Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

As for my last comment. It was my guess this is wear they are gonna go with Lukes character and the trailer suggests that the mid evil saber wield is a Vader Wanna be but my feeling is he is a tool and knows nothing but Lies about What Vader aka Anakin was.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, my faith is being put into Lawrence Kasden. He didn't disappoint me with "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return Of the Jedi". So I am hoping things will work out just because he is involved. I would hope that he has a general idea of where George Lucas would've maybe wanted to go with the story. I would hope that his participation in the script would be based off of that. No matter what, I agree that the entire Star Wars saga is Lucas'. Some consideration should be given to what he might suggest. After all, if Lucas hadn't created this in the first place, Disney wouldn't have the opportunity to make money off of it now.

Besides, this has to be good. I spent a whopping $20 on a new Star Wars jacket for this. I don't want to feel like it was money wasted (it is the only thing that I have bought so far).

Also, in case anyone didn't know, and are interested, Jimmy Kimmel is having the Star Wars special episode Monday night.

So...... This happened...

In Denmark the new Star Wars premieres 2 days before the worldwide official release, with the press screening taking place the day before. I didn't grab the press screening because my work is in the way, but I'm kind of glad I didn't (one of my collegues did though).

Anyways, just listen to this bullsh*t...

The rules for the press screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens:
  • This screening is for critics only. NO ONE ELSE under any circumstances is to be let in.
  • There will be safety guards present inside the theatre during the entire movie presentation.
  • Phones are NOT allowed during the screening and has to be handed in before the start of the movie.
  • (This is the craziest one in my opinion...) There will be hand-held metal detectors at the screening.
  • You will have to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and agree not to speak or write of any information concerning the movie.
  • There will be an embargo on all reviews of the movie until december 16th, 9:01 AM.
  • This invitation is for 1 person ONLY.

The rules above is to be respected and followed if you are to participate in this screening.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, TAKE A FREAKING CHILL PILL!!

I know it is Star Wars and all... But c'mon, this is completely mad. Do they think Star Wars is like a holy jewel or something? I have never heard of this with any other movie ever released. Not James Bond, Marvel Movies or nothing. Stupid.

In Denmark the new Star Wars premieres 2 days before the worldwide official release, with the press screening taking place the day before. I didn't grab the press screening because my work is in the way, but I'm kind of glad I didn't (one of my collegues did though).

• This screening is for critics only. NO ONE ELSE under any circumstances is to be let in.
  • There will be safety guards present inside the theatre during the entire movie presentation.
  • Phones are NOT allowed during the screening and has to be handed in before the start of the movie.
  • (This is the craziest one in my opinion...) There will be hand-held metal detectors at the screening.
  • You will have to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and agree not to speak or write of any information concerning the movie.
  • There will be an embargo on all reviews of the movie until december 16th, 9:01 AM.

The rules above is to be respected and followed if you are to participate in this screening.
If i get to watch Star Wars before the rest of the world does, then I really don't care much about the procedures necessary in order for this to happen

I know it is Star Wars and all... But c'mon, this is completely mad. Do they think Star Wars is like a holy jewel or something? I have never heard of this with any other movie ever released. Not James Bond, Marvel Movies or nothing. Stupid.
I would be concerned about how over protective they've been of the film. If literally anything other than Star Wars did something like this, everybody would say that they're obviously trying to hide a terrible movie. I'm not going to give them a pass just because of the franchise.

Am I the only one who thinks there's nothing mad or stupid about this?

It's all part of the marketing strategy behind this film, which will most probably be worth more than 1.5 billion dollars in box office revenue alone. There's a lot of money involved. I don't blame them for wanting to do this right. This is one of the biggest (commercial) cinema events in a long time.

All I'm gonna say is this movie CANNOT fail, or this will be THE biggest disappointment in cinematic history. They have hyped this movie up way too much and I have a feeling there will be many that will actually go in thinking it will be on the Original Trilogy level and they are gonna be gravely underwhelmed. (Having back old characters doesn't mean the movie will be good). Don't take this as me hating on Star Wars, I'm just hoping for something better than the Prequels. I ain't expecting a masterpiece but from the way they are marketing this and the amount of hype around it they seem to think they have one on their hands, I have a feeling there will be a good amount of people that are gonna be disappointed even if the movie isn't bad.

That isn't bull to be technical. Basically those rules pertain to almost just about every major screening. Cinemark has trade screenings and such, and when I worked there this was done all the time during a trade screening and whatnot. Cinemark employees helped out even when they were on duty, making sure the area was clean and customers at the time didn't interfere.

I was lucky in early 2002, I believe it was January...I was able to sit in the trade screening for the first of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies. The usher manager at the time told me to ask the woman who was the head of the particular event, and she said sure only if I sat on the floor and kept absolutely quiet. So I did,

The film officially was released in May.

Advance screenings of films for the public don't have those exact rules except for the 'no recording' part obviously.

Disappointment is relative to expectation, and I'm thinking not too many people thought Ishtar was going to be great. Particularly compared to the hype we're getting for Episode VII.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
All I'm gonna say is this movie CANNOT fail, or this will be THE biggest disappointment in cinematic history. They have hyped this movie up way too much and I have a feeling there will be many that will actually go in thinking it will be on the Original Trilogy level and they are gonna be gravely underwhelmed. (Having back old characters doesn't mean the movie will be good). Don't take this as me hating on Star Wars, I'm just hoping for something better than the Prequels. I ain't expecting a masterpiece but from the way they are marketing this and the amount of hype around it they seem to think they have one on their hands, I have a feeling there will be a good amount of people that are gonna be disappointed.
I would literally bet my life on it being better than any of the prequels. However it cannot (at least straight away) top the nostalgia factor of the originals, perhaps it time if it's really great it can be considered in line with them.

I'm hoping for an 8/10 or better. JJ delivered a 9/10 Star Trek reboot which ranks as arguably the best Star Trek film so anything like that would be great. Anything less than 8/10 will be very disapointing.

As far as the secrecy goes I would say it's to protect the secrets of the film, probably to do with Luke and his absence from all trailers/marketing. Like the extraordinary measures protecting the I am your father line.

The secrecy is part marketing, but it's also down to people simply really, really trying to find out more about this film. Maybe it is extreme, but if so, it's a reflection of how extreme the interest in the film is.