Television Tab

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I don't know if anyone on here watches this show or not so perhaps I'll just be addressing no-one in particular. But how poor was the finale of Falling Skies? I know it was perhaps never an amazing show and it feels like it was running on fumes for quite a while now but still, after five years of build-up what an exceptionally underwhelming way to end the series. Just felt so rushed with some dreadful writing.

Aside from that I've been testing out a few new shows of late with a good level of success. I've watched a few episodes of iZombie and really enjoyed them. If it goes into a big vampire-based mythology I'm not sure I'll be on board but I'm liking the stand-alone episodes. I've also watched the first two episodes of Mr. Robot and found it greatly intriguing. It doesn't really seem like a TV show at times, feeling and looking more cinematic. I feel that it has quite a Fight Club vibe to it as well, like its spiritual successor in a way. And it's always nice to see Christian Slater.

Then there's Aquarius which I've only seen one episode of. Thought it was ok though I'm certainly not sold on it yet, will give it another few episodes though to see where it's heading. The biggest hit though would have to be Netflix's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Anyone on here watched it? I've watched the first 7 or 8 episodes so far and I'm loving it. Extremely funny and I'm sort of love with Ellie Kemper who plays Kimmy, she's just adorable

I did see it. It was very well done and extremely gripping. The series seems to have potential and hopefully they keep up the great work.
I still have to watch the rest of The Walking Dead, but this spin-off is off to a good start

Favorite current show is The Last Ship. Who's with me?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh I forgot to mention the other new show I've given a shot to recently. I watched the first episode of Blunt Talk and thought it was pretty great. Certainly looks like it will be worth watching, if for no other reason than the brilliance of Sir Patrick Stewart.

Favorite current show is The Last Ship. Who's with me?
I've heard of it, but not interested in seeing the series, to be honest. Anything that Michael Bay directs seems doubtful.

Also, anyone watched Arrow season 4 trailer? I liked it, but you can't tell by the looks of it, if it will be better than the disappointing Season 3. I hope it is. It's one of my favorite TV shows.

Also, anyone watched Arrow season 4 trailer? I liked it, but you can't tell by the looks of it, if it will be better than the disappointing Season 3. I hope it is. It's one of my favorite TV shows.
Just saw it a few minutes ago on Twitter. Can't wait !!!

Children's Hospital is the funniest show I've seen in a long time. The episodes are pretty short, scheduled to run on a 15 minute block. So they're like 11-12 minutes usually, but the Pilot is a bit shorter. It's all about a show called Children's Hospital, so it's actually a show within a show. It's a dysfunctional hospital with a lot of racial, sexual, and politically incorrect humour. So if you find that kind of stuff offensive then you won't like it.

That's intetesting... I was about to quit on this second season, but then came episode 6. It took way too long and the season as a whole can't be saved, but this was a solid episode. Pretty great in fact. Finally the drama had some meaning, the dialogue had personality, the characters were going places and though the story is still messy the mess i being brushed forward at a stronger pace. And Vince Vaughn man, I was excited to see him join but most people weren't. I think he is one of the best things about this season, though it shouldn't be hard to stand out somewhat. Story is definitely the weakest point of this season, but this episode surprised me... I now look forward to the last two episodes.

When I first read that I thought you meant Children's Ward. It's a very different programme and one I was surprised to see you recommending.

Children's Ward is pretty funny too, because the acting is so bad.

Fear the Walking Dead is just okay so far. 3rd episode was the weakest of what we've got, in my opinion.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
On episode 5 of True Detective Season 2 and it's not looking better in any way... worse actually.

I almost don't want to finish it.
You made it one episode further than me. Good to see you powered through and found ep. 6 to have some merit.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Did anyone watch "The Gamechangers" on BBC? I don't think they are showing it on BBC America, which is just a sad little channel to begin with.

I watched it. I thought it was quite good and I certainly enjoyed it. Here's something you don't hear me say too often, I really liked Bill Paxton in this. I don't know if he had the most interesting role in the story, but he certainly portrayed the most interesting character and I'd have loved to've seen more between him and Fiona Ramsay, who played his wife. They were both really good. That said, he did remind me quite a bit of his role in Frailty (which is great, BTW, go see it if you haven't) so maybe I like Bill as a religious zealot?

While I liked it, I'd liked to have liked more and it felt far too lightweight. I wasn't quite sure if this felt as if it needed half an hour more or less in order to feel weightier?

At no point did I feel the danger or intensity which I expect the makers wanted to convey, so it all just played in front of me. Entertaining, but little more. That's OK, but I felt it wanted to be a little bit more.