Song Tournament #12

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I updated the first post with the nominations we have so far. Anyone who hasn't nominated 16 songs yet and adds more songs to your list, or anyone who changes any nominations, please let me know so I can update the first post. Thank You.

A lot of great nominations there, Gatsby. Glad to see you dug the Opeth.

Though I personally prefer Fiona Apple's version of "Sally's Song". It's honestly one of my favorite Fiona tunes, and I'm a big fan of her. I also love her cover of "Across the Universe."

Master of My Domain
Oh sh*t, totally forgot about the better version.

Edit coming soon.

My nominations (hard to think in terms of songs since I think in terms of albums), the 10 minute rule is hard because many of my favorite songs are over 10 minutes including most classical symphonic movements, then it's asked to not nominate metal, effectively excluding most good music (well, to me at least ), though I will try to find something more melodic and lighter, accessible to the non-metal head. Well so I will also put some of my favorite film scores as well:

1) Black Sabbath - The Headless Cross
2) Black Sabbath - I
3) Joe Hisaishi - The Underworld ((Adagio of Life and Death))
4) Joe Hisaishi - Legend of Ashitaka
5) Joe Hisaishi - Sixth Stop
6) Iron Maiden - Powerslave
7) Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera
8) Judas Priest- Beyond the Realms of Death
9) Judas Priest- Blood Red Skies
10) Schubert - 6th Symphony 2nd movement
11) Ensiferum - Lai Lai Lei
12) Metallica - Fade to Black
13) Kow Otani - Blight
14) Beethoven - 7th Symphony 2nd movement
15) Wagner - Die Walkure
16) Helloween - March of Time

I notice one thing: stuff that I love the most are epic sounding stuff (no matter the genre). Best set of 16 songs ever.

Edit: Weird, the links are not showing up in the way they are supposed to show.

Master of My Domain
Gatsby, a couple of your videos are linking to the wrong songs.

Joan Jett - New Orleans is linking to "Weird Al" Yankovic - Smells Like Nirvana
Queen - Bicycle Race is linking to Mudhoney - Here Comes Sickness
Sorry, it's because I have too many tabs open at once.

You know what, I'm gonna change my nominations by getting rid of the Queen and Munhoney song and instead adding Smells Like Nirvana and keeping New Orleans.

My nominations (hard to think in terms of songs since I think in terms of albums), the 10 minute rule is hard because many of my favorite songs are over 10 minutes including most classical symphonic movements, then it's asked to not nominate metal, effectively excluding most good music (well, to me at least ), though I will try to find something more melodic and lighter, accessible to the non-metal head. Well so I will also put some of my favorite film scores as well:

I notice one thing: stuff that I love the most are epic sounding stuff (no matter the genre). Best set of 16 songs ever.

Edit: Weird, the links are not showing up in the way they are supposed to show.

Guap, to fix your links, you have to change the "www" part of the link to "m".

I fixed them for the list in the first post, but you'll have to edit the links in your post.

Sorry, it's because I have too many tabs open at once.

You know what, I'm gonna change my nominations by getting rid of the Queen and Munhoney song and instead adding Smells Like Nirvana and New Orleans.

If I counted correctly, you only have 14 songs. You can nominate 16 songs, so let me know which are the correct 16 songs when you're finished.

If I counted the people who joined correctly, we now have 16 people who joined, so if everyone nominates 16 songs, that should give us 256 songs for this Mega-Tournament.

If you joined this tournament, your name should be listed in the first post. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

This page has a list of banned songs after 9/11, and this is on the list:

ALANIS MORISSETTE – Ironic

I'm pretty sure that song was only on the Clear Channel memorandum because the lyrics discussed a plane crash (it seems like most of that list was just songs mentioning airplanes or even just the word "Tuesday" - that list was utterly ridiculous).