Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

National Lampoon's Animal House (Landis, 1978)

Really loved this one. First off, as always, Belushi is hilarious (might cause controversy, but Belushi > Aykroyd) as I enjoy his style and humor. To think that this was his second film ever is amazing. For the film itself, it was all over the place, filled with an abundance of supporting characters - one might criticize this aspect as being hectic, but for me it meant good synergy. The raw anarchic nature is what makes this a classic.

+

i watch Hollywood latest movie "The martian"
That is realy good movie

Kubrick makes you travel through the mind of Alex, makes you feel everything he feels...]
I had no idea Alex was so bored. Well, you live and learn.

This movie even has me rethinking my love for Paxton
It's nice to have you on board, Sean.

The Amityville horror

Never saw anything amityville but I've heard the name before. I didn't know it was just a Shining rip off.
I don't know if this was the original or the remake, but the original was out before The Shining and 'based on a true story' which is said to've occurred in the early 70's. The book came out a couple of years before the film and was a huge best seller.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Martian (2015)

This was a really good movie.

I honestly expected to be bored, but I was not bored for a second. I've never been a fan of Matt Damon, but he does a fine job here, as do all the supporting cast (I would watch Chiwetel Ejiofor in pretty much anything). This film is smart, funny and mostly avoids too much cheese or sentimentality. It looks great, although I thought a few scenes were shot with one eye on the 3D market, which was a bit irksome. It's uber-mainstream. My parents would like this film. This is both its triumph and its flaw. I think it's a really wide-appeal film, but perhaps lacking in the sort of detail or emotion or style that might make me connect more individually to a film. It's very much a surface film, with no real delving into the potential psychological aspects of being stranded on Mars, for example. It assumes the value of space exploration and doesn't touch on the moral question of whether it is worth the expense of sending rations to Mars to save one person when there are many people starving on Earth. But it doesn't really need to, we can think about these questions afterwards. Besides, it seems churlish to criticise the film for what it isn't. If you wanted something different, watch a different movie. This movie knows the story its telling and concentrates on it very well to tell it very well. And there's something satisfying about seeing problems solved with science rather than with violence. I think this is a future classic and a fine return to form for Sir Ridley.

The Defiant Ones (1958)

-

I think director Stanley Kramer made 4 better 60's movies, but this is right up there. Sidney Poitier and Tony Curtis are escaped convicts chained together, and that's the set-up for what it's really about-race relations. A good flick that means something.

What an annoying and obnoxious character. They all are in that film, but he takes the cake.

The biggest feat of that film is Rob Zombies ability to give Sid Haig an incredibly punchable face.

Sense and Sensibility - 4/10. 12-14 attempts to finish it. I like something that is remotely English but this was too hard to digest!

Definitely more of an 80's action flick which I know a lot of people from my generation love but is a negative for me. I really love the look and feel of this world but the characters in this one ...not so much. This movie even has me rethinking my love for Paxton. I like Ripley but not nearly as much as the first one. In fact everything in this one is a couple steps below the first for me and I am not even the biggest lover of that one ever. All in all I am glad I am finally getting to these movies but they won't be replacing Star Wars as my favorite franchise any time soon.

Iro is right. Devils Rejects is terrible.

Even I enjoyed The Devil Reject, I dislike horror films in general, don't care for gory stuff, it was kind of funny and the ending is great. Compared to other horror films I think it's pretty good haha