Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Obviously I'm overexaggerating guys, my review was just for laughs.

Apart from the animal cruelty I'm fine with it. Still nasty and violent, especially for a 1980 feature, but I'm not screaming in disgust or anything. I bet I would have died watching this back then in all its glory. But yeah, all in all the uncut version is definitely worthy of "the most controversial movie ever made", though again, it's mainly the animal cruelty that pushes it for me.
The only reason i haven't watched it is because everyone has said it isn't as good or depraved as you've heard, from that i always expect people to be disappointed rather than disgusted nowadays, so this kinda makes me more intrigued.

Why is it different? It's the slaughtering of animals. There's no difference.

Oh I get what you meant. Nevermind. I disagree but I don't care to argue about it.

Why is it different? It's the slaughtering of animals. There's no difference.
Yes and no.

Coppola is wrong for putting it in his movie, but he is not the executioner. It is a cultural thing carried out by people who are not part of the movie's production in any way. I don't agree with it and I don't like the scene at all, but it's not entirely the same.

Think about it as the difference between a documentary and a feature film... Let's say it's a doc about halal slaughter. I don't support it in any way, but the filmmakers are simply documenting what is already going on. Opposed to if they made a feature film and set up the whole slaughter themselves with the execution being done only for the sake of entertainment.

You see what I mean? Again, both is wrong, animals get slaughtered, but the methods and medium is different. The guilt doesn't lie with cinema and entertainment if it's documenting culture...

Got around to watching Nightcrawler last night. Jake was one creepy motherfuc*er in that film.

4.5/5 - really great stuff. Fantastic acting and beautifully shot.

I love animals and obviously I'm against animal cruelty, but that haven't got much say in this context. The animal torturing in this movie is just wrong and yes it was actually worse than I expected. I was mad, disgusted and it may have done to me what it aimed for, but it's not right to torture any living thing for the sake of entertainment or to carry out a message - even if the message is good.

There were good bits in this film, but if there is ever going to be a next time for me I'll go with the 'cruelty free' version...
Yeah I pretty much share your sentiments when it comes to that subject. I also agree with you about Apocalypse Now, I love the film but don't agree with putting that scene in there. At the same time though it's a little bit more forgiving since it was something that was gonna happen anyway and they just filmed it from the sidelines.

As for Cannibal Holocaust supposedly taking animals and killing them just for the sake of their movie. That's something that I don't agree with at all and think is stupid. You really don't need to kill anything for the sake of "art" or whatever they were going for.

Also quick question for anyone who knows, but do you know if they actually killed animals in Patton? It really looked like they actually shot some vultures in the beginning of the film, though nothing has ever really been said about it. Something I always wondered since seeing it. If they did then that's unfortunate but also not gonna freak out about it or anything.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation 8.5/10
Furious 7 8/10
The Transporter Refueled 5/10
The Transporter Refueled can get 10/10 if Jason Statham plays the lead role...

Welcome to the human race...
Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning -

Once you get over the fact that it's a direct-to-video sequel starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren, it's actually a surprisingly well-made arthouse action movie.

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning -

Once you get over the fact that it's a direct-to-video sequel starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren, it's actually a surprisingly well-made arthouse action movie.
Is that the one with bald JCVD at the end? My friend showed me that scene so no idea about the rest.

Night and Fog (1955)

I barely took a breath during it's half hour runtime. Horrifying stuff.

The Decline of the American Empire (1986)

Thoughts posted in the Comedy Hall of Fame thread.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Macbeth (2015) - wtf did I just watch...Didn't even understand half of the film haha, old English + Scottish accent, they need to put subs in the cinema
Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble! Cha cha cha!

Trainspotting (1996)- 8.5/10
Good cinematography, great acting around the board, if ya can deal with very strong Scottish accents, would highly recommend