Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Very uneven animation. Some of it is great while other elements of it fail almost disasterously, still it is pretty impressive and ambitious obscure animated film. I guess anybody who is into animation should watch it.

Dang, Rocket_Sam, how are you not going to finish Spy because it's got bad humour and then give Bad Boys a
? I mean, dang.

Well, first point, the movie was boring as f*ck. I'm not really a fan at all of Melissa McCarthy and throughout the beginning of the movie, the only "joke" I laughed at was when Law shoots the guy in the head by accident. However, the following moments right after that happens killed my smile. Melissa McCarthy is just plain BAD for me. Her jokes aren't funny not even worth a smile and Feig simply destroyed many great actors for me: Jude Law and Statham to name a few. The fight choreography was horrible and absolutely incredible...like in "not"-credible...I didn't...anyway. It's not by throwing a guy to the ground simply that his spine cracks, like really, What the F*ck? I found the restaurant scene extremely boring and with cheesy but CHEEEESYY dialog!! I hadn't watched that movie before, yet I could tell exactly what was going to happen since it is so PREDICTABLE. I didn't finish it, it's true. But I knew it was going to be bad for me and I would've ended up giving it less that 2 out of 5. Sincerely

The Hateful Eight (2015)

A great mystery-western done in grand style. Acting and dialogue is brilliant as you would expect from a Tarantino flick. As I expected, it started a little slow at first but then became increasingly bloody and outrageous til the end. My favorite performances were Kurt Russell and the guy who played the sheriff. I would say that this is probably my favorite post-90s Tarantino. The only gripe I have with it is that after watching it and now knowing everything that happened, I feel like I don't have a huge desire to re-watch it again. That's mainly because of how long and slow-paced it is, but that all may change once it comes out on video. It was a great first watch though!

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

Like I said before, I liked that they went bigger with The Purge 2, The story itself was surprisingly really good imo and was actually interesting. Though the first Purge "tried" to pay homage to Horror classics and tried to make it a horror scenario (I put tried in quotations because it didn't work from a horror aspect but the movie itself was interesting and had some thrills), the second Purge goes more action than anything which is a welcome change since these movies really call for the genre switch. Though they may have tried to keep it horror but it didn't work for me since none of the movie was necessarily "scary"

Daddy's Home (2015)

I am one of the few people who liked The Other Guys, so I was actually looking forward to this movie, though I wasn't expecting anything fantastic, but I was expecting to get a couple laughs and I did. The biggest problems I had with this movie was the blatant advertising for the Ford Flex, Angie's list, and The NBA, but other than that I didn't really have any other problems with the movie, a by the numbers comedy. Like seriously the beginning and end of the movie suck up to the Ford Flex so hard is it hard to miss...

Inside Out

I don't care how old I am, I will always watch an overrated Disney movie. I love the design of the characters and environments, the concept of the movie I find it pretty unique and how do you associate everything about the memory in the movie (like when the workers start erasing stuff of school for example). I really enjoy it and I loved to watch all the people's minds at the end.

Bus 657 (or Heist)

No really sure why this title was change for some countries I am in Australia and it is called Bus 657. Anyway when I saw the title I thought here we go another crappy B grade movie. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it even with the typical cliche heist movie things happening. Quite an ok cast having DeNiro and Bautista coming off some decent roles, there was a twist in the end that I didn't pick was refreshing.

3.5/5 Stars

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Formula - 5/10

It's important for me to note that the only reason I saw this was because Marlon Brando was in it, but even that wasn't enough - it took someone I admire more than Brando to talk about this movie. We only see so many movies, and how or why we choose is important. By watching this, another movie gets eliminated.

The movie's theme is great, and when talking about the world in philosophical terms is very fine, but the rest is garbage. Each character sets up the other, the interactions feel fake, the acting was really bad too. George C. Scott finishes everyone's thoughts like a cheesy detective movie. The twists are also very silly.

Lots of big-named actors to get people to watch it, and it works, which is the entire movie and repeated. That people are just customers.

Brando ad-libs a great line. Someone says "Won't the Arabs be mad if we raise the price of oil too much" and Brando replies

"We are the Arabs"

Finished here. It's been fun.

Carol

The most disappointing
rating I'll ever give, Carol is flawlessly filmed and acted,elegantly scored and coated in subtlety, but it's also somewhat cold and distant. There were moments of power, sure, there's no denying that, so it disappointed me to leave the theater feeling somewhat unaffected by the whole thing. There's stylistic and thematic inspiration taken from the films of Sirk and Ophuls, but Haynes has enough talent to distinguish himself from such filmmakers.

I might have to see it again.

Bus 657 (or Heist)

No really sure why this title was change for some countries I am in Australia and it is called Bus 657. Anyway when I saw the title I thought here we go another crappy B grade movie. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it even with the typical cliche heist movie things happening. Quite an ok cast having DeNiro and Bautista coming off some decent roles, there was a twist in the end that I didn't pick was refreshing.

3.5/5 Stars
Oh god that poster screams "Low Budget" so much, even if you didn't say it was I would of known....I know I shouldn't judge a movie off a poster, but jesus...

Hopefully De Niro isn't going down the same road as Nicholas Cage....

Welcome to the human race...
Well, first point, the movie was boring as f*ck. I'm not really a fan at all of Melissa McCarthy and throughout the beginning of the movie, the only "joke" I laughed at was when Law shoots the guy in the head by accident. However, the following moments right after that happens killed my smile. Melissa McCarthy is just plain BAD for me. Her jokes aren't funny not even worth a smile and Feig simply destroyed many great actors for me: Jude Law and Statham to name a few. The fight choreography was horrible and absolutely incredible...like in "not"-credible...I didn't...anyway. It's not by throwing a guy to the ground simply that his spine cracks, like really, What the F*ck? I found the restaurant scene extremely boring and with cheesy but CHEEEESYY dialog!! I hadn't watched that movie before, yet I could tell exactly what was going to happen since it is so PREDICTABLE. I didn't finish it, it's true. But I knew it was going to be bad for me and I would've ended up giving it less that 2 out of 5. Sincerely
I'll admit that the first third or so is underwhelming, but I persevered and there's some good stuff scattered throughout the film - enough for me to give the entire film a
(which, for the sake of comparison, is also the same rating I gave to both Bad Boys and Kingsman: The Secret Service, so...yeah). Then again, I believe in finishing a movie you start no matter what and don't see much point in rating anything I haven't seen in full.

Anyway...

Grease -

Oh, hell no.

The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)

I watched the first 20 minutes of this 4 times before I could get into it. I feel like I see something special in it, but it's not quite all the way there. Knowing a little of the story behind the film could very well be affecting me subconsciously, as I can't help wondering what could have been. It's shot beautifully, has fine performances, is charming, and has a certain magical quality, but it left me wanting more.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Totally agree with you, Cricket. I like The Magnificent Ambersons a bit more than you - I gave around a
(it is a great film). If the film was released in its complete, studio untouched cut then It would be an absolute masterpiece.

Concussion 2015-Will Smith, Alec Baldwin 9/10

Guys this movie was really good. Smith is another one of those actors that get snubbed because when they see him on screen all they think of is the fresh prince. It's a biographical drama about football players committing suicide at a young age, due to the severe head trauma they receive.

This film was produced by Ridley Scott and Smith was nominated for a Golden Globe. Worth the watch, please watch it.

-R

Oh god that poster screams "Low Budget" so much, even if you didn't say it was I would of known....I know I shouldn't judge a movie off a poster, but jesus...

Hopefully De Niro isn't going down the same road as Nicholas Cage....
Honestly I thought the same when I saw this poster, however it wasn't as bad as the poster depicts. De Niro isn't in the movie too much either.

Welcome to the human race...
American Ultra -

Ultimately mediocre, but the supermarket scene can easily go head-to-head with the church scene from Kingsman.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

Carol

The most disappointing
rating I'll ever give, Carol is flawlessly filmed and acted,elegantly scored and coated in subtlety, but it's also somewhat cold and distant. There were moments of power, sure, there's no denying that, so it disappointed me to leave the theater feeling somewhat unaffected by the whole thing. There's stylistic and thematic inspiration taken from the films of Sirk and Ophuls, but Haynes has enough talent to distinguish himself from such filmmakers.

I might have to see it again.
I've heard good things about Haynes staging and I love Ophuls and Sirk so I'm still looking forward to it in spite of your lukewarm review

I have to return some videotapes...
I've heard good things about Haynes staging and I love Ophuls and Sirk so I'm still looking forward to it in spite of your lukewarm review
I was as well looking forward to this movie and I'm afraid to say that this review is very spot on with the actual film. The problem I found is the storyline was not up to par with everybody else. It's still a brilliantly directed, shot, and acted film just the story impairs it so much.

Unregistered User

Slaughterhouse-5 (1972)

Loved the book but was always put off watching the film. Now that I have, it is better than I had anticipated but gets no favours from the lead character who's performance I thought painful at times.