Worst Movie Title

Tools    

"Werewolves on Wheels" and "Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus" because you know they are gonna be so bad they're good.

These two from an actor who I think is very funny but these titles are just horrible.

Ali G Indahouse
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

These two from an actor who I think is very funny but these titles are just horrible.

Ali G Indahouse
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Borat is probably the funniest movie ever made but yeah I'm agree the title is ridiculously long

Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. Ugly name for a good movie.
It's taken from a great poem by Alexander Pope FYI.

"Werewolves on Wheels" and "Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus" because you know they are gonna be so bad they're good.
I think Werewolves on Wheels is pretty poor, whereas Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus is, indeed, wonderful.

Prêt-à-Porter: This may have a meaning, I don't know. If it does, then the joke's on me, but either way, I hate it.

Interesting to see the different ways a film can be promoted, too.

Prêt-à-Porter means Ready To Wear, which was an alternative title for the film in the US for that very reason I'd assume. It's the high street/ready to wear fashion at fashion shows, as opposed to the haute couture (high fashion) lines, which is the weirder stuff which is usually flagged up as ridiculous.

I'm sure there's a huge amount of in jokes and the like in that film. When it came out I was really quite into fashion and was the only person in the cinema laughing on many occasions. Despite that, I'm sure there was tons of stuff which I was completely unaware of.

Welcome to the human race...
The 41 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It has to be up there.

Welcome to the human race...
That may be so, but it's still an ugly title that tries too hard to be the convoluted antithesis of the rudimentary "________ Movie" template.

Boldly going.
John Carter ... could they have picked a more boring title for a sci-fi fantasy space opera?

U-571 Great war flick, but a difficult number of recall

Any movie that claims to be "The Final Chapter" but isn't.

Anyway, just a few.[/quote]Prêt-à-Porter: This may have a meaning, I don't know. If it does, then the joke's on me, but either way, I hate it.

I agree, terrible title for a movie.

Prêt-à-Porter: This may have a meaning, I don't know. If it does, then the joke's on me, but either way, I hate it.
Actually, Pret-a-porter is French meaning "ready to carry". However, the use of hyphens between the words makes me think it may be an adjective meaning something else...something don't know

Okay, mark f's post made me remember the first one here:

Terror at Blood Fart Lake
Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mamma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad
Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?
Zotz!
The Twonky (this is the only one of the above that I've seen and it's a fun little movie)

Okay, mark f's post made me remember the first one here:

Terror at Blood Fart Lake
Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Mamma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feelin' So Sad
Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?
Zotz!
The Twonky (this is the only one of the above that I've seen and it's a fun little movie)

Heh! I watched Zotz! on TCM a few months ago! It almost felt like a movie that was being pitched as a pilot for a zany sitcom of the era (along the lines of Bewitched or My Favorite Martian).

I still want to see The Twonky.