My Story: Dreaming of becoming a YouTube Film Reviewer

Tools    

Hey Everyone!
I've been fairly active on movieforums for awhile and I Just started a YouTube Channel mostly reviewing movies. I've tried to take a different approach to some aspects though. First i have the typical weekend reviews of new released movies to keep people informed on what to watch/not to watch. But also I do a "mock" style review of bad movies that i call "Drunk Movie Reviews" where I drink to... lets say an apologetic degree and review a film i watched. They are always bad films but i try to make the reviews comedic in nature!

I have had a really rough time finding my nitch in life and that has set me behind compared with everyone else i know who have degrees and are doing what they love. it took awhile for me to find the Film is what i love! I spent this year watching anything i could get my hands on and also preparing to enroll back into college, and that is going to happen this coming summer where I'll be studying Digital Media!

But what i really want is to make my dream of being a YouTube reviewer happen. I am trying my hardest putting weekly content out while working 50 hr weeks at work, it's rough but I'm not complaining. I'm hoping if you have read this that you too know what it's like to want something so bad to work that you essentially can't think about anything else, that you constantly think "how can people see me doing what i love" and making long term personal goals to achieve it, but feeling like it isn't enough.
I don't want to spam anyone, i don't want to do the typical "sub 4 sub" things other YouTubers find themselves resorting to, but i do ask that after reading this you check me out, and tell me what you think. This is my dream and i want to share what i do with others. So thank you for reading and please let me know! (I'm not gonna share a link but if you search for my name you'll find some of my stuff.)
Patrick Beatty

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I once thought of trying this out, but I'm just not outgoing enough to do it, so I just write my down instead all the best with it though, I'm sure you'll do great!

First of all, if you wanna become a star, you've gotta come to us and share your links. Don't make us search. We're lazy. You betta work.

First of all, if you wanna become a star, you've gotta come to us and share your links. Don't make us search. We're lazy. You betta work.
I do have a couple threads in the movie review section, but they are just under the headings "Patricks Movie Reviews" & "Drunk Movie Reviews" I haven't gotten much feedback from them... but keep updating them!

Master of My Domain
Well, the road to becoming a recognized Internet reviewer is gonna be tough, but who knows, with enough effort you have a chance. Good luck bro and see you on Youtube.

I once thought of trying this out, but I'm just not outgoing enough to do it, so I just write my down instead all the best with it though, I'm sure you'll do great!
I'm jealous that you can write though! When i tried just writing them i seemed like 13 yr old haha. At least in the videos you can see that no, it's just a bearded fellow that can't write well haha

Master of My Domain
I'm jealous that you can write though! When i tried just writing them i seemed like 13 yr old haha. At least in the videos you can see that no, it's just a bearded fellow that can't write well haha
Well pretty much most members here are introverts so writing is easier for us... that's why I admire your courage and determination.

Well, the road to becoming a recognized Internet reviewer is gonna be tough, but who knows, with enough effort you have a chance. Good luck bro and see you on Youtube.
Thanks Gatsby, when you watch some of them please give me some feedback on how improve OK? You rock!

Hey good for you Patrick! I wish you lots of fun and success with your Youtube movie reviews.

Like SC said, post a link. You're a fellow MoFo, not a spammer. I recognize your ID and no one will mind if you post a link...so just do it!

Citizen Rules made me feel ok with linking my channel, so here it is! Thank you all for the love and support, movieforums is the first place i ever did a review, so i really appreciate all the support. Watch some if you can and tell me what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/subscription..._user=pwbeatty

Congrats for going for your dream! I recently tried out a YouTube channel and it's going alright so far, nothing to shake a stick at haha. I checked out the channel and I like what you have so far, keep up the good work!

Too Cool! I just watched your review for Gigli Drunk Review: Patrick Beatty...good stuff! You got guts to do that and you're good too!

I got an idea for you, get a T Shirt made up that says Patrick Beatty's Drunken Movie Reviews (or something like that). Wear that in your video. Do you ever do a review when you are drunk?

I'm going to watch more of them too.

Fun fun fun! Watched a few reviews and was cracking up when you compared De Niro to the Wal-Mart greeters. My local Wal-Mart has an adorable greeter that I want to sit and have coffee with. Subscribed to your thread and looking forward to watching more. Best of luck!

Too Cool! I just watched your review for Gigli Drunk Review: Patrick Beatty...good stuff! You got guts to do that and you're good too!

I got an idea for you, get a T Shirt made up that says Patrick Beatty's Drunken Movie Reviews (or something like that). Wear that in your video. Do you ever do a review when you are drunk?

I'm going to watch more of them too.
Thank you so much! The Gigli review is probably my least favorite... i was really nervous (and drunk) and a lot of it came out to be more forced than anything. I think i found my stride with The Happening review. I was just talking with my wife today about getting some custom T-shirts to wear when i go to movies to review them! That's a really good idea!

Congrats for going for your dream! I recently tried out a YouTube channel and it's going alright so far, nothing to shake a stick at haha. I checked out the channel and I like what you have so far, keep up the good work!
What is your channel? I'd love to check it out!