Murder on the Orient Express (1974) -

Gonin (1995) -
+
Punishment Park (1971) -

Julia (1977) -
+
The Sugarland Express (1974) -

Unregistered User
Naturally I think Convoy should be higher, but I'm actually quite surprised to see it at 3/5.

With Convoy it left me feeling that I wanted to rate it higher but never really did enough to get it. Still liked it though.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Naked Kiss - 7/10

Thanks for the recommendation. Good movie, but loses focus at times. Because of the content, you have to pay attention. I had to rewind once to see the missed 3 second scene to know the truth about Grant.

I saw Couples Retreat, its a romantic comedy, one of the actors is Vince Vaughn, i really like his movies. Sow, the movie was very good, 9/10. Perfect movie to watch in family.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

A mockumentary about a vampire flatshare. I enjoyed this, I thought it was pretty funny. I particularly liked their interactions with the werewolves. It made me think I should watch more comedies.

The Hurt Locker - 8/10

Brimming with rififi!
The Martian - 2/4

I thought this was decent sci-fi fare.

I didn't feel a visceral connection with Mark Watney like I did while reading the novel. The big-screen version of the character is certainly likable. Matt Damon bleeds charisma, especially in this role. But I didn't feel the emotional resonance I expected.
WARNING: "The Martian" spoilers below
The final scene where Watney is talking to his class about death being ever-present during his time on Mars is what I wanted to feel throughout the story. To me, it felt like that final scene was telling us--because the film forgot to show us--exactly what he felt.

Oliver & Company (1988)

Nothing truly revolutionary about this flick, but it was fun to see Disney become modernized and not do the classic magical musical movies they usually do, but instead go with an 80s vibe and a crazier and more free attitude. The animated style was also really different, though it had similar brush strokes to previous outings. I feel you can describe it as having the rough and gritty style of Wolfgang Reiterman, but with a technological and stylistic color-boost of modern standards.

After I watched it I read it was loosely based on Oliver Twist, which I had completely forgot and it went over my head as I watched it - and only for the better. Many seem to bash this for being a poor Oliver Twist adaption, but why? Disney have always taking inspiration from other books and movies and they don't exactly promote this as a direct adaption anyways... As an animated film with nothing to it, it's just fun and groovy and I was actually a little bit surprised by it. Nothing special, but then again, maybe a little special after all. I'm going to give it a slightly generous rating of,

-

The Judge (2014) - David Dobkin

- Cool movie with very nice performance from Duvall and Downey Jr. It's a little bit overlong but I still appreciate all the viewing. Intelligent movie and I love courtroom movies so it's been a nice experience. The ending is sad and happy at the same time and that's a very good thing for my appreciation. Good Job.

Living Out Loud (1998)

Simple, but excellent story about a woman (Holly Hunter) who tries to put her life together again after her husband dumps her. Danny DeVito, whom I'm not the world's biggest fan of, does an excellent job as the elevator operator in Hunter's building who develops strong feelings for Hunter that may or may not be returned. But they do have a great friendship and he helps her in rebuilding her confidence. This happens at the same time that she goes a bit wild (as a lot of people often do after divorce) and experiences some things she might not otherwise. Queen Latifah has a nice part as a nightclub co-manager who cut one album and when it didn't sell, dropped out of the biz and decided to work in the club business where she gets to sing without getting too strongly judged. A very nice movie about lonely people trying to find connections and making friends along the way.

Corruption (1968)

Peter Cushing stars as a brilliant surgeon who is engaged to a popular magazine model. This is the swinging 60's so he gets dragged to parties where she dances, drinks, and shmoozes with her "friends," most of whom are phonies that Cushing can't stand. He gets into a fight with her photographer friend and they accidentally knock over a huge lamp which burns one side of her face severely. She thinks her career is over but as he's a surgeon, he's dedicated to restoring her face. He has a breakthrough with a lab animal by injecting it with fluid from another animal's pituitary gland. He then progresses to stealing fluids from a female corpse. It restores his girlfriend's beauty but it doesn't last. He then moves on to killing living women. And on it goes.

Cushing is great as usual and he does things a bit different with his acting by going nuts when he's killing his victims, and the camera getting right up in his face as he's killing only adds to the effect. I really enjoyed Cushing in this. He's played a not-nice guy before, but I've never seen him as an out-and-out killer till this. That alone makes this worth a watch.

Point Blank (1967)

Lee Marvin is great as a double-crossed low-rent criminal who goes after the mob members who back-stabbed him and robbed him of his share of the robbery money. Marvin is a no-nonsense, beat-em-to-a-pulp killing machine. He will trash a person till he gets the info he needs, sometimes "accidentally" killing them. He'll use anyone, even if they think he's a friend, as long as he gets his money back. And if he gets his revenge against the mob along the way, so much the better. Marvin is fantastic in this flick and gets the greater share of scenes, although the supporting cast does fine. They include Angie Dickinson, Keenan Wynn, John Vernon (Dean Wormer himself!), Carroll O'Connor, and Lloyd Bochner. Movie veteran Sid Haig has a small part as a Hotel Lobby Guard. Highly recommended.

Master of My Domain
Kiki's Delivery Service (Miyazaki, 1989)

Was expecting more, but this film is still awesome. Seriously, I've not seen a legitimately "bad" film by Miyazaki and his Studio Ghibli yet.

I think i had a movies day... I just finished Big Game whit Samule L. Jackson, its a cool accion movie,i fell in love whit the Finnish forest, just amazing. 10/10

Atonement is almost as cinematographically beautiful as James McAvoy's piercing blue eyes. There really isn't a need for me to give my opinion on such a brilliant and heartbreaking movie. I adore this movie. And the green dress is to die for. That is all.
Rate: 10/10