Movie characters you can't HELP but imitate!

Tools    

Ever watch a movie then find yourself imitating a character for days afterward?
I'm sure you have.

A few movies have effected me (& others) this way. First on my list is Karl Childers from Sling Blade (1996). It seemed like there was an epidemic of people imitating Billy Bob Thornton as Karl shortly after the movie came out. He was one of those characters that people couldn't seem to help but imitate after they saw the film!

There's a bunch more on my mind... but first, let's hear from you!

haha. When i read the title i didn't think i had an answer for this thread but now you mention it me and my friend couldn't stop talking like Karl for a while after seeing Sling Blade. I'll comment later if any more come to mind.

haha. When i read the title i didn't think i had an answer for this thread but now you mention it me and my friend couldn't stop talking like Karl for a while after seeing Sling Blade. I'll comment later if any more come to mind.
Seriously! It was like a virus or something!!! It was like you couldn't see the movie and NOT spend a few days talking like Karl. You could tell at the cafeteria at work everyone who'd just seen Sling Blade... because they were all going "mm... I'd like some french fried po-taters, mm-hmm." or "I wouldn't mind me some biscuits none, mm-hmm."
In fact, I've never met anyone who saw the film and didn't start doing Karl afterwards.

Some obvious mentions:
Don Vito Corleone from The Godfather (1972)
Darth Vader from Star Wars (1977)

I still do the french fried tater thing.

I do zoolander quite a bit too.

Fargo voice in general.

I am sure there are a lot more I will think of.

Ever watch a movie then find yourself imitating a character for days afterward?
I'm sure you have.
For me, not so much imitating...but from time to time I will hear their voice come out of mouth. Which isn't as odd as it sounds. It's like hanging out with a bunch of Australians and you're an American, next you know you're speaking with a slight Aussie accent.

For me, not so much imitating...but from time to time I will hear their voice come out of mouth. Which isn't as odd as it sounds. It's like hanging out with a bunch of Australians and you're an American, next you know you're speaking with a slight Aussie accent.
I know what you mean, Rules. I can't seem to be around an accent without beginning to pick it up and use it. I'll also take on other people's speech patterns, voices and mannerisms, sometimes unconsciously. Like if I'm repeating to someone what a person said to me (then the listener will say, "You sound just like him.") Sometimes it's gotten me in trouble, where I'd be mimicking someone without realizing it or they'd think I was doing it to mock them.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I did that when I lived in Texas for a few years. People told me that I picked up Texas phrases, like "y'all" and "idn't it". I never noticed it, but some friends swore that I said those things. One friend even bought me a t-shirt with the phrase "It's a Texas thing. Y'all wouldn't understand."

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I do a lot of Walter from the Big Lebowski and Tommy from Goodfellas. But I randomly quote horror movies, one of my favourites is from Return of the Living Dead when the zombie grabs the radio from the ambulance and says "Send more Paramedics" and I regularly use Ed's iconic "Can I get any of you cvnts a drink" whenever I'm at a bar. And I've been known to use lines from Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels on occasion.

I have to return some videotapes...
The Dude from the Big Lebowski is mine, the guy is just so f*cking funny that it makes it hard not to quote him.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel
Darth Vader from Star Wars
Darth Vader's awesome, but I prefer The Emperor's quotes. "Let the hate flow through you...!"

Originally Posted by Captain Steel
Joker from The Dark Knight.
Oh yeah. "You wanna know how I got these scars?"

Some of my own...

Agent Smith from The Matrix. "MR. ANDERSON..."

Viktor from Underworld. "Better the devil you know..."

Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas. "You must be... DOUBLE DEAD!"

Hook from Hook. "He'll crow, he'll fight, he'll fly and then... he'll die. AHA. AHA. AHAHAHAH!!!!!"

I think villains tend to get the best quotes. I will substitute a good guy though:

Willy Wonka from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
"Stop. Don't. Come back."

Actually, Willy Wonka is kind of an antagonist.

"It's all there black and white, clear as crystal! You STOLE Fizzy-Lifting Drinks! You bumped into the ceiling, now it has to be washed and sterilized so you GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!"

Most people seemed incredibly helpless when it came to resisting the urge to shout "run forest run" anytime they saw someone running in an unconventional situation

Most people seemed incredibly helpless when it came to resisting the urge to shout "run forest run" anytime they saw someone running in an unconventional situation
OH MY GOD that got old fast.