Ok, gotta vent. Just saw Sean Penn on 60 minutes. Holy cow. First Tom Cruise with the whole Scientology thing, now this.

I was hoping for something substantial, but as it turned out for me, Penn made no sense. So now he's a self-described journalist? Journalism is a career. He knew an actress and thanks to his fame, set up a meeting. So now he's pooh-poohing an entire industry. (reminds me of that line from Glengarry Glen Ross, "Hey let me buy you a pack of gum, I'll show you how to chew it.")

Purpose? To enlighten people about US drug policy? Really?. To show this guy in a "human" perspective? C'mon. It seemed half-assed, and to me, just something to be cool, or maybe research a future role. Ego driven.

His demeanor was so very serious and intense though. I see this in Tom Cruise too. They prostitute their acting chops to deliver some pride-driven nonsense.

He probably means well, and I am a fan of his acting (he had me at Spicolli). But these guys should realize that being substantial is more than just striking a pose.

OK done.