Se7en vs Zodiac

Tools    

Two of the greatest Murder Mystery films of all time and yesterday I debated with my friend which was better. I'd like to know other peoples thoughts. Personally I think Se7en is superior as I found the characters much more likeable and the killer much more interesting. Also I felt that film had better performances
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

Zodiac. No debate.

Interested to hear your reasons...
Investigations are more complex and characters are all extremely well performed. Murder scenes are awesome and realistic and the fact that it's actually a real events and a true killer is more than astounding. This movie as so many details and the atmosphere is awesome. Score and sountracks are great (heard it below).

Investigations are more complex and characters are all extremely well performed. Murder scenes are awesome and realistic and the fact that it's actually a real events and a true killer is more than astounding. This movie as so many details and the atmosphere is awesome. Score and sountracks are great (heard it below).
Personally I thought that since the investigations were more complex it made the movie very confusing, often they would speak of a character and I'd have to google which suspect that was. I thought it was interesting how the movie took a look at obsession but it never really went anywhere with it.

I recently rewatched these two movies and while I like them both, I think I'll give Zodiac the edge. Zodiac was less involved with the main characters than Se7en, and I find that the real serial killers are more interesting than the fictitious ones.

For me it s a close call since these are two best mystery movies ever made but i would give the edge to seven because it has the best actors and a better premise of murders. But definitely two best mystery movies

Se7en has the suspension of disbelief as it isn't based on an actual true event, which I think makes it more enjoyable.
Zodiac, being based on true events, albeit with some artistic license, makes it just as good.

Both equally good, but I prefer Se7en. Se7en is a masterpiece in filmmaking.

Both are by David Fincher, how can I choose?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Both are in my top 20, but it's Zodiac for me. Absolutely absorbing thriller.

So far I'm getting the sense that Se7en is the more popular choice. Maybe because people prefer fiction to true stories?