Overrated films

Tools    

what's wrong with Sandra Bullock in Gravity? She was pretty good lol
You're mostly right, to me at least. She was serviceable, I was never bothered by her performance, which is a rare thing for me to say about Bullock, since she usually is an actress I'm never impressed, or sometimes very annoyed with, save for The Heat, maybe. Gravity is great, just wasn't really an acting film.

One of the most Overrated films I have ever seen was "Cabin In The Woods". Not really negative about films but that was a pile of crap, Stupid plot, stupid monsters and over the top ending. Never again!

Welcome to the human race...
One of the most Overrated films I have ever seen was "Cabin In The Woods". Not really negative about films but that was a pile of crap, Stupid plot, stupid monsters and over the top ending. Never again!
Even though it's supposed to be a deliberate satire of the types of horror movies that actually use stupid plots and monsters?

Birdman is so annoying, obviously a nerdy critics joy, bored me to death , stopped watching after 30mins.

Birdman is so annoying, obviously a nerdy critics joy, bored me to death , stopped watching after 30mins.
Dude you can't call a movie overrated if you've only seen 30 minutes of it. You've literally only seen 25% of it. That's like stopping Psycho before she even gets to the Bates Motel.

Dude you can't call a movie overrated if you've only seen 30 minutes of it. You've literally only seen 25% of it. That's like stopping Psycho before she even gets to the Bates Motel.
If I am bored after 30 minutes I can. It was so pretentious IMO.

I totally agree with the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films being overrated. I fell asleep watching the first Ring movie. It was a painful experience
I couldn't get through the first Lord ot the Rings film without falling asleep either.
I walked out of the theatre the second time I woke up.

IMO, however, the most overrated movie of all time is Midnight Cowboy. It might have been shocking and innovative in 1969, but I didn't see it until this century. It hasn't aged well.

I walked out of the theatre the second time I woke up.

IMO, however, the most overrated movie of all time is Midnight Cowboy. It might have been shocking and innovative in 1969, but I didn't see it until this century. It hasn't aged well.
What's funny - a few years ago I had a foot operation, so I was laid up. A friend lent me their Lord of the Rings Trilogy - something I could watch over the course of days. I put it on one day when my mom came over. She won't watch anything that has cursing or sex or graphic violence in it, so I thought a fantasy like Lord of the Rings might be something she could watch. She also fell fast asleep within the first 20 minutes.

The only one of the Trilogy I ever half-way liked was the second one (I think?) ... the one where the Orks are storming the castle and there's a huge battle.

The LOTR trilogy. Peter Jackson somehow managed to suck every ounce of suspense from that story.

I've never read The Lord of the Rings and never knew anything about it until about 7 years ago. It just wasn't a part of my world. I came about my interest in LOTR in a very roundabout way, via the artwork of Alan Lee, who illustrated the book series and was the Art Director, I believe for the movies. Anyway, Fellowship of the Rings I found to be very charming and magical and all those good things. It had it's flaws, like some of the CGI was too blatant, but the sequels did not live up to FOTR, especially Return of the King. At least Two Towers had the beautiful and enchanting Éowyn! Had she not been in it, I've got to be honest ... I would've been much more dismissive of this sequel. But I agree that 2/3rds of the LOTR series is, in fact overrated.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Godfather
Casablanca
Scarface
The Graduate
Chinatown
Sideways
Slumdog Millionaire
The English Patient
All about Eve
Wow, really? Rocky Horror, The Graduate? Sideways? All About Eve? Love those movies.
I think this is where your random quoting of old posts have come to their ultimate level.

You quote a post from last year... made by a guy who are no longer with us. That's on some next level sh*t right there.

*even I think I'm pushing it quoting something from two weeks ago...

Welcome to the human race...
I think this is where your random quoting of old posts have come to their ultimate level.

You quote a post from last year... made by a guy who are no longer with us. That's on some next level sh*t right there.

*even I think I'm pushing it quoting something from two weeks ago...
Not only that, but Gideon also has a post on the exact same page as that Deadite post so you'd think he would've acknowledged it earlier.

Battlefield Earth. I'm so over the way everyone trips over their own feet to praise it as the greatest movie in history...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Battlefield Earth. I'm so over the way everyone trips over their own feet to praise it as the greatest movie in history...

I haven't seen Battlefield Earth, but I've heard it called "the worst movie ever made".