Television Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Excellent stuff.

It's really well done so far, but I haven't seen all the available material as of yet. Definitely worth a watch.

I quite liked the look/sound of it, but I thought it was some kind of alternate reality/world thing. Then I saw something and it made it look as if the US didn't know the war was won and was being run as an Axis state, which came over to me as just stoopid.

What's The Man In The High Castle like, Seds?
A few big WW2 buffs on another site were talking about it and said it was crap and a wasted opportunity, and yeah one of them said it was very stupid. Who knows though.

Weeds. Finally finished it. I binge-watched the first few seasons, then came to really dislike the show, the characters, and everything about it. I only finished it because at a half hour it was convenient to watch while riding the exercise machine. (I still should have found something else!)

The Man in the High Castle. Three episodes in and it's pretty darn good. If you know Phillip K. Dick, you know where the movies are coming from, but that's just a plot device anyway. I had one minor quibble about episode 3, which is that the Marshall comes across like a Stephen King bad guy, and it didn't seem to fit the show, but that's all.

I really liked the first season of Weeds but quickly got bored of it think i made it to the second episode of Season Three. I heard it got really bad in the last few Seasons.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I really liked the first season of Weeds but quickly got bored of it think i made it to the second episode of Season Three. I heard it got really bad in the last few Seasons.
Jail time, moves to like 4 different states, dumb plot twists, bad hair cuts. A trainwreck, it's a good thing Mary Louise Parker was damn cute.

Weeds got stupid after Agrestic burned to the ground.

HK - did you see that The Detectorists has a Christmas ep on Wed this week?

Also this looks like it would stir up some happy memories for us UK people of a certain age - From Andy Pandy to Zebedee The Golden Age of Childrens Television - tomorrow BBC4 9pm

Thanks, Christine.

They had the Christmas episode of The Good Life today. I never tire of this. I love The Good Life and this is one of my favourite episodes.

The Larry Sanders Show - Watched the first few episodes, loving it so far. especially Jeffrey Tambor as always. He always has this great side plot, particularly his fan club "Hanks for the memories" . Also the end shot in the spiders episode with the spider on Hanks head with him just too terrified to move cracked me up. I think so far the David Spade episode was the best but i related to Larry and his fear of spiders so much there that it is a close call. The moment he lifts his bed sheet up and nearly has a heart attack because he thinks a sock is a spider just killed me, i'm ashamed to say the same basic thing has happened to me before when spiders were on my mind like Larry here. Looking forward to checking more out.

Mr.Robot - Watched the first five episodes and thought they were fantastic, but i reallly don't have much else too say at this point. In the shoutbox Iro said he has been taking his time with this i think he has the right idea, watched the first five in the same night think i'm a bit burnt out on it; will wait a few days before checking out more. Wouldn't say it is that complex, but it is definitely dark, weird and at times pretty intense which makes it a bit difficult to watch too much at once for me at least. It mostly reminds me of Dexter probably just because of the dark tones and the voiceover, it is only really missing the comedy so far.

I'm not surprised to see you're enjoying The Larry Sanders Show, Camo. Considering your love of Seinfeld.
Yeah i guess they are a bit similar, and Gary Shandling reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld mostly the hair and voice.

HK - did you see that The Detectorists has a Christmas ep on Wed this week?
It's been a while, but I really liked this episode. A traditional Christmas ghost story, Detectorists style. Good work and thoroughly enjoyable.

I thought And Then There Were None was really good, too. Good performances all around, though Maeve Dermody and Burn Gorman particularly impressed me. I wasn't aware of Demody (though looking through her work I have seen her once or twice) but Gorman is someone I almost always like. He's a cracking actor and does that kind of slightly snivelling/over compensating character so well.

Yes we enjoyed And Then There Were None too. It's interesting to see Agatha Christie's work done darker like that .
The Detectorists was excellent as always.
I forget whether you were a fan or not HK, but did you watch Sherlock last night? I've saved it for tonight.

No, I'm not a fan of Sherlock. Not really because I dislike it, but just because I don't watch it. I don't know what the writing is like, but the one episode I saw wasn't very good, IMO (it was the second episode of the first series) and it felt/sounded like someone had written Sherlock in the same manner as Doctor Who, which I found annoying.

As is the tradition over here, World Strongest Man was on for the week after Christmas and, as usual, I enjoyed that, too. Not the same as when it was on the Beeb, but that's to be expected and I'm pretty used to this now. Sadly. A good competition this year, though.