Who is the last actor to blow you away with their performance?

Tools    

This. Although I only find the film partly successful, Hardy is astounding and goes through a great variety of emotions, all commanding the screen effortlessly. His voice is completely compelling in creating a character who you believe and empathize with although you feel he's too smart to be in the situation he is. The movie may be too small and gimmicky to get Academy recognition, but Hardy easily deserves a Best Actor nod as of now.
One of the best movie i've seen recently in all aspects silent and calm atmosphere but so captivating ... Very great character study

Tom Hardy was really good in Locke, but the film itself is also quite effective, in that it shows the inner struggles of Hardy's character really well, and at the same time it allows the viewer to "travel" to three different places, even if the camera never leaves the car

You beat me to it, BlueLion! Hardy is amazing in Locke. What a beautifully shot movie, too. Joaquin Phoenix has had a great couple of years and I would have to lump his performances in The Master and Her in this category too. Philip Seymour Hoffman in Magnolia along with Tom Cruise. Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love. Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood. Paul Dano was pretty damn impressive there too.

Oh i have seen King of Comedy its one of my favorite Scorsese pictures. Rupert Pubkin(i think thats his name) is one of De niros finest acting achievements i believe. and i completely 100 percent about Norton in AMX . he's just fantastic in that film, plays the character with a certain sympathy but also such pain and resentment. beautiful work. im really pulling for norton to bag the best supporting oscar in birdman this year. looks like it could be great.
The character's last name is Pupkin.

Steve Zahn and Paul Walker in Joy Ride they are awesome together !

R.I.P Walker ...
Love, love, love, love Steve Zahn...wonderful actor always worth watching...Sahara would have been intolerable without him.

You beat me to it, BlueLion! Hardy is amazing in Locke. What a beautifully shot movie, too. Joaquin Phoenix has had a great couple of years and I would have to lump his performances in The Master and Her in this category too. Philip Seymour Hoffman in Magnolia along with Tom Cruise. Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love. Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood. Paul Dano was pretty damn impressive there too.
Hardy blew me away in The Dark Knight Rises and I also agree regarding Sandler in Punch Drunk Love. I was also recently blown away by the performances of Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto in Dallas Buyers Club.

Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight

Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook

Tom Cruise & Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder

I've seen many great performances but these 4 I couldn't stop thinking about after I watched the movie. When I first watched Tropic Thunder in the theaters when I was like 13 I seriously didn't even know/realize that was Tom Cruise that's how good the character and make up were.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Maggie Cheung - In the Mood For Love

Probably the best performance I've ever seen, I watched this film months ago and I still can't stop thinking about it sometimes. Captivating, subtle, yet so sublime and powerful too it's such a shame and loss that she decided to retire from acting

McConaughey in Dallas Buyer's Club comes to mind. I just kept saying to myself he is really killing this while I watched it the first time lol.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Ellie Lambeti in A girl in black (To koritsi me ta mavra, 1956). I didn't know the actress so it took me by complete surprise; she delivers a wonderful melodramatic role. A damn great movie by the way, totally recommended.

I should also mention Sofia Helin in The Bridge – in all three series so far.

Tom Hardy in Locke. I saw it for the first time a few Days ago and the Movie really relies on his acting, which is absolutely incredible.

Benicio is always good, but I was very impressed with Josh Hutcherson. Really good.

Casey Affleck in Manchester by the Sea.

But last night, I thought about Tom Wilkinson. I remember being blown away by him (and Sissy Spacek) in In the Bedroom. (slightly off topic, but if I don't say it right now, it may slip my mind later)

Al pacino in Heat and scent of a woman