Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

I remember when the Xbox 360 first came out. Some people lined up overnight at my grocery store because we had an electronics department. I worked overnight, so as soon as I was off I pretended to be a customer who got there before them. And when they told me they were waiting all night and asked how long I was waiting and how I got in, I said I just got there and came in the other door. They were so pissed it was hilarious. But we didn't have any anyway. I just wanted to troll them.

But seriously lining up that long for a movie is the dumbest thing. I would not suffer that much just because I couldn't wait for something that I wanted.

People lived outside the theater for MONTHS?

Yes

I can understand being in line right now. Crazy, but I can believe it. And I did just read a story about a guy who waited many months for the prequels. But that seems like it should be extremely, extremely rare.
For major theaters in big popular locations it's commonplace.

Just a guess, but:

WARNING: "The Force Awakens" spoilers below
I definitely think Rey (Daisy Ridley) is related to ... probably Kylo Ren.

In the TV spot that JRS just posted, it begins with Rey saying, "I know all about waiting... for my family." Then suddenly those fighter plane things that belong to the evil guys appear in the sky, coming for her.

I think the secret message is -- Here comes her family, finally. Her family's with the Dark Side.
Yeah, this has been speculated for a long time. I'd be more shocked if they weren't.

Apparently some people were complaining it was "racist" against whites.

While PC is a thing I'd say this is a stupid gripe in this case - I mean Lando was a black guy, and considering that Star Wars is a Sci-Fi film with completely different [/i]species[/i] (Yoda, Chewy, Ewoks, etc) it's pretty absurd to say that including a black guy in a main role is "promoting diversity". There was nothing "white" about Star Wars to begin with.

Not a big Star Wars guy but sorta been sucked into the marketing of this thing. I'll see it eventually just not sure if i'll go to the movies to see it. But I've been watching a bunch of interviews of the cast and Harrison Ford is kind of an *******. There is sort of a charming way to come off as an ******* but he just comes of jaded by all the movie business to me. Don't know just my opinion.

Also Boyega gets asked about being black in the movie every interview. That has to get old quick. He handles it pretty well, he is a star. Charisma oozes out of him. Be interesting to see where his career goes from here. I know RDJ is mentoring him.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I've been watching the saga since last week. Tomorrow I watch Return Of The Jedi, and then wait 4 days for The Force Awakens. Its going to be a very rare but exciting experience. I've done well to avoid spoilers. I wouldn't say that I've been spoiled so far, at least not yet.

This a list of all the trailers that we'll see with the movie in case one is curious....
  • Independence Day: Resurgence (trailer that was released today)
  • The Jungle Book
  • Exclusive 30-second IMAX teaser for Deadpool
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (newest trailer)
  • Captain America: Civil War (just recently released first trailer)
  • Warcraft

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Boom! Ticket bought for midnight Wednesday, just shy of 57 hours and I'll be sat watching it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Does anyone know when the critics get their first viewing? Like when will scores start appearing or do they have to wait like the rest of us?

Some people say it's a bad sign when a movie doesn't allow critics an early viewing but in this case I think it's understandable.