Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I may have seen it as a kid but I need to rewatch that. I love love love The Band.
Do it and enjoy. I am sitting listening to the album now and I never sit at home and listen to music.

Which album did you buy, Sean?
Bought The Last Waltz. Got a ton of music and some stuff from the guests too. I will get some use out of it.

[rating*]0 to 5[/rating] without the *
Thanks!

Bought The Last Waltz. Got a ton of music and some stuff from the guests too. I will get some use out of it.
Probably a fantastic album no doubt, considering the talent involved. I bet my dad has it. Maybe I'll get it from him.

Probably a fantastic album no doubt, considering the talent involved. I bet my dad has it. Maybe I'll get it from him.
Seriously dude, when they all sing at the end I got chills. So many greats on one stage. Gotta be the greatest concert ever. I can't even imagine being there.

unfriended 7/10
eraserhead 8.5/10

Jerry Maguire (1996) - Cameron Crowe

- Nice entertaining movie for a Thursday night. Tom Cruise is good in the movie but the film is surround by many cliché that tick me a little bit but in spite of that I appreciate watching it. The direction was great too but no way that Cuba Gooding Jr deserved the oscar more than Ed Norton in Primal Fear.

Totally agree, The Last Waltz is the finest concert film ever. My favorite tunes are "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," and "Ophelia" but all the songs are fantastic.

Having Wonderful Time (1938)

Ginger Rogers is beautiful and funny in this light romantic comedy. She works in a typing pool in New York and gets a vacation to a camp in the Catskills of New York. There, she meets a young waiter, played by Douglas Fairbanks Jr. (just one year from Gunga Din) and of course they meet cute, and then struggle with their attraction for the entire film. This is not a classic cinematic venture by any means, just good, clean fluff, but it's never boring. Ginger and Douglas are helped throughout the picture by a young Lucille Ball, Red Skelton (in his first movie), Eve Arden, Donald Meek, and Jack Carson. Nice little time filler, and a good one for me to ogle Ginger, as she was a knockout in her youth.

American Movie - 8/10

This was pretty great. I found it hilarious, awkward, inspiring and even pretty sad at points. Marks passion really came through in a big way and it was both inspiring and exhausting to watch his dedication to finally finishing this project. Watching the whole process was very interesting but more than anything I just liked spending time with these loveable weirdos. Uncle Bill is the man, his cameo was clearly the best part of the movie , and it was sweet what you find out at the end.

The Terminator

Watched It and loved henry cevil

Straight Outta Compton was an 8/10 for me, minus the minor historical inaccuracy. But then again, what movies (besides documentaries) are 100% historically correct?

Rambo 3/5

Superman 4/5

Terminator Genesys 9/10

I will watching the cold justice Maybe

Far From the Madding Crowd (2015) - Thomas Vinterberg
I didn't go into this with high expectations (I don't always enjoy British costume dramas) but I really enjoyed it. Carey Mulligan is great, which comes as no surprise as she is one of the best actresses of her generation, but what really makes this work is that the three actors playing opposite her are also very good and all three relationships work very well. Overall Vinterberg's output has been a bit up and down with a couple of masterpieces mixed with some mediocrity but this is one of his better films IMO.

Finished here. It's been fun.

L'Argent
-

Bresson's bleak final statment on humanity asserts that society is the root of all evil. Yes sir, this capitalistic society of ours was doomed from the start, forming a perpetual never-ending cycle of crime and murder. Evil stems not from the soul, but from the corrupted mind. Corrupted by money and the capitalistic pursuit of wealth. Bresson's worldview is harsh and unflinching, refusing to sprinkle any sense of hope in his final film. The message heard clearly; the final scene in his career echoes the sentiment that the cycle has no end. The heads of men lean forth, pondering what went wrong with Yvon. A strong end to Bresson's film career.