Austin Powers 4: "For Your Thighs Only"?

Tools    

Once again the search yielded nothing on the subject of another powers movie, other than a few tidbits. Why not create a place to start throwing everything together?
Ive read on several sites, (none of them to incredibly credible,) that Elizibeth Hurley, Heather Grahm, and Beyoncé will all return for this final mission. That would be fun, but im sure it would skyrocket production costs.
Any other thoughts?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Sing along to Austin Powers The Musical
Dec 12, 2011

Forget Austin Powers 4, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Mike Myers and Warner Bros. Theatre Ventures are developing a musical version of the film franchise. Casey Nicholaw will be directing the stage production with Mike Myers writing the story, but won’t be acting in the production. The story will be a prequel to teh films, and will tell how Austin Powers got his mojo. This really shouldn’t be anything new to fans as the films themselves featured muscial numbers in the opening of each one.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Update on Austin Powers 4
Dec 12, 2011

Austin Powers 4 has been rumored for a few years now, but it wasn’t until August word got around that Mike Myers was making the film. A source has told the New York Post that Myers will be writting, produce, and star in the film. However, it’s unknown when the film will be getting around to filming. “The deal is in place, and Mike is currently writing the new ‘Austin Powers’ film. But no date has yet been set to start filming. It is not yet clear if this will be a 2013 or 2014 release,” the source said. Hopefully, they don’t rush the film, and give a quality sequel.

You sir, are a London silly nanny.

I say make 10 more Mike.

Semper Fooey
In this one a drunk Robert Wagner will confuse Elizabeth Hurley with Natalie Wood and throw her in the ocean.

Boldly going.
Wow, it's been a while for this thread, but I'm a big Austin Powers fan and I'd love to see Mike Myers reprise his role as the swingin' international man of mystery.

Austin Powers 4 is officially in the works. I read that Myers decided that it will come out either 2016 or 2017.

I think "For Your Thighs Only" is a great title. Here are some others:
"Austin Pussy"
"Thunderballs"
"Dr. Yeah, Baby"
"Austin is Forever"
"Live and Let's Shag"
"Moonshagger"

Here's an idea: What if Powers traveled back in time to the '80s this time? What if he met Wayne and appeared on Wayne's World? With all the interest lately in retro '80s, particularly in the music industry, I think this could work well.

I've heard about a fourth film for almost a decade. If this is at all true that it will be made, I am curious. The previous ones made me laugh so most likely I will see this. Though, I am interested in seeing other films first in that time span of its 'release'.

A little update on a possible 4th Austin Powers movie

http://moviehole.net/austin-powers-4...ming-together/

So, there's still hope, and I really believe Mike Myers is working on it and it will become a reality soon.

I've always been an Austin Powers fan so I'm hoping it materializes.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

We've gone on holiday by mistake
14 year old thread

AP 1 was really great but the other 2 majorly sucked.

I hope its being done. I miss AP. Not sure if the "climate" will welcome the sexual "innuendo" since many have become hilariously ..."guarded"..but we'll see.
I'm sure the new film will take a jab at the new culture we live in, and will definitely have a strong female lead.

Welcome to the human race...
Considering how a major part of the humour of Austin Powers is that he's a remnant from a bygone era where we're meant to laugh at how much of a clown he is by modern standards, I question where exactly said jab at new culture will come from - if it does come at all. Maybe something where the villains are some traditionalist types who think that they can make Austin their ally by appealing to his nostalgia.

I think that aspect of the humor faded as the series went on (which might be why it got steadily less funny). And most of the time-related gags were just about his simple ignorance of facts, as I recall, as opposed to mocking old norms or presenting him as someone with a now-reprehensible philosophy. He thinks communism won and doesn't realize STDs are a thing, but both are just things he hasn't heard, as opposed to core notions he needs to be disabused of.

I think they had a pretty good handle on the balance they needed to strike: he needed to be silly and ignorant, but still likable by modern standards. They even have a scene in the first film where Hurley's character wants to sleep with him and he says something like "you're drunk, darling, it's not right."

Welcome to the human race...
Pretty much, yeah. Even so, I think that's what makes bringing him back such a tricky proposition - the James Bond writers have talked about how much trouble they have trying to write a new movie in the wake of Brexit and Trump that it only makes sense that a blatant Bond parody like Austin would face similar difficulties. This is all assuming they actually try going in that direction instead of just another empty sequel where the thematic conflict revolves around Austin dealing with a personal flaw like daddy issues or "losing his mojo".