Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hey guys I got one:

2001: Most boring piece of **** I have ever sat through. Had to restart it three days in a row because I kept falling asleep. No plot, no characters, and okay but overeated visuals.

Oh wait, I think that might be right.
A movie can be great even without those things

Master of My Domain
Oooh time to start a flame war.

I'm on BlueLion's side btw.

Welcome to the human race...
Attack the Block -

Pretty straightforward sci-fi/horror B-movie but still charming enough so that it doesn't matter.

Amelie...english subtitles...all over the place movie with a personal rating of 9/10.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
did a few rewatches: 2 revenge flicks and one bank job

2 Guns
++ A bank job, a frame up and fried chicken. Damn good times

Payback
A bullet in the back as a way of fraying any relationship

The Quick and the Dead
+++ "Are there any real gunfighters here today?"

indeed there are

The Owl and the Pussycat (1970)
a enjoyable mix of comedy and romance, with a few dramatic undertones ,good acting with Streisand and Seagal, is an all-around good movie...

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Like Someone In Love (2012) - Abbas Kiarostami

Subtle and beautiful...in many ways very un-kiarostami like...splendid camera work and script. After watching "Shirin" I called it a day as far as Kiarostami was concerned, but this came as a welcome surprise...very very good work and a must watch for the serious film watchers in here...

9 out of 10

Blissfully Oblivious
Nightcrawler-

Though it could've used a score that would better fit the tone, Nightcrawler is a dark, thrilling examination of greed and ambition. Oh and that Gyllenhal guy was ok I guess.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Ravenous (1999)

Enjoyed this. Underrated or at least underseen horror-drama-thriller, which doesn't necessarily hit the narrative beats you might expect. Good soundtrack too.

Yes it can but most can't. Especially the characters, most narrative film needs compelling characters in my opinion. That's where subjectivity plays a big part in our opinions on film. I'm a people person.

Unregistered User

8 1/2 (1963)

So at the third time of asking, I enjoyed this much more. After my first viewing it left me so frustrated, so I was glad that I gave it another chance. I can't see it ever being my favourite Fellini and I wouldn't even know how to begin writing a review on it but all in all, I really liked it (even if it did take several attempts).

Blissfully Oblivious

Another bullseye from the geniuses at Disney Pixar....9/10
Out of all the Disney Pixar films, this one is my favorite. Wall-E and The Incredibles are tied for second. I'll have to watch both again sometime to figure who wins. Looking forward to that.

The Gift: 6/10...

Keanu reeves as a redneck was not convincing and Katie Holmes's southern accent was painful. But Cate Blanchett was good and the story was interesting enough with a sort of unseen twist at the end.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Carnival of Souls
-

admirable aesthetics and unique surrealist touches keep this one from being completely mediocre. a disappointment.