Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Agreed.
Hopkins' performance was one of the best ever.
Well deserved oscar even though the Oscars is an arselicking contest.

My name is Khan.
Not Star Trek.

Another movie I never knew existed.
9/10
Controversial sure and some heartbreaking scenes,I don't know if it's based on true events but it's well worth a watch,.Great acting from Khan.

In the movie it depicts Khan as autistic but on the imbd and rottentomatoes websites it states he has aspergers,any difference??

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
My name is Khan.
Not Star Trek.

9/10
Controversial sure and some heartbreaking scenes,I don't know if it's based on true events but it's well worth a watch,.Great acting from Khan.

In the movie it depicts Khan as autistic but on the imbd and rottentomatoes websites it states he has aspergers,any difference??
As far as I know, Asperger is a specific kind of autism.

Day of the Outlaw (1959)

I've been watching 50's Westerns from the top 100 Westerns list for that decade's eventual countdown. I've just been randomly and blindly picking them out, and I've found that with very few exceptions, they all seem the same to me. This was one of those exceptions.

In a very small Wyoming town with a population of about 20, Robert Ryan plays the local tough guy who's at odds with a local farmer. Down at the saloon, this problem is about to come to a head, when all of a sudden a group of seven outlaws burst in, led by a former Calvary officer. They have the law on their trail, a couple day's ride behind them after a robbery. Burl Ives is the man in command, and although he shows his authority, he just wants to settle in for the night. There's one other young guy in the group who is decent, but the other five are savages who want to have their way with the women and take out everyone in town. The only thing stopping them is the man in charge. The problem is that he had previously taken a bullet, and is slowly dying. If and when that happens, the other men will destroy the town.

This is a very bleak Western, partly because of the execution of the story, and partly because of the setting in the snowy Wyoming cold. I thought it was really well done with terrific performances, especially from Burl Ives. It was a big surprise for me, and it's up their with my favorite 50's Westerns so far.

Welcome to the human race...
Man of Tai Chi -

Surprisingly dull for the most part despite having a concept seemingly custom-designed to guarantee lots of fighting (and delivering on that front to boot). Still worth it to see Keanu ham things up as a villain, though.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

Ok, my nephew was staying over, and uttered the words, "Quentin Tarantino, who's that?". Something had to be done immediately to rectify, so to Netflix we did go. He now knows who QT is, and is aware of the existence of Gogo Yubari, Pai Mei, and the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. Crisis averted.

Of course, these both get a 5/5 from me, as they are pure TQ fun, and stay with you forever.

Felt like a comedy last night. I have been wanting to revisit this since seeing then unimpressive teaser for Zoolander 2. I still laughed some for sure but like a lot of comedies there are more lulls than laughs but the one liners I remember remain pretty great. This is probably a half star bump for nostalgia but it is a long way from the 4 star movie I remember.

Master of My Domain
You felt like a comedy but chose a Ben Stiller movie? Not a very smart move bro.

Master of My Domain
Wow how did I mess that up... I need to go to bed like right now.

I liked Stiller back in the day, Sandler too. I think all these guys schtick just grows old after a period of time. Back when they were released Something About Mary, Meet The Parents, and Zoolander were among my favorite comedies.

JFK - 8.1/10. Simply brilliant!

Hannah and her Sisters - 6.3/10. Typical Woddy Allen story telling of upper-middle class New York mish mash of characters.

My name is Khan.
Not Star Trek.

9/10

I could not digest this movie. Hopeless religious sentimental crass!

Deathgasm, Jason Lei Howden
Can a movie not be awesome when it has a scene in which two metalheads fight demon possessed christians with their own sex toys? It can't. Highly enjoyable from beginning to end and with a satisfactory amount of blood and intestines, too.
7.5/10

Spy, Paul Feig.
Yesterday night I was like "Ok, wife, you can choose the movie tonight, it's only fair" (I think she didn't love Deathgasm as much as I did). She is a big Melissa McCarthy fan so she chose this one and I was like oh wow I'm going to fall asleep in front of the tv after twenty minutes and\or hate it.
Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty funny and manages to stay interesting for its whole 2 hours, something that not all spoofs manage to do. It didn't turn me into a Melissa McCarthy fan (probably nothing ever will), but luckily there was more than just her in Spy. Mainly Statham, who has a few hilarious scenes.
6.5/10

Hey... 1st post 1000 page!!!