Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Jurassic World - 2015

What this movie showed me is that Dinosaurs should be the new leading men/women of Hollywood. How else can this movie break all those box office records? This was a great summer blockbuster but a god awful film. First off who in their right minds would go to a theme park like that knowing that the dinosaurs have escaped and killed people before? Meh, I'll just send my kids there. Anyways I digress. All the characters were terrible and not fleshed out at all. The child actors were not good. The villain was laughably bad. So many scenes were cringe worthy when it just involved the characters of the film. I felt them acting. I will give Pratt credit he definitely reaffirmed he can be an action star. He did well with what he was given. It was just a bad film, I mean the action and dinosaurs were cool, but dear lord everything else couldn't hold a candle to Jurassic Park.

I don't know. I thought it was a mess. It was an entertaining mess I will give it that. Didn't see why it broke all those records but hey don't strokes for different folks.

2/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Finished here. It's been fun.

Honkytonk Man

Absolutely incredible. A simple tale told masterfully. Eastwood's direction is assured and full of passion; this might be his greatest masterpiece.

Jurassic World (2015)

I don't watch these movies for the story, but this had me wondering why they didn't even try. That, plus the movie being devoid of any interesting characters made the first 40 minutes a complete waste of time. None of the actors did anything to make themselves stand out. Vincent D'Onofrio is the one actor in the movie that I really like, and he did nothing here to indicate that he has any talent. I'm easily entertained by Dinosaurs and destruction, so I was fine once the action started, but besides that, I thought this was poor.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
That^^and it's sequel are on my watchlist. Not sure how they got there; maybe from you, Neiba?
Not sure. I talked about them here a couple of times but I wasn't the only one. I think you'll like it cricket! The sequel is also great!

The Big Combo (1955)

-

From the top 100 noirs list, which is a genre I normally undervalue, but I really liked this one. I would have to make a guess that Tarantino is a fan of this one due to some possible influences. The bad guys were great in this one, and some nice dialogue and memorable scenes.

The Burning
-

A Friday the 13th knock-off that's actually a lot better than Friday the 13th.

That canoe scene was legit.

French Cancan
+

Colorful, fun, and wildly entertaining. A little light on substance though.

I do like to see others agree with me.

3 Bad Men
+

The Fordian elements and themes which would be used throughout his career are all here: redemption through sacrifice, the eternal struggle of good vs. evil, the idea of the 'Promised Land', the vast, untameable American landscape,etc. The imagery in this film is striking, absolutely striking. What Ford was able to achieve here is worthy of much admiration. It's a very funny movie as well. I think this one will grow on me as time goes by. Worth revisiting in the future.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible

I do like to see others agree with me.
Oh, do you? XD I thought your goal in life was to be against the world all the time!

Oh, do you? XD I thought your goal in life was to be against the world all the time!
Oh, no. Not at all. I want to be completely in sync with the world. The problem is you're all wrong so often.

Into the Woods (2014)

Good film adaptation of the Sondheim musical with good singing/acting (especially Meryl Streep), an enjoyable story, and excellent cinematography. There are a few plot holes, and a lot of the humor seems forced, but overall it's a good show.

The Long Gray Line

Ford, one of the greatest artists in the history of the medium, has crafted many masterpieces throughout his career. The Long Gray Line is one of those masterpieces. A tale of generations, family, loyalty, and honor; just as humane and profound as his other works. My 22nd film from him.