I'll judge your taste in movies

Tools    

Yandere (ヤンデレ) is a Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone (or at least innocent) before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence and/or brutality.
I don't like this Japanese thing of trying to give a name to every "type" of person. Each person is a very particular individual, so each person is just that: I am just Guaporense. I guess it fits the Japanese collectivistic mentality to group people together with labels.

You like movies that are convoluted, like solving a puzzle.

I went through one of those shrubbery puzzles once, $10 at a renaissance fair.. I didn't make a single wrong turn. It was a boring experience, like going for a walk. Bad like the Godfather and your taste in film.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	fee67b7a030a6e78084fe84fdf37655b.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	23687  

Derek Vinyard --

You have a deep need to belong somewhere (American History X).
But if they do you wrong, you'll cut ties with them.

You have a fixation with loud, violent, crazy men -- Whiplash, The Shining, even American History X again. This is your ideal personality for yourself. One day, you, too, will be loud and violent-like. You probably had an angry father.

You are on a mission (V for Vendetta, Jaws) to get what you want in life. You'll stop at nothing. There are no restrictions.

You are a goofball (A Clockwork Orange) and the leader of the pack. You love intensity.

I haven't seen Requiem for a Dream, but it says it's about people wanting to connect. That's what you do. That's you being a part of something, a group, to connect with others. Movie Forums is probably such a group with you.

The Raid 2 .... like me, you don't mind listing a sequel as one of your favorite films. Independent spirit. The first movie is the parental figure, the sequels are the children. Hmmm, it's about someone at risk after fighting off bad guys. American History X was also about Derek at risk after leaving his Nazi club.

Sinister... family deaths. Supernatural horror. The evil figure. Kidnapping a child. I Saw the Devil... a secret agent... hunting down a killer.... a game of cat and mouse. At your core, you have a dark side. A fascination with exploring the more twisted things in life. You hunt the dark and see yourself in it, but you would never truly belong with it. It's in your heart, but you turn your back on it. You study it. You acknowledge it. You are in some way in league with it. But you're not devoted to it. It's too risky. And you are too independent to fully join with the bad guys.
hahahah awesome SC !!!

You like movies that are convoluted, like solving a puzzle.

I went through one of those shrubbery puzzles once, $10 at a renaissance fair.. I didn't make a single wrong turn. It was a boring experience, like going for a walk. Bad like the Godfather and your taste in film.
The Shining 2.0 ?

That's somewhat accurate, but not totally accurate. I'm not a violent person, but I am the type of person who can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. I forgive, but I don't forget.
Unlike me.. I rarely forgive and I dont ever forget!

MovieGal, explain why I was wrong.
because my view on almost every film is from an acceptance, religion or psychological view...

some of the films you never seen... Valhalla Rising, Sauna, Adams Apples, The Priest of Evil and The Wicker Man all deal with religion both paganism and christianity... this is what drew me to the films.... even The Physician touched on religion...

Beauty and the Beast.. the story is about acceptance... as is Adams Apples..

Salo, A Clockwork Orange, and a few of the others.. deal with the psychological views of the mind...

These are things I am interested in... I will analyze every film I watch for something that has to do with these topics because they are interesting to me...

It has nothing to do with men.... unless you are referring to "Humans" as "Man".. then maybe yes...

Thank you! New to the site, loving you guys already!

-R
I love it too. Is the guy in your avatar Jamuel?

because my view on almost every film is from an acceptance, religion or psychological view...

some of the films you never seen... Valhalla Rising, Sauna, Adams Apples, The Priest of Evil and The Wicker Man all deal with religion both paganism and christianity... this is what drew me to the films.... even The Physician touched on religion...

Beauty and the Beast.. the story is about acceptance... as is Adams Apples..

Salo, A Clockwork Orange, and a few of the others.. deal with the psychological views of the mind...

These are things I am interested in... I will analyze every film I watch for something that has to do with these topics because they are interesting to me...

It has nothing to do with men.... unless you are referring to "Humans" as "Man".. then maybe yes...
I prefer Sexy's version.

I prefer Sexy's version.
Sorry... but unless "Humans" are his "Men" and "Beast".. then perhaps.. but the male species is not what its about....

Sorry... but unless "Humans" are his "Men" and "Beast".. then perhaps.. but the male species is not what its about....
Well, actually, at the end, when I said you like to study the beast known as man... I was thinking about men and women. And you did just say that you watch movies to analyze psychological topics that interest you.

Well, actually, at the end, when I said you like to study the beast known as man... I was thinking about men and women. And you did just say that you watch movies to analyze psychological topics that interest you.
You made it sound like that everything was "the male species" and Humans overall... are the cruelest animals alive on this planet...

To you, I thought that man -- particularly men -- were beastial. It doesn't mean just cruel, but it can include it.

To you, I thought that man -- particularly men -- were beastial. It doesn't mean just cruel, but it can include it.
see you are saying the male species... I dont hate men.. you make it sound like I do!

see you are saying the male species... I dont hate men.. you make it sound like I do!
I'm not saying you hate them. Just that they're beastial. You probably really love them. Why else do you like two "Beauty and the Beast" movies? They're romances.