Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

yup made for all the groupie whores

err umm i mean fanboys. fanboys.
i have no desire to see it unless it's a button click away with zero inconvenience. then i'll check it out.

An update of the movies I have introduced to my lady.

I like this movie. I don't love it, I like it. It is very good, but I prefer other Kubrick flicks more. That being said, my girlfriend liked it quiet a bit. It was easy for her to follow the dialogue with her ability to speak Russian, so she got a lot of the slang used in the flick. She was also thankful it was not as violent as she was led to believe. She said it was not as needlessly excessive like, and I quote her here, "a Tarantino movie."

One of my top 10 favorite films ever. She liked it too. She said it was one of the most intense movies she has ever seen.

I have to return some videotapes.

Right when I get to the theater I find out Hateful Eight is sold out and there is only like 5 seats available for this. Probably not worth the 12 bucks it takes to get in, but it was still kind of funny. The plot just isn't there and the characters make no sense, but there were some memorable lines.

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

A dumbfounding fever dream with Carpenter at his most bizarre. Definitely not the typical action vehicle I was expecting. The 1980s were a helluva time.

http://boxd.it/81qmB

The fact that this would be sleazy and exploitative was a given. But they did a damn good job writing the script. This is a damn good who dunnit murder mystery that will keep ya guessing until the very end. And even when you think you know who did it, you will be floored as to the true motivation for why the murders were done. All the while you have plenty of false leads, creative murders, and oh yeah boobies drenched in the neon lights.

This ranks up as one of my favorite exploitation flicks up there with Vice Squad and Thriller: They Call Her One Eye.

The Lobster (2015)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Care for some gopher?
Harvey (Henry Koster, 1950) -
+

Entertaining and heartwarming. James Stewart is becoming one of my favourite actors.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

An examination of the cold blooded mind, John McNaughton paints a psychopath in league with Travis Bickle. While it is easy to demonize a character, it is hard to strike a balance as to retain empathy for him despite his gruesome behavior. This picture is not simply about a string of violent acts, but the flickering light of humanity being extinguished inside of the person committing them. It's heartbreaking.

http://boxd.it/81w8v

Unregistered User
Weekend (1967) -
++
Ilo Ilo (2013) -
+
That touch of Mink (1962) -

House at the End of the Street (2012) -

The Crying Game (1992) -

Play (2011) -

Beyond The Hills (2012) -
+
The Devil's Double (2011) -

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) -
+
Chappie (2015) -

Pillow Talk (1959) -

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Phoenix (2014)

A disfigured woman looks for her husband in postwar Berlin.

I discovered Nina Hoss in Homeland, and found her odd angst very compelling. There's plenty of that to go around in this one. I can only best describe this as an intimate noir mystery. A fantastic one at that. Really stays with you. Superb ending. 4.5 postwar rubble bricks out of 5 for this one. See it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thunderbolt and Lightning - 7/10

Fun and funny. I liked the chemistry between Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges. George Kennedy and Geoffrey Lewis are also in this, with a cameo appearance by Gary Busey. Kind of a road/heist movie. Michael Cimino's first movie.

Pixels 5/10
Has a great nostalgic rating good to watch with kids but pretty predictable

Captain America : The First Avenger
Joe Johnston
Nothing particularly interesting about this one. Simple and recycled storyline, average actors, but a pretty cool ending. An entertaining watch because of the special effects and the action, but nothing really exciting other than that.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

(several REWATCH) Robin and Marian (1976)
caught this right at the VERY beginning on TMC last night -- friggin YAY!! my one-pointer from the 70's list.
Its 20 yrs later, Robin Hood has returned from the Crusades to find Marian is a nun and the Sheriff (Robert Shaw) is still running the show.
The show-stealer is Richard Harris who plays King Richard in the opening act of this. Brilliant, brilliant movie.

The Loft
five married men buy a loft to fool around in and -- oh, my, really?? Sh@t goes horribly, horribly wrong.
Premise was predictable but the who-dunnit was fun to guess at. Didn't expect the ending and everyone did rather well. Liked it more than I thought I would.