98. Earthlings - NW
97. The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On - NW
96. Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures - NW
95. Dogtown and Z-Boys - NW
94. March of the Penguins - NW
93. Listen to Me Marlon - NW
92. Isle of Flowers - NW
91. The Missing Picture - NW
90. Jackass: The Movie - Is that a documentary? So game shows count as documentaries to? Still a funny little movie but nothing that is worth being in a top 100 documentaries of all time list.
89. Spellbound - NW
88. Histoire(s) du cinema - NW
87. Haxan - NW
86. Sicko - NW (and I don't want to touch this piece of political propaganda: it's Michael Moore and his cheap Bolshevik sensationalism was worthless in the other documentaries)
85. The Times of Harvey Milk - NW
84. J2ckass - See my comment on Jackass.
83. Salt of the Earth - NW
82. The House Is Black - NW
80. The Seven Five - NW
80. Salesman - NW
79. Dark Days - NW
78. Brother's Keeper - NW
77. Koyaanisqatsi - NW
76. Harlan County U.S.A. - NW
75. Burden of Dreams - NW
74. Catfish - NW
73. That's Entertainment! - NW
72. Indie Game: The Movie - NW
71. Little Dieter Needs to Fly - NW
70. Nanook of the North - NW
69. West of Memphis - Really boring, I found it the most boring documentary in the HoF about documentaries. Still, why it is the only one which has been placed here? It's really boring.
68. Woodstock - NW
67. For All Mankind - NW

I haven't watched almost any of these. Thing is that while I watched a fair share of documentaries I watched the ones about stuff that I find interesting (i.e. metal, Miyazaki, etc) not many of the ones that are "popular" among documentary buffs for their cinematic qualities.

(and I don't want to touch this piece of political propaganda: it's Michael Moore and his cheap Bolshevik sensationalism was worthless in the other documentaries)
I thought me and Sean disliked Moore

I hate to say so, given the hilarious Holocaust jokes making the rounds (Anne Frank, poor dead Jewish kid, am I right? Come on guys...), but the best documentary ever made is probably Claude Lanzmann's 1985 epic Shoah.

but the best documentary ever made is probably Claude Lanzmann's 1985 epic Shoah.
You are correct.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

If more people had watched The Fog of War and Hearts and Minds I'm certain they would be a lot higher on the list.

I had Hearts and Minds at #25.

If more people had watched The Fog of War and Hearts and Minds I'm certain they would be a lot higher on the list.

I had Hearts and Minds at #25.
I don't know documentaries well, but I thought Hearts and Minds was maybe going to be top 10.

I had Hearts And Minds at #11. A great documentary and something which, I'm sure, will resonate with people no matter how many years pass.

I've not seen Religulous. I'm never quite sure with Maher. He's rarely funny to me and I'm sure I'll agree with his pov, so the question is, can he do serious? One day I'll find out.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hearts and Minds was just on TCM yesterday. Watching it again was a disheartening experience - seeing so many powerful people in this country misrepresent the truth about the Vietnam War was sickening. Sarah was watching too, and the whole thing upset her. Religulous was interesting and funny but hardly an honest look on the complexity of religion. No votes from me.

I'm somewhat surprised Religulous made the list. It's not very good, although maybe I just say that because I don't like Bill Maher all that much. If someone I respected had done it, and done it right - maybe I would have liked it then.

I definitely want to see religulous, I'm not the biggest Bill Maher fan in the sense that he doesn't always use very good arguments and isn't as scrupulous as other atheist figures such as Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss or Sam Harris. I still think that I'd enjoy the documentary.