Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've not seen the film, but no substance after three minutes?
I flipped it on randomly, probably in the middle of the movie, and couldn't watch after three minutes...

I can understand turning it off because you didn't like it, but even though it probably doesn't/only has as much as the original, I didn't understand saying it had no substance. That was all.

I generally don't like remakes but thought the Keanu Reeves remake was pretty good. It had a different message, one that people who believe that animals and the environment should be respected would like. I've not seen many movies that took that stance. I don't want to give away the plot twist because it's a major revival in the film.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm sure HK would appreciate me pointing out that tomorrow at 9pm on True Entertainment (Sky channel 184, Freeview channel 61) you can watch Sam Peckinpah's Convoy; one of the films that has the great privilege to reside on HK's top 100 films list.

In fact on just after Convoy is the 1963 British film The Servant which I believe is quite well thought of

Yep, The Servant is quite well thought of. I remember it as quite a good film. I think I saw it around the same time I first saw Victim and Room At The Top.

Convoy is great.

9/16

Starting tonight at 8pm on TCM is Godard day.. I couldn't stand "Breathless" but if some of you guys have recommendations of his other films, please reply for me and everyone else on here. I have a DVR and I plan to use it

Those in the UK. Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief is on Sky Atlantic now. Started at 10pm, so go to +1 at 11 to get it from the very start.

9/27 - TCM - 4pm

Bringing Up Baby (I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes.. I don't like screwballs, slapstick, etc., but I know MANY on here do love the film, so here's looking at you kids

9/30 - TCM 10pm - "Now, Voyager"

I haven't seen this, but will DVR it. If anyone HAS seen this, I'd love to hear your review, as I have a few films, but not sure what to dive in first.

I've not seen it for years, but I liked Now, Voyager. Those who don't like or can't get into classic Hollywood rarely care much for it, though in my experience. I saw this back to back with Dark Victory which I preferred.

9/30 - TCM 10pm - "Now, Voyager"

I haven't seen this, but will DVR it. If anyone HAS seen this, I'd love to hear your review, as I have a few films, but not sure what to dive in first.
It has been a few years since I seen Now, Voyager (strange title for a film). I would give it a solid
+ It's highly dramatic, I guess it could be called melodramatic. If you like that kind of film you should like it. It's considered one of Bette Davis' best films and she made a lot of great films.

Columbo: Dead Weight (1971), 5USA, 6.35pm
Bridesmaids, Channel 4, 9pm
Practical Magic, ITV2, 9pm
The Blues Brothers, ITV4. 9pm
The Dark Knight, TCM, 9pm
Iron Man (2008), Film4, 9pm
Amityville II: The Possession, 5*, 11pm
The Day of the Jackal (1973), ITV4, 11.35pm
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, BBC1, 11.55pm
Memento, Film4, 1:20am
Joy Division, BBC4, 2.05am

I find it hard to know what movies are airing here because the EPG is in the local language and there is no way to change it (my set top box is set for English) but for local channels and movie channels the EPG is still in Georgian even if you look at the website its impossible because they change the names of the movies. This is something I thought you weren't supposed to do.

Does space run out?

High Plains Drifter, ITV4, 9pm
The Wild Bunch, ITV4, 11:15pm
Haywire, Channel 4, 12:10am
Sexy Killer, horror channel, 12:45am
Corridors of Blood (1958), BBC2, 12:55am
Nowhere Boy, Film4, 1:10am
An American Haunting, horror channel, 2:30am

Scream 4, 5*, 9pm
I Know What You Did Last Summer, BBC3, 10pm
The Fifth Element, Channel 5, 10:25pm
High Plains Drifter, ITV4, 10:45pm