Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Nekromantik (1987)

-

This is a German classic, in which the main character works as a street cleaner, meaning he picks up bodies and body parts off the street after accidents and such. Him and his girlfriend are into some freaky stuff, so one day he brings home a full corpse for the two of them to have their way with. They attach a metal pipe to the corpse's crotchal region, and what I thought was strange, they put a condom on it. I'm not sure if this is to prevent against lockjaw of the vag, or for comfort, or for some other reason. Anyway, the guy is kind of a loser, so one day he comes home after losing his job, and he finds his girlfriend has left with the corpse. The rest of the movie shows his remaining misadventures. It's a pretty easy watch at about 70 minutes long, and it's definitely macabre, but unfortunately not that disturbing. The best parts are the necrophilia scenes with the threesome, and the girl one on one with the corpse. A good portion of the rest of the movie is dull.

Anyway, the guy is kind of a loser
I always like to read your reviews of these types of films because there is always a line or two that brings a smile to my face. This is the one that did it here. "You don't say."

Care for some gopher?
Nekromantik (1987)

This is a German classic
Not quite. It's more a cult movie among fans of gory amateur films.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Nekromantik is arthouse.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Once Upon a Time in America (Sergio Leone, 1985)

I never thought an almost 4-hour movie would fly this fast!
I can't even describe how much I loved this! The pacing, the acting, the soundtrack (ohhh, the soundtrack), the cinematography, the camera work, the script...
Leone had a gift... He was a story teller like no director ever was and here is his masterpiece!

+

Nekromantik (1987)

-

This is a German classic, in which the main character works as a street cleaner, meaning he picks up bodies and body parts off the street after accidents and such. Him and his girlfriend are into some freaky stuff, so one day he brings home a full corpse for the two of them to have their way with. They attach a metal pipe to the corpse's crotchal region, and what I thought was strange, they put a condom on it. I'm not sure if this is to prevent against lockjaw of the vag, or for comfort, or for some other reason. Anyway, the guy is kind of a loser, so one day he comes home after losing his job, and he finds his girlfriend has left with the corpse. The rest of the movie shows his remaining misadventures. It's a pretty easy watch at about 70 minutes long, and it's definitely macabre, but unfortunately not that disturbing. The best parts are the necrophilia scenes with the threesome, and the girl one on one with the corpse. A good portion of the rest of the movie is dull.

Can I rep you 1,000 times???? Wait, did you just give it a negative vote???

There is a mincer scene, but the movie is not violent enough for you!
That's why when she says she just killed somebody, it's true.
Minio, all I can say to you is...

22 Jump Street- 9/10
I think it's by far the best comedy sequel, even though 21 was better.

Hi, guys! Glad that I finally found this community. I have a very nice watchlist from the last couple of hours of reading this section so thank you!

Here are the ratings for the movies that I watched this week:

Inside Out - Smart and entertaining animation. Didn't expect to be that good.

Whiplash - JK SIMMONS! The story ... meh.

Water Diviner - Crowe's directorial debut and bonus beautiful Olga Kurylenko.

Ex Machina - A good movie is a good movie.

Twice Born (2012) by Sergio Castellitto - A great movie. Some very good performances from Hirsch and the authentic Haskovic

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Once Upon a Time in Shanghai (2014)
8 out of 10

A country bumpkin kung fu expert with a killer punch goes to Shanghai to seek fame and fortune.

This was pretty good, as far as kung-fu films go-- great fighting action and Sammo Hung is a plus. If you don't know him, look him up. Very beautifully filmed with a dark pallet. Typical kung fu story of good peasants vs gangsters vs Japanese, reminiscent of the old Bruce Lee movies. Great fighting action. The hero's fist is so strong he literally punches the piss out of the bad guy. If you're looking for a good recent kung fu film, this one won't disappoint.

Good Morning (1959)

As I expected, I enjoyed it immensely! It's a fantastic little comedy which tackles Ozu's typical themes with plenty of laughs (a lot of fart jokes) and masterful directing (as usual).

The atmosphere he's always able to create in the films I've seen from him so far, make his pictures so relaxing and fun to watch. I love diving into his "cinematic universe". It's so familiar and yet continuously refreshing to experience it.

Ozu is definitely my greatest personal cinematic discovery of 2015. My love for his work and style deserves thousands of pages of praises and I'm glad to observe that so many other people feel the same way.

No rating necessary.

Damn, that's a good rating from you right? You liked it that much?
thats an average rating from me... I still like Despicable Me films more....

Serena
(2014, USA)
Directed by Susanne Bier
5.25/10

Im really upset with Susanne Bier. Normally her films are great. She directed "After The Wedding" and "Open Hearts". I think her choice of actors/actresses that is what made this film very weak!!! I cant stand Bradley Cooper or Jennifer Lawrence.