Is it wrong to sleep with someone you won't want to have a kid with?

Tools    

What's your opinion on this - I'm thinking yes.

This seems to be a consistent underlying principle that separates the prudes (ex. "all non-procreative sex is a SIN!") from the hedonists who sleep with anything that walks (condom optional).

What's your opinion on this - I'm thinking yes.

This seems to be a consistent underlying principle that separates the prudes (ex. "all non-procreative sex is a SIN!") from the hedonists who sleep with anything that walks (condom optional).
Why would it be wrong?

Because unplanned pregnancies happen even in the age of birth control and condoms.

So if a dude picks up a woman, takes her home and ****s her brains out, and then never sees her again - then for all he know she may have gotten pregnant.

And the kid may grow up never knowing his father, and end up being raised on welfare at the expense of the taxpayers. So you just ended up being a net economic drain on everyone else just to satisfy your horniness, and contributed to the problem of children not having father figures in their lives.

So it's wrong for people who don't want kids to have sex?

That sounds pretty dumb to me.
Big difference in what you said and what I said.

If you're in a financial position to have a kid and have vetted the lady in question enough to know you'd be able to handle it in the event it happened then that's responsible.

If you pick up some chick at a bar who you never know, **** her and then never see her again - then what if she did end up making a kid who'll have no dad in his life?

What if she's actually a crack-head who ends up raising your kid with some abusive drug dealer boyfriend; or what if she has a late-term abortion and ends up murdering the offspring you created?

I mean everytime you put your penis in a vagina you're taking a risk that can affect another innocent person, which is one of the problems with modern day "hook up culture" that transcends religious prudery.

Nurse! He's out of bed again!
It's almost dawn now, I'd better get back in my coffin.

Guess there wasn't enough clarity from the title - think about it this way.

Let's see a guy see some crack head whore at a club on a bat part of town and decides to bang her just because he thinks she's an "easy score".

But the guy knows that if he ends up getting her pregnant then it will be harmful for the kid. So he's sleeping with her knowing there's a chance of it happening even though getting her knocked up would be a bad thing due to the circumstances involved?

Is that a bad thing to do? I'm leaning toward thinking so - not to mention self-depreciating. Having sex with a woman who's "easy" is basically stamping "desperate" on your forehead - where's the challenge in it?

In that case then yeah, it's a bad thing.
A ex friend of mine, a total dingbat, is exactly like that and now he has about 30 kids with 30 different women. No joke.

In that case then yeah, it's a bad thing.
A ex friend of mine, a total dingbat, is exactly like that and now he has about 30 kids with 30 different women. No joke.
That's nothing, what about the other 60 kids those women already have with 40 different fathers.

Yep, exactly.

In those circumstances it is a bad thing.

But if you're asking "is it wrong to have sex when you don't want kids" then no, it's not a bad thing. Only Humans and a handful of other mammals have sex for fun.
I think there's a type of Baboon and Dolphins are the only other creatures that do that.

It's wrong to do anything if you're not going to take responsibility for any associated risks.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yesnoyesnoyesno.....

Because unplanned pregnancies happen even in the age of birth control and condoms.

So if a dude picks up a woman, takes her home and ****s her brains out, and then never sees her again - then for all he know she may have gotten pregnant.

And the kid may grow up never knowing his father, and end up being raised on welfare at the expense of the taxpayers. So you just ended up being a net economic drain on everyone else just to satisfy your horniness, and contributed to the problem of children not having father figures in their lives.
I was looking at it from the point of view of sensible, consenting adults who use contraception.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't know anyone who respects a deadbeat of any kind... Another reason I'm pro-abortion, pro-contraceptives, etc...

It will be a great and rich day when birth control for men are around...

What about a woman who lies, says she's on birth control, but just wants to get pregnant? I know someone who did it to some guy. If I was a judge, I'd lay all the responsibility on her and any help from the father would be voluntary.

Let's see a guy see some crack head whore at a club on a bat part of town and decides to bang her just because he thinks she's an "easy score".

But the guy knows that if he ends up getting her pregnant then it will be harmful for the kid. So he's sleeping with her knowing there's a chance of it happening even though getting her knocked up would be a bad thing due to the circumstances involved?

Is that a bad thing to do? I'm leaning toward thinking so - not to mention self-depreciating. Having sex with a woman who's "easy" is basically stamping "desperate" on your forehead - where's the challenge in it?
the way you write about women makes me feel sick

the way you write about women makes me feel sick
It's my satirical style of writing, if you take it seriously and get offended then I apologize.

Fact is that a lot of them don't respect themselves, which is why I dislike the guys I've known who "sleep with anything" that's willing - I prefer to be more selective.

I mean if a woman's banging a guy who's only sleeping with her because he thinks she's "easy", not caring if he's using protection or not, I don't see why she needs respect anymore than the idiot who got her pregnant. People like that are causing a lot of harm in today's world with unplanned pregnancies and children w/o fathers putting a strain on the welfare system.

Big difference in what you said and what I said.
Is it? God help me I'm going to try to explain a simple logical concept to 90sace. I know this won't work but what the hell, I'll do it anyway.

Suppose a guy never wants to have kids.
THEREFORE - Every woman is a woman he doesn't want to have a kid with. And now we're back to my original statement, having no logical difference between what I said and what you said.

Yeah I'm sure this went right over your head anyway but whatever. I'm out.

Is it? God help me I'm going to try to explain a simple logical concept to 90sace. I know this won't work but what the hell, I'll do it anyway.

Suppose a guy never wants to have kids.
THEREFORE - Every woman is a woman he doesn't want to have a kid with.
Bro, you misquoted me. What I meant in which it would be a bad thing if he did end up having a kid by mistake.

Such as if he knows the woman in question has mental issues, or isn't responsible enough to be a mother - in which case if he sleeps with her it will be a bad result for the kid if she gets pregnant.

I wasn't talking about simply deciding "not" to have kids, I was talking about doing the deed with someone who he knows would be a bad mother.

And now we're back to my original statement, having no logical difference between what I said and what you said.
It is, you just distorted what I said; if you read the opening posts it should've been pretty clear, since i straight up mentioned "prudes" who think that all non-procreative sex is wrong, which wasn't what I was getting at at all.