Nope's 50 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Hey guys, I've been apart of this forum for about three months now, and so I thought it was just about time that I tell you my 50 Favorite Movies as of right now. I was going to make this list about a week ago, but that was just when Gunslinger's list came up. So now that his list is finished, here is mine. Enjoy.

List So Far

1. Fight Club
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Raging Bull
5. Citizen Kane
6. Fargo
7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
8. Casablanca
9. Dr Stangelove
10. North by Northwest
11. Modern Times
12. Singin' in the Rain
13. The Shawshank Redemption
14. Whiplash
15. Memento
16. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
17. Shaun of the Dead
18. 12 Angry Men
19. The Usual Suspects
20. Taxi Driver
21. The Road Warrior
22. Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2
23. The Big Lebowski
24. Being John Malkovich
25. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
26. Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
27. Jurassic Park
28. American Beauty
29. Donnie Darko
30. The Graduate
31. Back to the Future Part II
32. Back to the Future
33. The Bridge on the River Kwai
34. In Bruges
35. Pinocchio
36. Rear Window
37. Adaptation.
38. The Day the Earth Stood Still
39. Star Wars
40. Raiders of the Lost Ark
41. Toy Story
42. Léon: The Professional
43. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
44. Chinatown
45. The Departed
46. The Deer Hunter
47. The Maltese Falcon
48. Groundhog Day
49. Ed Wood
50. Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine

I defiantly did not love Little Miss Sunshine because it was funny, even though it was hilarious. Most of the reason I loved this movie so much was because of the characters, the screenplay, the action, and pretty much everything else. A great film to start off this list.
My Review

Ed Wood

Ed Wood is one of my favorite movie characters of all time, and he is definitely what drives this movie. He is one of the most relatable characters ever put to film, and he is written and acted perfectly. Johnny Depp is great, and this is my favorite Tim Burton movie.

Haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine and only saw one part of Ed Wood, but you know I'll be following this! Can't wait for the rest!

Groundhog Day

Possibly the best concept ever put to film, Groundhog Day is carried purely by Bill Murray. He is brilliant as his character and probably should have been nominated for an oscar. I know the repeating day gimmick has been done to death by now, but this movie sit it the best.

The Maltese Falcon

Another movie driven by a great performance, The Maltese Falcon is one of the finest film noir of all time (or at least that I have seen). It is a gripping fun script that has been homaged and ripped off to death (even by The Big Lebowski, look it up!) Great movie and one of Humphry Bogart's best.

Haven't seen Groundhog Day but have seen The Maltese Falcon. Great noir with one of the best ending lines ever!

The Deer Hunter

One of, if not the saddest movie I've ever seen, The Deer Hunter is overflowing with great performances. Robert DeNiro, Christopher Walken, Meryl Strep, John Savage, and John Cazale were all at the top of their game, a fantastic, although depressing film.

The Departed

While it's nowhere near Scorsese's best, it is one of the greatest movies from the 2000s. I have not yet seen the original Infernal Affairs, but I definitely plan to. It was very surprising to see each member of the very large cast pull their own, especially Marky Mark. This is also probably the best performance by either Leonardo DiCaprio or Matt Damon to date.

Chinatown

I love a movie with a good ending, and this has one of the best. Everything leading up to it is also done perfectly. Before I saw the movie for the first time I was given the screenplay in book form as a gift. I read it and then had to see the film to see how everything would be shown. A good screenplay should be still be good without the movie, and Chinatown is a prime example of that.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

This is one of the only films that is somehow able to perfectly blend action and comedy. I wouldn't really consider this movie to be a western, but if it is, it's one of the best. Paul Newman and Robert Redford have great chemistry that is also shown in The Sting, a movie that was close to making my list.

Léon: The Professional

In this film, Natalie Portman delivers one of the greatest child performances of all time, and Jean Reno was born to play his role. This movie is nothing but fun non-stop action, with good performances and characters to back it up. Gary Oldman is also great as always.

Toy Story

The first animated film to make my list, Toy Story is mainly on here just because of how impressive it is. It's incredible to think that the first CGI animated film still holds up incredibly today, and doesn't look half bat either. Also this movie is the most nostalgic to me because it was one of the first movies I ever saw.

Well its allot easier to focus on your very best list when you have only 50 slots but let me tell ya 500 isnt real easy either cause someone somewhere will not like something about a movie list.

Little Miss Sunshine

I defiantly did not love Little Miss Sunshine because it was funny, even though it was hilarious. Most of the reason I loved this movie so much was because of the characters, the screenplay, the action, and pretty much everything else. A great film to start off this list.
My Review
Very good movie. It was written by the same person as Brave, but this is so much better than Brave was.