Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry but I didn't find it that funny, nor engaging narrative-wise. My fourth Chaplin and the only one I haven't liked so far.

I watched the 1925 version, though I doubt that has anything to do with my enjoyment.

Halloween (1978) - John Carpenter

- Probably the most memorable and well-done slasher of all-time with one of the greatest soundtrack in the history of cinema. Michael Myers is a complete freak and he is one of my favorite character of all-time he gave me so many nightmares when I was young. Jamie Lee Curtis is very good and Donald Pleasance is great as Dr.Sam Loomis. Probably the most awesome and credible atmosphere in a horror movie. Perfect movie and Carpenter best movie for sure.
"It was the Boogeyman..." "As a matter of fact, it was." LOVE those lines so much.

I loved Pleasance as Loomis, but my inner Fallout fanboy really liked
Malcolm McDowell's Loomis as well (Hated that they turned Loomis into a fame whore ******* in the second remake movie which is another reason why I hated it, but I think he did Loomis good in The first Halloween remake)

Blissfully Oblivious
The Place Beyond The Pines

Looking past some plot convenience, The Place Beyond The Pines is a unique crime drama that is impressively directed and acted. The themes of family, good intentions, and bad choices make it compelling and moving. Highly recommended.

Master of My Domain
I was wondering if you'd have something to say about that. Is it really that bad?
Oh hell yeah it is bruh.

...damn you give a too high rating to a film for once and it's the wrong one.

Welcome to the human race...
Oh hell yeah it is bruh.

...damn you give a too high rating to a film for once and it's the wrong one.
Wouldn't any film that gets "too high" a rating be the wrong one anyway?

Aladdin (1992)
rewatch

I've come a long way since watching the very first Disney Classic from 1937, Snow White, earlier this year...

So here we are, more than 50 years of animated evolution and technical changes, right in the middle of the "Disney Renaissance" - and it's not hard to see why the period is called that. I definitely saw some of the biggest changes with the first Renaissance film, The Little Mermaid- especially cinematically, and in terms of a proper and consistent piece of animation.

Aladdin has a whole new world to introduce us to, with the characteristic Arabia, but mostly this film just feels like home. Disney definitely drew inspiration from previous films, with the ending slightly reminding me of The Little Mermaid and of course the overall theme of two people fitting together but still can't be together might be the most used storyline by Disney. A funny thought, too, is how it even reminds me of future films, like Jafar being used again to create the basic look for Scar in Lion King.

But it's okay, because in many ways the rest of it feels fresh and well done, with great songs, settings and of course Robin Williams as Genie! I liked this much better this time around, but the first half is the best.

-

Blissfully Oblivious
Foxcatcher

Foxcatcher displays beautiful cinematography and dynamic acting. The three top billed actors (Carell, Tatum, and Ruffalo) give amazing performances (although I feel the attention Steve Carell has been receiving for this film should've really gone Tatums way. I found Tatum far more convincing in his role than Carell was). Unfortunately, while the pacing of the plot feels natural (the characters moving it along other than the script), it's also slow and a few scenes felt completely unnecessary. The tone is the definition of somber but given the real life events that the film is based on, that's kind of a given. So while I can recommend a viewing of Foxcatcher on it's technical and acting merits, I can only suggest a rental due to it's somber storyline and slow pacing. Oscar bait at best ladies and gentlemen.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Way of a Gaucho

A darn good western and a really terrific piece of entertainment.

the last film I saw was fast and furious 7 and is an excellent film, has a lot of action, comedy and emotion over the death of Paul Walker

I have to return some videotapes.

-

I've seen it close to 20 times, but I think it let me down a bit last watch. There were some flaws I didn't like, but the performances and direction was great still. Can't complain with a 4.25.

+

Haven't seen this in years and I really enjoyed it. Pixar can do no wrong.

Smosh: The Movie (2015)

Remember the two kids who made a silly video of them dancing to the Pokemon theme song that went viral on YouTube years ago? In case you haven't heard of them since, they've basically built their careers on this. They make parodies of random stuff. Some of them are quite funny, some are just the essence of lameness. They've clearly used up their good ideas over the years. They do, however, manage to maintain a pretty numerous audience and so, they've made a movie because that's what internet celebrities do these days.

It's a simple "going back to the roots" kind of story. Anthony wants to alter the embarrassing video of him from high school in which he falls down after attempting a flip while singing the Pokemon theme song... and the microphone ends up in his butt somehow. To that end, he goes inside YouTube via a portal shown to him by the villain, Mr. Youtube himself, the CEO of YouTube. In the process he learns that he has to go back to being his former self (a quirky nerd) to impress his to-be girlfriend. Hilarity ensues.

...Or does it? The idea might not be anything especially original but if executed right, it could at the very least have been an average comedy. However, the script appears to have been put together from people's fanfiction. The jokes are terrible, the dialogues are incredibly fake, there's plenty of unnecessary repetition and there are so many holes in the story itself, I'm beyond caring for it.

Smosh: The Movie is a perfect explanation for why they aren't quite as popular anymore. They can make good content. Just not every time. And this time they produced garbage.