Recommend some Kids films

Tools    

Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker (2006)

Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Ewan McGregor, Mickey Rourke, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Alicia Silverstone, Missi Pyle, Sarah Bolger, Ashley Walters, Damian Lewis ... and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee!

My best friend is a huge James Bond/007 fan ... which I'm only kind of half into. I like The Living Daylights, best. Anyway, his son, my 10 year old namesake, has obviously been weaned on these types of spy movies, including Alex Rider. A movie that I was made to watch, one night, at a gathering over his house, because my friend knows I love everything Missi Pyle (especially before she went over-the-hill). She's so brilliant, so talented, so sexy ... I just love her ... and she's in it. The movie's OK ... I remember it being derivative, mostly, but entertaining - especially the glorious catfight between she and Alicia Silverstone! This film showcases a world where adults are clueless and screwing up everything, while their kids have all the answers. So - obviously - I wasn't this film's intended audience, but my friend kept looking over at me with this quiet laugh occasionally, like, "... how about this movie, huh? Huh? Didn't I tell you that you'd like it?" It wasn't all that, but for what it was, it wasn't half bad, either.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Not 80s, but how about Stardust, good family film, and the Harry Potter films (or at least the first few films, the last couple might get a bit dark for under 8s).

War Games is a good shout. I have never seen A Christmas Story, it doesn't have a big following here in the UK, I will right this wrong over the coming weeks before xmas I think.

Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker (2006)

Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Ewan McGregor, Mickey Rourke, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Alicia Silverstone, Missi Pyle, Sarah Bolger, Ashley Walters, Damian Lewis ... and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee!

My best friend is a huge James Bond/007 fan ... which I'm only kind of half into. I like The Living Daylights, best. Anyway, his son, my 10 year old namesake, has obviously been weaned on these types of spy movies, including Alex Rider. A movie that I was made to watch, one night, at a gathering over his house, because my friend knows I love everything Missi Pyle (especially before she went over-the-hill). She's so brilliant, so talented, so sexy ... I just love her ... and she's in it. The movie's OK ... I remember it being derivative, mostly, but entertaining - especially the glorious catfight between she and Alicia Silverstone! This film showcases a world where adults are clueless and screwing up everything, while their kids have all the answers. So - obviously - I wasn't this film's intended audience, but my friend kept looking over at me with this quiet laugh occasionally, like, "... how about this movie, huh? Huh? Didn't I tell you that you'd like it?" It wasn't all that, but for what it was, it wasn't half bad, either.

Stormbreaker looks like a good plan. He loves James Bond, only let him watch certain ones. I have never seen it but do remember it from when it was released. Thanks

Done Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Blew up the Baby. He preferred Blew up the Baby because the baby is about the same age as his younger brother so made lots of comparisons. Great Disney kids films.

They're not films, but it might be worth taking a look at some of the old(er) BBC childrens series. The Railway Children, The Box Of Delights (especially with Christmas coming up), The Secret Garden, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1988 TV serial). The Chronicles of Narnia

Simon and The Witch, The Queen's Head, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Maid Marian And Her Merry Men or M.I High. Not BBC, but Robin Of Sherwood, maybe?

The original Battlestar Galactica (proper Cylons and all that) and Buck Rodgers In The 25th Century if you want something more like Star Wars.

WALL-E was the first one that sprung to mind.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit... hmm.
I don't see it as a kids' film tbh. Sure it has bright and colourful cartoons throughout and slapstick shenanigans going on and is rated PG in Britain... but RR is about sex, booze and alcoholism, murder, violence, a detective mystery, revenge and embezzlement.
It's closer to Film Noir than anything churned out since year dot that was designed solely to keep kids happy for 2 hours.

Don't let the age rating on the box fool you.

I'd recommend Willow though as others have. great film. I showed it to my own two a couple years back when they were 6 and 8 and they loved it.

As other posters have already mentioned, if you're looking for cinematic entertainment for a six year oid, you don't need to look any further than the Disney Pixar library....Toy Story, The Lion King, Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph, Ratatouille, some of the most entertaining films of the last decade or so.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit... hmm.
I don't see it as a kids' film tbh. Sure it has bright and colourful cartoons throughout and slapstick shenanigans going on and is rated PG in Britain... but RR is about sex, booze and alcoholism, murder, violence, a detective mystery, revenge and embezzlement.
It's closer to Film Noir than anything churned out since year dot that was designed solely to keep kids happy for 2 hours.
True, but that's not the film a six year old sees.

If i have kids the first thing i'm exposing them to is the BEST of Animation, the early Looney Tunes shorts, the Fleischer Superman will be their intro to Superheroes. Batman? Yeah that i is a myth kids, until we see a film i allow you to watch, he remains a myth

Lilo & Stitch is a good one that we have watched.

Going to check the Fleischer Superman out never seen all of them. As for Batman we have watched Batman the Brave and the Bold, its a little campy and very kiddy but it shows loads of DC characters and my 6 year old loved it. Then maybe next year I will show him Batman the Animated Series, which has a stronger focus on Batman and is a bit darker in tone which will lead to the films but i'm not sure what age to show him the 1989 film to be honest?