Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Classe Tous Risque (Sautet, 1960)

Maybe I'm just spoiled because of Godard and Melville but for me Classe Tous Risque was just an average film in an age full of films that were similar to it (today: superhero movies). I did like how the characters were portrayed; archetypes common today but in this film actually fit in.

-

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
WTF, Crysis rip off!

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
Cure -

You can pick apart the ways in which it seems derivative of other psychological thrillers like Spoorloos or Se7en, but it's still a well-made film in its own right that has an intriguing slow-burn concept that parcels out information at just the right pace. The only issue is that the film's "villain" is incredibly irritating, even though the reasons for his more obnoxious-seeming behaviour are justified in-story.

NO ESCAPE OR ESCAPE FROM ABSOLOM (1994) RAY LIOTTA IS GREAT IN THIS VERY UNDERRATED FILM DIRECTED BY MARTIN CAMPBELL

Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's (2013)
8/10 Some may say it's a superficial documentary, but it's a wonderful little treat for those who love fashion

Nightmare Detective (2006) - Shinya Tsukamoto
Tsukamoto is probably best known for Tetsuo: The Iron Man - a real WTF film if there ever was one. This movie has moments of craziness reminiscent of that film but overall it's a much more standard Japanese horror film. It seems to take ideas from other J-horror films along with A Nightmare on Elm Street as it mixes the use of technology with dreams. Whilst it never really reaches any great heights it is a decent enough film with a few creepy moments.

+

Master of My Domain
Quaratine (Erick Dowdle, 2008)

Hey guys, let's play a game of Spot the Redeeming Quality!

LAMESCARE LAMESCARE BEENTHEREDONETHAT EVENLAMERSCARE ANNOYING SHAKYCAM BORINGCHARACTER BEENTHEREDONETHAT UGHREALLYGUYS THUMPBUMPSCREAM ANOTHERALAMESCARE BOOOORING RIPSOFSCENESFROMREC

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Wolf Children (2012)
rewatch

Magical, mystical, marvelous.

Yes, Yes, and YES!!!
Beautiful, wonderful movie!

Went to two very extremes last night

Bronson
Violent, bloody, intense, and at times; bizarre. Tom Hardy captures "Britian's Most Violent Prisoner" and unleashes him.

Silver Lining Playbook
An Engaging and very enjoyable RomCom from the get-go.

Quaratine (Erick Dowdle, 2008)

Hey guys, let's play a game of Spot the Redeeming Quality!

LAMESCARE LAMESCARE BEENTHEREDONETHAT EVENLAMERSCARE ANNOYING SHAKYCAM BORINGCHARACTER BEENTHEREDONETHAT UGHREALLYGUYS THUMPBUMPSCREAM ANOTHERALAMESCARE BOOOORING RIPSOFSCENESFROMREC

Apart from the last sentence I don't see why it can't apply to REC as well...

Personally, when knowing Quarantine is mostly a shot for shot remake, I think it does it better overall. I don't care I still like the movie, I don't give a F which came first...

QUARANTINE

Welcome to the human race...
Pretty in Pink -

Considering how I apparently thought Sixteen Candles was worthy of a bottom 100 list, the odds of me genuinely liking its slightly more focused younger sister were minimal. Pure '80s hell, but not always in a bad way.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Mean Girls

Every once in awhile, there's a movie that I really like that everyone else hates. It just happened again. Now of course I'm a big McAdams fan and she was great it there is more to it then that. I think this is a very enjoyable comedy and it's a shame Lohan is up to trouble daily because she could have had a decent career maybe. I think Feys writing was really good here. I know I'm alone but I thought it was quite solid.

Your not completely alone. Your probably a star higher then me, although it's been forever, I thought it was solid though.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
They Live

A very fun action movie with one of the best sic-fi concepts of all time. The movie delivers great social commentary in between cheesy and entertaining action scenes. RIP Roddy Piper