Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Just saw this. No, they don't! V in german sounds life an F, W sounds like a V (in english). The letter V is called in fact "fau"!

Except, of course, when it comes after a Q. Like Quelle is read as KVELLE, while Vater is read as Fater!
There are some words but not all.

Oh wait, I said Germanic not necessarily German in particular. Old Norse is a Germanic language but it's not German!

And Vindauga is Window.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
You're not alone, I gave it a
in this review. Technically decent, but not enough substance to make it click for me.

Also, last movie I saw...

Mad Max: Fury Road -

Third time through, still good.
I just love reading stuff like this. Completely opposite of my stance, but great nonetheless.

the forest- 9/10. i like the rush of adrenaline i felt while seeing this movie, even though it was sort of sad at the end.

Van Wilder (2002)

Not as bad as I thought it would be, considering all the negative ratings and reviews. There were moments that made me chuckle, which doesn't really happen with a lot of these 'comedies'. Kal Penn really stands out in this film and is the source of most of the laughs, I found Ryan Reynolds to be a bit annoying and Tara Reid was really just there for show.

6/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Tall T

Simply brilliant, a near-perfect western.

IMO the strength of the Martian is that nobody actively dislikes it. I've heard people call it just okay, or emotionally empty, but I've never heard of somebody who outright hates it. For better or for worse, that's not something you can say about The Revenant or Mad Max, for example.

Care for some gopher?
Forrest Gump (Robert Zemeckis, 1994) -

Not the best movie ever made but THE movie i connet to most on an emotional level. Uncountable moments which get me every time.

Care for some gopher?
Mon oncle (Jacques Tati, 1958) -
+

A fairly entertaining movie. Could've been a bit shorter, though.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
IMO the strength of the Martian is that nobody actively dislikes it. I've heard people call it just okay, or emotionally empty, but I've never heard of somebody who outright hates it. For better or for worse, that's not something you can say about The Revenant or Mad Max, for example.
That's a strength? Following that point of view it's a better movie than 2001: A Space Odissey.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
+

It's my least favorite of Tati's movies

That's a strength? Following that point of view it's a better movie than 2001: A Space Odissey.
Yeah, you're point being?

Care for some gopher?
+

It's my least favorite of Tati's movies
That sounds promising.

I have to return some videotapes...
I watched 13 Hours yesterday. I just want to let people know that it was a mistake. I don't feel like I have to say much more other than just... stay home... please just stay home.