Why Green Lantern in not in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Tools    

Justice League:
1- Superman --- Henry Cavill
2- Batman --- Ben Affleck
3- Wonder Woman --- Gal Gadot
4- The Flash --- Ezra Miller
5- Green Lantern
6- Aquaman --- Jason Momoa
7- Cyborg --- Ray Fisher
all of them are in the Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
but Green lantern is not with them,
also solo movies for all of them we know the actors
but Green Lantern Corps (2020) who is the actor?
Are they waiting for the success of Deadpool and make Ryan Reynolds the hero of Green Lantern?

Ryan Reynolds won't be returning to the role of Green Lantern. The movie was panned and has been dropped from all development in favour of a total reboot in the 2020 movie.

Bear in mind that 2020 is still 4.5 years away, and won't have a cast or director attached for another 2 years at least.

A system of cells interlinked
Thread moved to movie questions. In the future, please take a moment to ensure you are posting in the correct forum.

Thanks!

As for the query - Wasn't there already a Green Lantern solo movie, and wasn't it absolutely terrible and a box office failure?

Besides, there are quite a few other Heroes that are part of The Justice League that aren't showing up in Batman V Superman.
Robin, Nightwing, Supergirl, The Martian Manhunter, The Atom...

... and Shazam (aka: DC Comics' Captain Marvel), though Shazam is getting his own movie soon like Green Lantern is.

it is announced that Movie Cyborg (2020) Ray Fisher will be the actor and it is 4.5 years away,
and Ray Fisher will be in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
and in The Justice League Part One (2017)
I'm very curious to know who is the actor of Green Lantern in Justice League Movies part 1 & 2 or Green Lantern Corps (2020)
I hope Ryan Reynolds will come back, he is a good actor,
also in Shazam! (2019) Dwayne Johnson -- Black Adam,
we must wait and see

Besides, there are quite a few other Heroes that are part of The Justice League that aren't showing up in Batman V Superman.
Robin, Nightwing, Supergirl, The Martian Manhunter, The Atom...

... and Shazam (aka: DC Comics' Captain Marvel), though Shazam is getting his own movie soon like Green Lantern is.
I think the SvB trailer actually already answered why we won't be seeing Robin, or am I wrong?

It's just the way it goes sometimes. Cyborg is showing up in BvS, but Green Lantern isn't.

In this case, Green Lantern isn't going to be seen until 2020 and the Cyborg movie is set to be released at the same time.
It's just how it goes in the movie world.

I will say though if you're interested in casting... Chris Pine has been in talks to star as Hal Jordan but as I said, with the movie being a total reboot because of Ryan Reynolds' movie being a total failure, casting and writers, directors and so on, won't be announced for at least another 2 years, maybe even 3.

I think the SvB trailer actually already answered why we won't be seeing Robin, or am I wrong?
So why would Zack Snyder swap the death of Robin for the death of Gordon? Well it could be that he's taking notes from the higher ups and shaking things up so Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice isn't just a run of the mill comic adaptation. Or maybe Jena Malone's casting as Robin is, in fact, valid. After all, it wouldn't be the first Dark Knight Returns aspect Snyder used in the film, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

Well, BvS is borrowing the aged Bruce Wayne thing from Dark Knight Returns but the story of Batman is much more advanced in time than I think a lot of people realise.

In the trailer we see that Nightwing has been either killed or at least "stopped" by The Joker. Nightwing's costume is in the Batcave with Joker's graffiti all over it.

That says both Robin and Nightwing are out of the picture meaning this Batman, is far far advanced in his story, and not just "a little bit older".

there are 2 Green Lantern:
(1) Alan Scott is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, and the first superhero to bear the name Green Lantern.
(2) John Stewart, known as Green Lantern, is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. He was the first black superhero to appear in DC Comics,
(3) there are also White Lantern Corps:
The White Lantern Corps is a fictional organization appearing in comics published by DC Comics, related to the emotional spectrum.

also there are many Robin: (Alternative versions of Robin)
Robin is a fictional character, a superhero in publications from DC Comics. Robin has long been a fixture in the Batman comic books as Batman's sidekick. Since 1940, several different youths have appeared as Robin. In each incarnation, Robin's brightly colored visual appearance and youthful energy have served as a contrast to Batman's dark look and manner.

True, there's been many Green Lanterns and many Robins. Nightwing, the original Nightwing, was Dick Grayson, who in turn was also the original Robin.

If Nightwing is dead in BvS, then there may be another Robin knocking around at some point, maybe even a prequel showing what happened to Grayson.

Green Lantern, at least the owner of the Ring, has been Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz, Jennifer-Lynn Hayden (daughter of Alan Scott, she became "Jade" rather than being known as "Green Lantern"), Thaal Sinestro and Jediah Caul.

Chris Pine's talks with the studio are to play the Hal Jordan version.

The Ryan Reynolds version, in which he played Hal Jordan, won't be connected to the current DC Cinematic Universe. As I said, the 2020 Green Lantern movie is a hard reboot after the Reynolds movie was completely panned by critics and fans.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
"Don't make the suit green or animated."

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Thread moved to movie questions. In the future, please take a moment to ensure you are posting in the correct forum.

Thanks!

As for the query - Wasn't there already a Green Lantern solo movie, and wasn't it absolutely terrible and a box office failure?
Box office failure, yes....Absolutely terrible is subjective to the viewer.. I love it.