Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
actually Heat is one of the most weakest Mann's movie

The Insider
and Collateral are way better even Public Ennemies is better in my opinion.
Really you think so? I think Collateral is better and I haven't seen the others but I have heard that Public Enemies is bad.

Really you think so? I think Collateral is better and I haven't seen the others but I have heard that Public Enemies is bad.
I highly recommend you The Insider! it's awesome imo.

and for Public Ennemies you either Love it or you either hate it...

Malick is overrated in every definition of the word. One of the most pretentious and boring director of all-time.
Tree of Life is a very interesting film. I didn't like Knights of Cups, but I didn't absolutely hate it.

I highly recommend you The Insider! it's awesome imo.

and for Public Ennemies you either Love it or you either hate it...
Who's your favorite filmmaker?

99 Homes (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Unregistered User
It felt very arbitrary. "Let's give this story a happy ending because... reasons."

I much preferred the Mangold version. It had a lot more tension and a more satisfying resolution for me.
Understandable. Which version did you see first? I saw the original first so maybe thats why we have different views? With there being 50 years apart it would make sense to make the ending (and film as a whole) a lot grittier. Personally I got more tension and atmosphere from the original, not too mention I much preferred Ford to Crowe as Ben Wade.

In fairness I would probably need to see Mangold's version again as it has been a while.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Revenant

If this movie sucks, I'm coming back here and kicking the as* of anyone that gave it a positive rating.

That is. There's a cult around here that thinks Mann's lousiest movies are his best.
Lol so after the Lynch mob there is now a Mann cult... I like that.

Understandable. Which version did you see first? I saw the original first so maybe thats why we have different views? With there being 50 years apart it would make sense to make the ending (and film as a whole) a lot grittier. Personally I got more tension and atmosphere from the original, not too mention I much preferred Ford to Crowe as Ben Wade.

In fairness I would probably need to see Mangold's version again as it has been a while.
I saw Mangold's version first. I much preferred Crowe as Ben Wade, but then I am a Crowe fan so that was always going to be a biased opinion. I also was a bit blown away by Ben Foster as Charlie Prince. I'm not usually a big fan of westerns but I absolutely loved 3:10 to Yuma. I saw it in the theater three times. I think it was in my top ten at one point.

I went into the Delmer Daves version expecting to love it, too. I didn't hate it, it certainly had its moments, but those moments were overshadowed by that irritating ending.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
You think Malick is losing his ability to tell a story? I would disagree, I think he's losing the ability to tell a good story with the same formula he has been using since Tree of Life. Still think he is very capable of writing something good, he just needs to add more actual conversations in his films.
I didn't say that, it's something I think I remember mark saying (as it says in the original post)

Straight Outta Compton

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Naked Spur

by golly! I think i'm in the mood for a darn tootin' good western. Yeehaw!

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Adult World