Television Tab

Tools    

Humans - Series 1 finale of the UK remake series.

Rizzoli & Isles - First four episodes of series 1.

Joanna Lumley's Trans-Siberian Adventure - Last episode of this excellent three part documentary.

Les Témoins/Witnesses - Episode 2.

Rizzoli & Isles - Finished series 1 last night, what a fantastic ending to the series.

Les Témoins/Witnesses - Episode 3.

Sex In Class - Documentary shown on Channel 4 here.

Eastenders - Episode 5115 shown tonight.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Nice to see a new fan of Rizzoli & Isles. It's one of my little favourites. What was the fantastic ending to series 1 though Nausicaa? It's been a good few years now and I can't really remember.

Christine - So what did you make of Wayward Pines now it's done?

^ The slow motion sequence where Rizzoli
WARNING: "Rizzoli" spoilers below
gets the gun to go off through herself to hit the dirty cop so the others can get in to the building faster to save her brother.

Nice to see a new fan of Rizzoli & Isles. It's one of my little favourites. What was the fantastic ending to series 1 though Nausicaa? It's been a good few years now and I can't really remember.

Christine - So what did you make of Wayward Pines now it's done?
It was ok. I'd probably watch a second series but I wouldn't rave about it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It was ok. I'd probably watch a second series but I wouldn't rave about it.
Ha! A friend of mine has been raving about that to me for weeks. I trust your opinion a lot more than his.

Ha! A friend of mine has been raving about that to me for weeks. I trust your opinion a lot more than his.
heh thanks! I don't think JayDee was mad about it either. It was alright though, it filled up a few hours but it seemed more like an amalgam of other futuristic series than anything original.
Are you watching Jordskott? I'm enjoying that.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My TV watching at the moment is mainlining Game of Thrones 1-4 for no other reason than I suppose I'd better watch it and I found that the Swedish Blu Ray box sets are cheaper than the UK ones with exactly the same content (and English menus).

Best home grown drama since Graham Reid's Billy plays.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Cheers!

I prefer consuming serial tv in large bites. I like to stack up my dvr and watch em all at once.

Finished season 2 of The Shield it was really good and I kind of accidently started season 3 recently. Dammit, now I will have to keep watching.

Started season 2 of True Detective as well. Doesn't look too promising, but let's hope it turns out decent. The atmosphere and the acting is great, but the story seems messy and unintetesting, as does the characters.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Seasame Street is moving to HBO!

New episodes premiere on HBO, then broadcast on PBS 9 months later.

Satisfying end to Jordskott . Mixture of mystery, crime and supernatural.
Really? I know I've not been a fan of it and have thought about dropping it a couple of times, but I thought it was crap. I visited a friend yesterday who's really enjoyed it and she was of the same opinion. I think we ended up agreeing that it would've made a much better book than it did a tv programme. It's nice to hear that someone who liked the whole series did enjoy it, though. What was it that you liked?

Jordskott

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I liked the atmosphere in the forest and the thought that there' s a [set up of humans that are there to protect it. I liked the old lady and Wass, I liked Tom and his daughter who could see more than she could say. I didn't think that Eva was a particularly well written character, she was pretty bland, but I liked the way her daughter was subsumed back into the forest instead of being magically rescued.

I can understand this as the characters are extremely "odd" and perhaps unrealistic, and it took me a few episodes to get in to the style of humour, but after that I thought it was brilliant. I thought all seasons were great, the first three more so, and the third was probably my favourite overall. The last few episodes of season three, and especially the finale were perfect.

And for subtle, well a different type of perhaps low-key humour, but I find it hilarious, I love Ricky Gervais' work: The Office, Extras and Derek. Especially the first for me. I've not seen Seinfeld to comment.
Try watching Seinlfeld. I still remember many of it's jokes and it's great "relevance" for my daily life.

Master of My Domain
First five episodes of The Critic (1994 ~1995)

Digging this show so far. The humor isn't surprisingly innovating or anything, but some of the jokes are pure gold and I like the overall concept. Of course, my favorite so far is ep. 2 starring Siskel and Ebert as celebrity guests.

+

And I do believe this is the first time I've posted on here.