back from the 80's.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This movie scared me when I was younger. My wife had never seen it so last year we I sat her down and we watched it. She thought it was hilarious.

Suspect's Reviews

This movie scared me when I was younger. My wife had never seen it so last year we I sat her down and we watched it. She thought it was hilarious.

Same thing with The Exorcist I guess. People ran out of the theatre, had panick attacks etc. I found myself laughing a couple of times (still great though)

Yep. That's just the way it goes. I remember watching a couple of old horror films from the 30's which my nan could remember watching and being terrified of. Naturally we laughed ourselves silly at the rubber bats, etc.

Great review Optimus, I can tell you really like the film, which makes us want to watch it again! I seen it like a million years ago but remember it was intense, especially for it's time, as you say, it's very unique with the am I dreaming or not? theme.