The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Considering some of the movies that have made the list so far, it would be a real shame if something like Woman in the Dunes didn't.

Yes like Minio said I'm a pretty ''mainstream'' cinephile and I'm totally ok with that
So am I. That's not really relevant.

It's kind of a falsehood to say you're a "mainstream cinephile" if the reason why you only like mainstream films is because you won't watch arthouse.
I tried but I have no interest at all...

What have you seen? Just out of interest?
He's seen The Woman and he's seen Dune, what more do you guys want?

Master of My Domain
Btw, you're not a cinephile if you only enjoy "mainstream" movies.

Master of My Domain
He's seen The Woman and he's seen Dune, what more do you guys want?
He needs to see 2 Women and 3 Women too.

155 POINTS • 15 LISTS

LOL, that was one of the films I'd marked as "Won't make it" on my list, considering where From Russia with Love was on the main list.

Unregistered User
So is Woman in the Dunes out at this point? I've already given up on The Face of Another
I don't think so. I would be pretty shocked if it was. Although I have yet to see it, I cant see Face of Another showing.

The Breakdown...

Z

4th (22 points), 8th (18 points), 9th (17 points), 11th (15 points), 2x 12th (28 points), 13th (13 points), 14th (12 points), 2x 15th (22 points), 17th (9 points), 24th (2 points)

Last Year at Marienbad

2x 2nd (48 points), 3rd (23 points), 5th (21 points), 8th (18 points), 9th (17 points), 16th (10 points), 19th (7 points), 20th (6 points), 21st (5 points), 23rd (3 points), 25th (1 point)

Notes

Both films were the only to receive their respective amount of points so not tie breaking was needed.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well yes, I'm obviously alone, but that is one of the dullest films I saw for this countdown. Miss Vicky should watch it, she would love it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've yet to see Z, but Last Year at Marienbad is a flawless masterpiece. It was 2nd on my list!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'd give Z,
. The cinematography is superb.

Last Year at Marienbad has been on my watchlist forever

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
All these people saying they couldn't stand Z only make me wanna watch it even more!