Television Tab

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The orchestral scoring of those cartoons is something modern shows...

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
early Looney Tunes are my favorite as well. Especially anything directed by Tex Avery. He was the king and inspiration for so many later on. Those truly off the wall moments in a lot of old cartoons were from him. To keep his stuff fresh he bounced around a lot of different studios, so you can find him in Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry (his were always my favorites) Droopy cartoons and others. His Wolf cartoons are classics that you see replayed rather often in movies like The Mask an others when referencing old cartoons.

As for me,

checked out the pilot for Fargo-- loved it!

Finished off binge watching season 2 of Blacklist and watched episode one of season 3 last night. HUGE HUGE fan of this show. The writing, the dialogue, everyone in the show...

The Returned/Les Revenants - Series 2, episode 1.
. Fabulous to see they have added Laurent Lucas to the cast!

Doctor Who: The Girl Who Died - Series 9, episode 5.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've spoken to a couple of people about this and the first person they've both brought up was David Mitchell. Considering his radio show he seems the natural replacement. I wonder if he was offered it? While I don't mind Sandi Toksvig, I'd much rather have Sue or Victoria hosting, as I love both of them. Richard Osman wouldn't be a bad choice, though I've still not bought into the Cult Of Osman.
I'd certainly hope that they at least chatted with Mitchell about it to see if he'd be interested. He really does feel like the closest alternative to Fry. I'm trying to think of others who fit the intellectual, middle/upper class mould that could have done it. Alexander Armstrong could have been good. Based on his Room 101 work I think Frank Skinner could have been good. Perhaps Hugh Dennis at a push. Clive Anderson was an old QI favourite and always did pretty well on the show. If they were willing to go with someone lesser known possibly Miles Jupp. Marcus Brigstocke is cut from a similar cloth but I imagine he's all but disappeared from TV over the last few years. Or Rich Hall. I don't think he'd necessarily have worked but I just love the guy. Another outside shot for a female presenter would possibly be Kirsty Young. I don't believe she's ever actually been on QI but I've always found her to be a very good host on Have I Got News For You. Or they could just have brought in Joey Essex and given in to the fact that society is indeed finished!

In fact I've just realised that my choices for a QI host are pretty much the same for Have I Got News For You if they ever went back to a permanent host - David Mitchell, Alexander Armstrong, Frank Skinner etc

Miles Jupp was one of the first names which sprung to mind, as he's taken over from Sandi on The News Quiz.

Fargo
Season II, ep. 2

WARNING: spoilers below

How much are they paying for these music rights? So good. The opening scene and the way it was cut and edited was superb. I'm too inarticulate to say what was great, but I just enjoyed it all.

Where do you think they are going with this extraterrestrial angle? I don't think they are going off-the-planet weird, but then again, it is a weeeiiiird show.

I wonder if the meat-grinder scene was meant as an homage to the movie, or just a coincidence?

No, I hadn't. Fantastic! Thanks, Christine. I saw that they were repeating the first series and did wonder. Class Of '92: Out Of Their League starts on Thursday, too. It's definitely autumn now. The planner is getting chock-a-block on a Thursday.

Scream Queens starts on E4 tomorrow and Catastrophe starts on Tuesday on Channel 4. Both at 10pm

I've watched bits of Scream Queens and was disappointed by not seeing JLC.

I'm not really expecting it to be much cop, but I hope I like it. Not too confident atm, but I'll give it a couple of episodes and see. Hopefully it'll work for me.

Can't wait for Scream Queens. Good night tonight on television, Scream Queens and Fargo series 2.

Steph's back in Neighbours and it was great to see her onscreen with her boy the other day. Thinking she looked familiar.
I thought it was going to be a guest role for a few weeks but she's been added to the opening credits sequence so obviously staying for some time.

Yep, she's back back. Being one of my all time favourite characters (though they ruined her a couple of times) I was delighted to see her back. If only we could get Libby back.

Fargo
S2:E3

WARNING: spoilers below

Guess it's time for my weekly gush on the show. Maybe I don't watch enough t.v., but these performances are impeccable. The hair salon crime convo, the typewriter store face-off, the front porch showdown . Whew.

I just can't get enough of it. I'm left feeling like I've watched a mini-movie. Perfect. Kirsten Dunst is by far not my favorite character, but I have to give it to her performance. I feel sorry for ol' Ed Blomquist having to deal with her. You can tell he is gonna catch the short end from her.

Yep, she's back back. Being one of my all time favourite characters (though they ruined her a couple of times) I was delighted to see her back. If only we could get Libby back.
I'd rather not have Libby back, never really liked the character. As for Steph, wasn't too keen on her coming back but don't mind her at the moment, I just hope they don't turn her crazy again especially with one storyline coming up, will not spoil it in case you don't know about Steph yet.