The 7th MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Why you didn't wait for PG? He watch all these movies for nothing... not cool..

I'm not the host, so I'm not going to tell people what to do, but I would have probably send at least one PM around close to deadline to be sure everyone was aware and that they at least got one warning.

Anyways, I just thought I missed the entire revealing, thankfully I didn't! In how many hours are we going to see the last few, raul?

And my nomination made it to the top 10, I'm happy. Thanks guys, glad many of you enjoyed it!

How about knowing what the deadline is and watching the movies. He mentioned it a bunch and extended it. Good God.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Yeah, though the PM could have in fact happened, Sean and Raul are right, the deadline was announced and extended and announced again.

Chill guys, I'm only saying.

I don't mind, I even personally asked twice about the deadline and got a reply both times, I'm satisfied and had no problem remembering the deadline and turning my list in.

I'm only saying maybe a single PM could have been cool, but of course it would just be an extra service and not obligatory... You did/are doing a fine job, raul, hosting this HoF and the PMs you might not have sent towards the end you did in the beginning, when I was lazy and you had to kick me around a bit haha

Can't wait for the final results!

It's ok, I don't mind I enjoyed most movies I watched (except Blues Brothers), but unfortunately for Raul I would have put Shawshank at #2 so it's his loss haha.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
5. Before Sunrise
122 Points

4. Being John Malkovich
124 Points

3. Take Shelter
132 Points

2. Harakiri
144 Points

1. Shawshank Redemption
162 Points

Of the films I've seen, I would have voted Shawshank Redemption #1.....Congrats Raul!

I love many of the nominations: Being John Malkovich, Letter From an Unknown Woman, Freaks, The Hustler... I could see those being my #1 as well.

Mildly disappointed. I think Shawshank is an excellent film, but I don't truly love it. Glad to see Malkovich rank as high as it did, though, and I liked 4 of the top 5 films.

Congrats, raul.

1.Shawshank Redemption
2.Inglorious Basterds
3.Before Sunrise
4. Being John Malkovich
5. Take Shelter
6. The Hustler
7. You Can't Take It With You
8. Killer Joe
9. Harakiri
10. Festen
11. Freaks
12. The Blues Brothers
13. Letter From An Unknown Woman
14. Bob Le Flambeur
15. Wolf Children
16. Tale Of Princess Kaguya
17. The Poker House
18. Platform

Here is my list. I thought the top ten were all very good movies and the top five I absolutely love. This was a very good HOF. I know Shawshank gets a bit of a negative rep because of the IMDB thing but this shows it is a movie that resonates in some way with the vast majority of people. Shawshank is also a movie that worked for what is now a very broad audience. I lived in St. Pete Florida at the time of its release, not exactly a small town, and the theater was empty at my viewing. This was not a blockbuster film oreven a slick Oscar movie. It got seen and became popular through word of mouth. Honestly, not all that different of a journey than Pulp Fiction had the same year. Shawshank does have the benefit of being melodrama so you can show it to grandma and feel okay about it. Still, not the major mainstream film upon its release that it has become.

Anyway, anyone who has been here very long knows I love it and I am very glad it has a place on our HOF list. Great job MoFos.

My prediction...

5. Before Sunrise
4. Being John Malkovich
3. Take Shelter
2. Harakiri
1. Shawshank

Anyways, I had much fun with this HoF, but I'm not exactly happy with that #1 there. But lots of good films and I like the general ranking quite a lot. I think I messed up my ranking a bit, since I may have wanted 11-13 to be mixed up a bit. Anyways, here's my list...

1. Festen
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Before Sunrise
4. Wolf Children
5. Being John Malkovich
6. Take Shelter
7. You Can't Take It with You
8. Harakiri
9. Letter from an Unknown Woman
10. The Shawshank Redemption
11. The Poker House
12. Killer Joe