"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

We can talk about the next tournament idea why we wait. How about a Christmas/Chanukah/Holiday Season song tournament? I'm sure we can find songs to fit into that from rock to metal to rap to country to old school.

I like the idea of Christmas. It's been done before, but it can be done again. I'm not running it, though. I'll turn "12 Days of Christmas" into two hours.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Spaulding will not show. Nostromo and Gatsby only sometimes show. "Penny Lane" is in the lead. If Christine nominated it, it's her first time winning. Let's just get the show over with.

We'll compromise. I have to leave very early tomorrow morning, and I may not have time to post the winner before I leave, so I will post the winner before I go to sleep tonight. That will give them a few hours to vote.

ROUND 7 - THE FINALS

The Beatles - Penny Lane

vs.

Madness - Our House

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We'll compromise. I have to leave very early tomorrow morning, and I may not have time to post the winner before I leave, so I will post the winner before I go to sleep tonight. That will give them a few hours to vote.

I stated earlier that I would post the winner before I went to sleep, but we have a tie right now, and according to the "Who's Online" box on the main page there's nobody online right now, so I asked Hubby to break the tie. I'll post the winner after he votes.

My vote is for The Beatles - Penny Lane

I said the reason I nominated "Our House" by Madness was because the song reminded me of Movie Forums. How we all "live" here in sort of a crazy house -- full of madness -- our house here has a crowd -- there's always something happening and it's usually quite loud. Something tells you that you've got to get away from it.

What I didn't reveal is that I had ANOTHER reason for why I nominated it...........

I thought it would be the only song I'd nominate that stood a CHANCE of WINNING THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Well, it didn't win the tournament, but it came DAMN CLOSE.

"PENNY LANE" is a very good song, so congratulations to that, but it should have been my MADNESS because The Beatles have won already before.

And people just voted for The Beatles because Beatles.

Also, I like to win competitions. That's a very personal, revealing aspect about my character, my personality, my life. Cyber-bully me.

Thank you for running the tournament, GBGOODIES.

And thank you for coming back to finish it after you had a meltdown.

Still the BEST tournament hostess, after me.

Boy am I pissed at Janet Jackson. That bitch keeps deleting "Control" and all of her other songs off Youtube because of copyright claims.

It's like, lady.... I don't wanna use the official video off your JanetJacksonVEVO because the "Control" music video is horrid -- it's a live performance of your song instead of just the actual song as recorded and used everywhere.

Penny Lane is mine! I won a tournament for the first time! thanks everyone who voted for Penny Lane and lots of people guesssed it was me.
Our House was a very worthy runner up, I love that song and if Penny Lane wasn't mine I would've been voting for it as it's a very much loved song in our house.

I chose Penny Lane just simply because I grew up a few minutes from the real Penny Lane. I knew SV knew it was mine as I'd already posted about it when she run her Beatles thread.
I walked down Penny Lane every morning from the age of 7-10 to go to school and my best friends family had a chip shop there. The only shop that was open on a Sunday was in Penny Lane so we always got sent to get milk or bread down there too. When we were teenagers we'd sit on the wall at the top and watch for any fanciable boys passing by. We got the bus from there to go to watch Everton. Penny Lane was just a part of life and we loved it when the Beatles made a song about it, Lots of memories, but nice ones so I'm really happy it won.

thanks everyone!

well done SC for coming second and thanks so much to GBG who returned to complete an excellent song tournament! xxx

THE WINNER OF
"GETTING TO KNOW YOU"
SONG TOURNAMENT

"PENNY LANE"

Performed by THE BEATLES

Nominated by CHRISTINE

CONGRATULATIONS!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	penny-lane.jpg
Views:	1876
Size:	126.1 KB