Quills

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone here seen Quills starring Geoffrey Rush and Kate Winslet? I think it is a great movie.

If you have not seen the movie...is anyone here a fan of Geoffrey Rush?

Oh my gods, I LOVE that movie. Too much useless sex but other than that it rocked!!! =^_^=

BANNED
haven't seen it but why would you want to see a movie about useless sex? wait actually i retract that..hmm why wouldn't you? lol

Originally Posted by SPIDEI2_MAN__
haven't seen it but why would you want to see a movie about useless sex? wait actually i retract that..hmm why wouldn't you? lol
lol....The movie, while being about the Marqui De Sade also tackles such themes as sexual freedoms, censorship, and all around it is an awesome movie.

Nope I had not seen it but I keep hearing good stuff about it! Sounds reallly good!
I will have to go rent it one of these days maybe tomorrow since there is no school!I will get back to u guys once I see it!and my reviews on the grading also!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
Nope I had not seen it but I keep hearing good stuff about it! Sounds reallly good!
I will have to go rent it one of these days maybe tomorrow since there is no school!I will get back to u guys once I see it!and my reviews on the grading also!See you around!JM
I would not see this movie since you are either thirteen or fourteen, unless of course you have parents that don't care about sexual content. While not having many full blown out sex scenes, there are many sexual referances. This is a great movie though, especially for fans of Geoffrey Rush.

Originally Posted by Rustygirl
I would not see this movie since you are either thirteen or fourteen, unless of course you have parents that don't care about sexual content. While not having many full blown out sex scenes, there are many sexual referances. This is a great movie though, especially for fans of Geoffrey Rush.
I am thirteen but if the movie is PG-13 I am allowed to see it!Most of the time my parents don't even know what I watch! Even through I don't watch any movies with bed scenes at all.If this movie has alot of it thanks for the warning becaue I will not see it then!
I am not a fan of Rush but he was awsome in the Pirates of the Caibcan!Reallly awsome!He made a great pirate!See you around!JM

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I am thirteen but if the movie is PG-13 I am allowed to see it!Most of the time my parents don't even know what I watch! Even through I don't watch any movies with bed scenes at all.If this movie has alot of it thanks for the warning becaue I will not see it then!
I am not a fan of Rush but he was awsome in the Pirates of the Caibcan!Reallly awsome!He made a great pirate!See you around!JM
I've seen 14 of his movies and this is one of his best. The sex scenes and references are not in bad taste ( ie: they are not there to gain watchers, they apply to the story well) I would reccomend seeing this movie whem you are either 16 or 17.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

Not suprisingly it's rated R

Oh, I know, it definately deserves its rating, but the movie is so thought provoking and the performances are awesome

Geoffrey Rush is an amazing talent who can make an even mundane film into an enjoyable piece of work. As far as Quills goes, it ranks up there as one of his finest roles, comparable to his great performances in Shine and Swimming Upstream. Joaquin Phoenix and Michael Caine both do quite well with their parts and Kate Winslet, as the lustlorn chamber maid/laundress, is adequate in her role. I think it’s her character which is the weakest point in the movie, not that it’s her fault, but just that the character herself lacked depth. She was used more as a plot device for the men instead of an influential cog in the wheel of the movie. To sum up, all the supporting roles are well done, the story was interesting, the look and feel was right on, and Rush really shines (pun intended).
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Geoffrey Rush is an amazing talent who can make an even mundane film into an enjoyable piece of work. As far as Quills goes, it ranks up there as one of his finest roles, comparable to his great performances in Shine and Swimming Upstream. Joaquin Phoenix and Michael Caine both do quite well with their parts and Kate Winslet, as the lustlorn chamber maid/laundress, is adequate in her role. I think it’s her character which is the weakest point in the movie, not that it’s her fault, but just that the character herself lacked depth. She was used more as a plot device for the men instead of an influential cog in the wheel of the movie. To sum up, all the supporting roles are well done, the story was interesting, the look and feel was right on, and Rush really shines (pun intended).
Nice one there at the end! I want to see Swimming Upstream but it won't be released in the states I am a huge Geoffrey Fan, Ive seen 14 movies and I long for more of them. I think Im going to have to buy Swimming Upstream on Ebay. Slay, you live in the states, how did you see it?

Originally Posted by Rustygirl
Nice one there at the end! I want to see Swimming Upstream but it won't be released in the states I am a huge Geoffrey Fan, Ive seen 14 movies and I long for more of them. I think Im going to have to buy Swimming Upstream on Ebay. Slay, you live in the states, how did you see it?
I haven't seen it, but I've heard a lot of talk about his performance.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard a lot of talk about his performance.
Are you a fan of his?

Very much so. He's one of those actors that can make the dumbest films seem okay. Like House on Haunted Hill, kind of dumb, but he makes it fun. Quills and Shine are my favorites, and I love his voice.

Very much so. He's one of those actors that can make the dumbest films seem okay. Like House on Haunted Hill, kind of dumb, but he makes it fun. Quills and Shine are my favorites, and I love his voice.
My top 5 Geoffrey Rush favorites: (that i have seen)

1. Quills
2. Les Miserables
3. Pirates of the Carribbean
4. House on Haunted Hill
5. Intolerable Cruelty (small but great)

This is just a quick list, I have to really think of my favorites. Performance wise they would be different and as for characters that just jumped out at me this is kind of that list

Geoffrey Rush is an amazing talent who can make an even mundane film into an enjoyable piece of work. As far as Quills goes, it ranks up there as one of his finest roles, comparable to his great performances in Shine and Swimming Upstream.
Couldn't agree more on Rush, Slay. Amazing actor. He outdoes himself in Quills. Shine is another great role. Unfortunately haven't seen Swimming Upstream. Quills wasn't a movie that I was really interested in seeing but was interested only in the fact that Rush was in it and now glad I did.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Quills is great movie IMO. I loved it. Mainly on account on the amazing work by Rush. An awesome movie.