Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith -

Yep, I hold the highly controversial opinion that this is actually the least awful prequel.
Is that sarcasm or do people not believe this? Despite the horribleness that are the prequels, I'm sure Episode III is regarded as the least awful of them all.

I'm even saying this after I went to a midnight screening of it and heard nothing but booing when the credits rolled.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Is that sarcasm or do people not believe this? Despite the horribleness that are the prequels, I'm sue Episode III is regarded as the least awful of them all.

I'm even saying this after I went to a midnight screening of it and heard nothing but booing when the credits rolled.
Yeah, it was just sarcasm.

I'm trying MoFos. This was horror watch #2 for October and my first Carpenter. I liked it for the first forty-five minutes but it spent the last hour losing all that. The character building was pretty good and I like the setting of Antarctica. Once the horror aspect starts the film loses me. This film is an example of what people say about practical effects being rubbish to me. The gross out bloody effects were less than impressive and certainly didn't generate any kind of emotional response. I also thought the writing and editing was less than stellar. The editing felt like it was made with commercials in mind, very strange. Not a great start to my Carpenter viewing but I am glad I saw it. Hopefully Halloween will grab me more.

This film is an example of what people say about practical effects being rubbish to me. The gross out bloody effects were less than impressive

I also thought the writing and editing was less than stellar.
My reaction:

anyway.....

Scream

I tried to like it, but it seemed too self absorbed in how clever it is. None of the characters were very interesting except Sidney, and I certainly don't think it satirized the genre well enough. It just left it as a generic slasher. Nightmare on Elm Street is much better.

This came on last night.
Fantastic Mr Fox.

I'd never heard of it.
9/10.
My favourite animation before this one was The Incredibles but Mr Fox is better.
He is just so cool.

Great story from Roald Dahl.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

I don't think I will ever get enough of Ridley Scott's aesthetic. His vision of what sci-fi looks like on screen, never fails to impress. He did a good job on this one, because I have harbored a strong disdain for Damon after he tried to kill Coop a while back.

Kristen Wiig and Donald Glover where bright spots for me. It was inspired casting and they really seemed to be a perfect fit for their roles.

Try explaining that soundtrack to someone who hasn't seen the movie.

As it's Ridley Scott directing,I'll give it bash.

You've Got Red On You.
I saw Pan last night and was deeply disappointed. Incredibly poor characterisations, sub standard acting on the most part, wafer thin narrative and accents that made me want to cut my ears off. IT was just awful, It put me in mind of a cross between George of the Jungle and a low budget version of Indiana Jones. I wish I had stayed at home and watched Hook again.

2/10.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Dr. Everett Scott: Janet!

Janet: Dr. Scott!

Brad: Janet!

Janet: Brad!

Frank: Rocky!

[Rocky grunts]

Dr. Everett Scott: Janet!

Janet: Dr. Scott!

Brad: Janet!

Janet: Brad!

Frank: Rocky!

[Rocky grunts]

You've changed a lot since you've gotten married.

I prefer Scream to Nightmare, but I can see why someone might go the other way with it. I love slashers and I think this is a great example of the sub-genre.

It'd be interesting to see how I'd experience seeing it for the first time now, having had this kind of post modern horror for 20 years.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think Sean will like Halloween. I think the lack of 'horror' will work in its favour with him.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Ms 45

Taxi Driver meets Repulsion. This is a twisted and sinister little film that completely subverts expectations at every turn. On the surface this might appear to be just a simple exploitation revenge film, but there's a surprising amount of thematic depth lying beneath the surface. It's a sharply executed character-study, a beautifully-crafted mood piece, and an examination of the typical revenge tropes. Need to see more from Ferrara, the man is very talented.

I have seen this movie so many times. It is one of my Top 20 all time favorite films, my favorite horror movie, and a childhood classic that told me to never go into the water. My girlfriend however, never saw it until I showed it to here this week. And I could tell she never saw it every time she jumped when Jaws popped out of the water. But she was jumping into my arms so who am I to complain. She loved it, and agrees men and women have no business going into the water.