Battle Royale 2

Tools    

Legend has it the infamous terrorist and ex-program student Nanahara Shuya is to be hunted down and destroyed by paired up program "volunteers" in this sequel...has anyone actually seen footage of this film? And when it's released over here in May is it going to be in every cinema? Or a minority?

Depends where you're from - it'll NEVER be released in America, I can tell you that. It'll most definitely be only a minority, but if you happen to live in a major city with important cinemas (i.e. London, etc), then you'll be able to see it. Anyway, this sequel is actually not much at all like the first, as it's more of a war movie than the original was.
WARNING: "Battle Royale II" spoilers below
The first 40 minutes or so after the pairs of students (yes, they are paired up) are dumped on Wild Seven's island stronghold is more like Saving Private Ryan than Battle Royale. Wild Seven are Nanahara Shuya's terrorist organisation, who have declared war on the adults, which prompts the adults to send in this squadron of necklace-armed students to take them down. The reasons why this won't be released in the USA include the destruction of Japan's "Twin Towers" government buildings in the opening scene, and the constant talk of "this country" that "bombed Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea and many others".

If you just can't wait, though, it's for sale on Region 3 for £6.99 on CD wow right now.

Sparky xXx

Seriously hope that its released in England. Think it won't outdo the original though, characters such as Shinji, Kawada and of course, Kiriyama can't be replaced so easily.Though it should provide a provokative movie!!!

Hi
Sorry to hurt your anticipation but I have the DVD and it was really disappointing. My grade is a C at best. Premise isn't as good as the original. The film's message was completely skewed and ended up being aimed at war and terrorism. There wasn't much character involvment either, you didn't care about the kids as much and the only characters worth following were shuya and kitano's daughter. Anyway, since you're a fan of the first, I guess you should still pick it up. It can be found on ebay or hkflix.com or any other asian dvd site.

Originally Posted by Tuna
Sorry to hurt your anticipation but I have the DVD and it was really disappointing. My grade is a C at best. Premise isn't as good as the original. The film's message was completely skewed and ended up being aimed at war and terrorism. There wasn't much character involvment either, you didn't care about the kids as much and the only characters worth following were shuya and kitano's daughter. Anyway, since you're a fan of the first, I guess you should still pick it up. It can be found on ebay or hkflix.com or any other asian dvd site.

I have {B]both[/b] of the BR films and BR2 is a great film. "If" you are one of the people who did like the first one, and followed the story and its characters, you will then understand and enjoy this movie. Those are my true feelings towards BR 2.