Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Looking forward to Suicide Squad more...

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Yep I'll be devastated when it gets good reviews. I'll probably skip these forums in shame for 6 months haha.

edit: Man of Steel was really bad.
No, you will probably be the guy who comes and say's "I told you it will be good, I was telling you from the start". You don't need shame or any other reason, just skip it for six months...ha ha.

Edit: And DC won't be able to move on without your opinion...Oh wait.

While Man of Steel was sewage, the Batman vs. Superman script was retooled by a competent screenwriter after Ben Affleck signed on and said of the original script, "this wouldn't be out of place in a back alley barnyard slop bucket." There is hope to be had. Though minimal considering the name of the director... Steve Snider.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Meh. Trailer hasn't really done anything to convince me this isn't going to be just another dull, gloomy, portentous Man of Steel situation.

The one positive of the trailer for me is that I'm liking Affleck as Bruce Wayne; something about him just looks right. But that's the only real positive amongst a number of negatives and reservations. Really not feeling Eisenberg's weedy Lex Luthor. And god what is with that dreadful wig? There were some really cheesy, cringey scenes like the roof with the Superman symbol and then he descends from the skies like an angel bathed in a golden light. It also reminded me just how bland I found Cavill to be.

What else? Oh I hope Wonder Woman's involvement in the actual film feels a lot more natural and deserved than her appearance in the trailer where she just pops in out of nowhere and then disappears after two seconds. And then there's just the fact that again I think this dark tone is all wrong for Superman. Take the court scene for example which seems to be aiming to be a sombre, gravely serious event and then an alien walks in wearing a red and blue suit with a cape. It just jars. And also for a supposedly grounded approach the fact that Clark looks exactly like Superman is just stupid! In the comics, the Reeve films and the Lois & Clark TV show it was done in a fun, winking to the audience kind of way but in a realistic depiction how is that supposed to work?

I found this to be EXTREMELY interesting. So here goes.....

In Man of Steel, Superman battles Zod full on and in the process Zod's heat rays destroys a building in the center of Metropolis. You can see the scene in the video below.

In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Bruce Wayne visits Metropolis and happens to be present during the horrific battle. Witnessing the event first hand.

My gifs are below...

That's what I was saying in one of my last posts about the trailer, that Bruce was at the destruction when they were fighting.
This makes Bruce's connection to the deaths involved stronger. Someone he knows must have died because of Supes' and Zod's fight.

I spotted the scene in the trailer on first watch tbh (blowing my own trumpet)... the building that Zod cuts in half with his laser eyes... in MOS you see the building fall down from one angle, from one end of the street... and in the BvS trailer, the shot of that building is from the other end of the street where Bruce is standing.

Elaborating on what I said...
The rubble, has Wayne's business placard and just before the building is destroyed you see Bruce on the phone shouting while staring at the building... says to me that particular building is one of Bruce's, and one of his buddies was inside it when Zod destroyed it.

... just before the building is destroyed you see Bruce on the phone shouting while staring at the building... says to me that particular building is one of Bruce's, and one of his buddies was inside it when Zod destroyed it.
I noticed that when he shouts it looks like he's saying "Jason". Could that be Jason Todd? How Robin died?

Maybe, if Nightwing is already gone/dead, we did after all see the Nightwing costume with Joker's graffiti all over it, that means Grayson is gone... then Todd could easily be the current Robin who gets caught up in the destruction.

I watched MOS last night... and knowing, almost, what BvS is all about it makes MOS much more enjoyable than it already was

I also remember watching MOS in the cinema... and the scene when Christopher Reeve makes a sneaky appearance I got all doughy-eyed and had a little chuckle to myself.

Not a single other person noticed it though.

I also remember watching MOS in the cinema... and the scene when Christopher Reeve makes a sneaky appearance I got all doughy-eyed and had a little chuckle to myself.

Not a single other person noticed it though.
I do too. It was a classic moment.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Meh. Trailer hasn't really done anything to convince me this isn't going to be just another dull, gloomy, portentous Man of Steel situation.

The one positive of the trailer for me is that I'm liking Affleck as Bruce Wayne; something about him just looks right. But that's the only real positive amongst a number of negatives and reservations. Really not feeling Eisenberg's weedy Lex Luthor. And god what is with that dreadful wig? There were some really cheesy, cringey scenes like the roof with the Superman symbol and then he descends from the skies like an angel bathed in a golden light. It also reminded me just how bland I found Cavill to be.

What else? Oh I hope Wonder Woman's involvement in the actual film feels a lot more natural and deserved than her appearance in the trailer where she just pops in out of nowhere and then disappears after two seconds. And then there's just the fact that again I think this dark tone is all wrong for Superman. Take the court scene for example which seems to be aiming to be a sombre, gravely serious event and then an alien walks in wearing a red and blue suit with a cape. It just jars. And also for a supposedly grounded approach the fact that Clark looks exactly like Superman is just stupid! In the comics, the Reeve films and the Lois & Clark TV show it was done in a fun, winking to the audience kind of way but in a realistic depiction how is that supposed to work?
Amen. I'm going with a 59% RT score after a week, and a Metacritic score of 54.

Why Is it any of Wonder Womans buisness she feels a need too stick her nose into batmans buisness with Superman. Its well know men need too fight to solve there differances and yeah they can level a city. But dont get why she an amazon princess needs too play ref.